Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At pick nine there are plenty of other decent options. Did you think that the club would go into the draft with only one option for a pick? Hayes, Coffield, Fogarty. Happy days. But I can't recall any deny one suggesting he would go before then. But could happen.

Nah thats cool as Jack Darling would be the only other decent player taken after Pitt.

Though did you know Josh Jenkins, Jason Johanisen, Jeremy McGovern and Luke Dahlhaus went in the RD and that Freo drafted Jack Anthony moments before in the PSD, hahaha now thats some messed up s**t!

Seriously messed up. Jack Anthony was a disaster.

McGovern and 9 I like. Bulldogs get killed don't they?

Maybe; Pick 5 and swap 2018 2nd round picks for McGovern and 9.

If the assumption is that the clubs will have similar seasons next year to this year it is a significant upgrade for the Crows.

The other sticking point for me is the question of who we would be targeting at 9. If it is Naughton plus we are bringing in McGovern, I would suggest Cox should be in trade discussions. Crows would be looking for a Lever replacement and would be reeling from the loss of two interstate players. I would take pick 26 for Cox in your scenario. It is essentially a different trade but one the kind Adelaide would be looking for.

OUT
Freo - Pick 5 & 2018 2nd, Cox
Adelaide - Jake Lever & Pick 35, Pick 9 & Mich McGovern & 2018 2nd,
Western Bulldogs - Pick 9 & 26 (or future 2nd rounder)

IN
Freo - Mitch McGovern & Pick 9 & Crows 2018 2nd Round, Pick 26 (for Cox)
Adelaide - Pick 5 & Fremantle 2018 2nd Round, Pick 26 (ontraded from Bulldogs to Fremantle), Cox
Western Bulldogs - Jake Lever, Pick 35

Im wondering just how much Adelaide would give up for a real shot at Darcy Fogarty and if you think Freo would exploit that?

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/08/07/franklin-wants-stay-hawk
http://origin-www.sportal.com.au.pe...ning-lance-franklin/1js431mlnhxdsz291cumimnhh

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-25/trigg-confident-star-crows-wont-fly-home

Talk is cheap but that's what it is, giving hope to their fans who would have been ringing up demanding the club do something - the club won't pay more money so they take the cheap option to placate their supporters for a while.

I think we will do the same as last year and downgrade our first pick.
Yep, last year, Freo for pick #3 and their 2017 2nd round pick (now est. pick #25) ended up securing Cam McCarthy, Griffin Logue(#8), Sean Darcy(#38), Brennan Cox(#41) and Gold Coasts 4th round pick in 2017 (now est. pick #60).

That is, 4 players that look highly likely to be 100+ gamers for Freo, plus a yet unknown pick in 2017.

I don't care how much anybody tries to convince me, that is a better outcome for Freo than any #3 pick could produce.

Will Freo be able to do the same again in the 2017 draft ... probably not, but history should at least tell us that just using pick #5 to pick the best available or best KPF may not nescessarily produce the best results ... then again it may ... time will tell and a huge number of options which may only become available on draft day need to be considered.

Yep, last year, Freo for pick #3 and their 2017 2nd round pick (now est. pick #25) ended up securing Cam McCarthy, Griffin Logue(#8), Sean Darcy(#38), Brennan Cox(#41) and Gold Coasts 4th round pick in 2017 (now est. pick #60).

That is, 4 players that look highly likely to be 100+ gamers for Freo, plus a yet unknown pick in 2017.

I don't care how much anybody tries to convince me, that is a better outcome for Freo than any #3 pick could produce.

Will Freo be able to do the same again in the 2017 draft ... probably not, but history should at least tell us that just using pick #5 to pick the best available or best KPF may not nescessarily produce the best results ... then again it may ... time will tell and a huge number of options which may only become available on draft day need to be considered.
Agreed, i get angry whenever people say we gave up pick 3 for McCarthy, its so far removed from the truth. Another result like last year would be incredible and well worth any downgrade of pick 3. It doesnt matter how good Taranto is, he wont be worth more than Logue, Darcy and McCarthy combined.

