Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Wilson and Matera players manager Colin?

Yep. Wilson is the only GWS player managed by Colin.
I am asking because Colin tend to create a lot of noise (trade)towards the end of AFL season. Eg Ballas , cam Mac.

Last edited:
We're getting too hung up on Vic Metro v Country. Remember more than half the 'country' pool is actually outer suburban Melbourne.
Take Davies-Uniacke he's vic country, great if he slips to us we think! Well he plays for Dandenong which is closer to the Melbourne CBD than Butler is to Perth's by some margin.

Yeah. Good goal kicker, but not a good field kick. Nor were Blakely and Hughes though, and they are ok now.
Blakely second rd pick though , Hughes rookie upgrade .

Blakely second rd pick though , Hughes rookie upgrade .
Blakely is turning into a real bargain though.

This kid offers a lot of run, dash, aerial ability, and is a goal kicker. He collected 39 possessions the other day so he must run hard to the contest and by the looks of it into the backline (assuming he wasn't playing half back). The point I was making about the kicking was that Hughes and Blakely were very ordinary kicks when the started out and have tidied that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

403319_b3e43338fc1a06b5bb7e16ec1d7cc65e.png

that's the current draft pick order as of round 22. plenty can happen from now until gf day

Blakely is turning into a real bargain though.

This kid offers a lot of run, dash, aerial ability, and is a goal kicker. He collected 39 possessions the other day so he must run hard to the contest and by the looks of it into the backline (assuming he wasn't playing half back). The point I was making about the kicking was that Hughes and Blakely were very ordinary kicks when the started out and have tidied that up.
The under 18 clubs do better for their players to be drafted higher. They feed them the ball and play them in roles that showcase them so they get their AFL payment

Yes, at one point some watches thought he may be the number 1 pick. As you say, he might still might be gone very early.

Stephenson probably won't be the #1 pick, but he is the best player in the draft. I've thought that for 18 months. There aren't many game changers like him in this draft.

Now let me go back through the last few pages and see how many questions I've missed...two threads is hard to follow.

Stephenson probably won't be the #1 pick, but he is the best player in the draft. I've thought that for 18 months. There aren't many game changers like him in this draft.

Now let me go back through the last few pages and see how many questions I've missed...two threads is hard to follow.
That was the impression I was getting. Has so many tools all he needs is the professionalism to get the most out of himself to be an absolute jet.

What chance do you think he gets to pick 5 and we take him Chris?

That was the impression I was getting. Has so many tools all he needs is the professionalism to get the most out of himself to be an absolute jet.

What chance do you think he gets to pick 5 and we take him Chris?

There's a lot to still play out before we know where players will start to settle. For example, does North get Josh Kelly? If not, Stephenson might be an option for them. And then if they do, what does GWS do? I imagine that's the pick he could go at before us.

Do we pick him? At this stage, I'd say probably not. A tall like Brander or Fogarty, or a genuine midfielder seems more likely. Might depend on how confident we are with Bennell, who would play a similar role. And how gun shy we are with Metro boys after Balic.

But purely on best available talent, he'd have to be discussed.

There's a lot to still play out before we know where players will start to settle. For example, does North get Josh Kelly? If not, Stephenson might be an option for them. And then if they do, what does GWS do? I imagine that's the pick he could go at before us.

Do we pick him? At this stage, I'd say probably not. A tall like Brander or Fogarty, or a genuine midfielder seems more likely. Might depend on how confident we are with Bennell, who would play a similar role. And how gun shy we are with Metro boys after Balic.

Yeah fair enough. Kelly looks as though he is going to shape much of the draft/trade period. Stephenson looks a real point of difference player that might interest GWS or North as you say.

Surely we only take Brander if we think he is a forward though? From what I saw I think he is but don't most of his coaches play him down back?

Wish Fogarty was fully fit for the champs. Would have been nice to see what he is about. Only real concern with him was perhaps he is a bit of a manchild. Certainly looked like hew knew how to football at times and no doubt you have seen plenty of him in SA.

my personal opinion is to take naughton at peel. yeah he is a kpd. it seems he looks very good.

my personal opinion is to take naughton at peel. yeah he is a kpd. it seems he looks very good.
I suspect many players look very good though. If he wasn't a Peel player would you still want him?

Think many here get taken by the romance. Pretty sure nobody has him above Brander in the rankings yet and they play the same position.

I suspect many players look very good though. If he wasn't a Peel player would you still want him?

Think many here get taken by the romance. Pretty sure nobody has him above Brander in the rankings yet and they play the same position.
even if he played for another WAFL club, I would still grab him.

This might sound desperate, I would consider getting Mason Shaw at south freo. 37 goals from 19 games this season. not with pick 5 obviously. a rookie pick

Back