And if we cant organise an incredible deal like last year, the top 7 this year is incredibly even, so i'd be happy either which way.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cox just signed to the end of 2020
yes, good news. My post about a month ago on this was that the club should be discussing contract extensions with Cox, and if he indicated he may want to return home, suggest a possible trade for McGovern.

Pretty happy to be keeping Cox, and my interest in McGovern drops a bit. Not that he looks like being available without a killer offer, which I also would not be in favour of.

Still keen on either Fogarty or Naughton, especially if we worked them in with a downgraded pick deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big bodied contested mid wouldn't be a bad addition for us either.
With Mundy on the way out, Barlow gone and Blakely potentially moving to half back, Fyfe's the only real BIG body left in there.
It would allow him to move forward more if we could get another strong contested player ... I haven't seen a lot of Fogarty, but he seems to be a really good option here.

It would allow a midfield rotation something like this (In order of most midfield minutes to least)
INSIDE - Neale, Fogarty, Fyfe, Blakely
IN/OUT - S.Hill, Weller, Tucker, Bennell
OUTSIDE - B.Hill, Walters, Crozier

Im hoping the rumour of melbourne looking to ship Hogan out is true if so might be able to package pick 5 and Balic etc for him. If not would be happy to take Fogarty.

Im hoping the rumour of melbourne looking to ship Hogan out is true if so might be able to package pick 5 and Balic etc for him. If not would be happy to take Fogarty.
Well that's the dream isn't it. Would have a massive impact. The question would be about how much we would be willing to pay. WC would want him too (I have heard the mantra that he'd only go to Freo). But it would still make negotiations more difficult.

Best inside/outside mid available. Looking for a dynamic Judd type to round out our mids who are generally pretty slow. Some saying our midfield is alright but we get smashed in the middle when they don't get the ball put down their throats by a dominant ruck.

Still got Brander as a KPD although does note his Vic Metro game.

I am actually cooling on him a little too. I'm on the Stephenson train now.
The only problem with Stephenson, Hayes is the fact they are Vic metro kids and the go home
factor.
But if they excel, we could bank the picks like GWS have for later.
I still think it really depends on McGovern which way we go, but with so much focus on Victorian
kids, there will be some gems found from the other states.

The only problem with Stephenson, Hayes is the fact they are Vic metro kids and the go home
factor.
But if they excel, we could bank the picks like GWS have for later.
I still think it really depends on McGovern which way we go, but with so much focus on Victorian
kids, there will be some gems found from the other states.
Normally I agree with the 'no Metro' sentiments but I have heard a couple of draft/trade people say Stephenson was a ripping kid. Quality character is one of the things you look for if getting those Metro boys. If they have it and our culture is good I don't think there is a problem.

That and I think he could be crazy good if he gets all his tools together. Has pace, takes marks, kicks goals and recently has shown he can find plenty when in the mids.

Normally I agree with the 'no Metro' sentiments but I have heard a couple of draft/trade people say Stephenson was a ripping kid. Quality character is one of the things you look for if getting those Metro boys. If they have it and our culture is good I don't think there is a problem.

That and I think he could be crazy good if he gets all his tools together. Has pace, takes marks, kicks goals and recently has shown he can find plenty when in the mids.
Yeah, he seems like he is about ready to explode. Would be quite happy if we took him.

A big bodied contested mid wouldn't be a bad addition for us either.
With Mundy on the way out, Barlow gone and Blakely potentially moving to half back, Fyfe's the only real BIG body left in there.
It would allow him to move forward more if we could get another strong contested player ... I haven't seen a lot of Fogarty, but he seems to be a really good option here.

It would allow a midfield rotation something like this (In order of most midfield minutes to least)
INSIDE - Neale, Fogarty, Fyfe, Blakely
IN/OUT - S.Hill, Weller, Tucker, Bennell
OUTSIDE - B.Hill, Walters, Crozier
What about Brandon Starcevich?

Back