List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were referring to Gresh's kicking v Coffield's I'm not surprised if they though more highly of Coffield's, as Gresh can do some really good kicks and is very dual-sided, but he is also prone to some very poor ones and his kicks aren't really very penetrating. Of course his set shot kicking is atrocious!

His creativity and dual-sidedness are probably his kicking strong suits.

If they were referring to Gresh's kicking v Coffield's I'm not surprised if they though more highly of Coffield's, as Gresh can do some really good kicks and is very dual-sided, but he is also prone to some very poor ones and his kicks aren't really very penetrating. Of course his set shot kicking is atrocious!

His creativity and dual-sidedness are probably his kicking strong suits.
Gresh has a relatively high ball drop which sis why he can lack penetration where as coffield has the low dart type of kick mastered. Coffield is a gun and the best decision maker in the draft, just has so much compsure and an ability to make great decision whilst being tackled or under presure.
He's like a defender version of acres.
He's everything we need and more

Gresh has a relatively high ball drop which sis why he can lack penetration where as coffield has the low dart type of kick mastered. Coffield is a gun and the best decision maker in the draft, just has so much compsure and an ability to make great decision whilst being tackled or under presure.
He's like a defender version of acres.
He's everything we need and more
that doesn't sound like blake

I have seen a clip of Tim Kelly, who people are comparing to Jimmy Krakourer. In the clip,Kelly kicks the ball 50m forward, where it is marked by a team-mate. Kelly s so fast he is streaming past the team as he marks, who duly hand passes to Kelly, who runs in and goals. He is very very fast. Just what we need. Whats more, he is 23, and would be ready to play straight away.

I have seen a clip of Tim Kelly, who people are comparing to Jimmy Krakourer. In the clip,Kelly kicks the ball 50m forward, where it is marked by a team-mate. Kelly s so fast he is streaming past the team as he marks, who duly hand passes to Kelly, who runs in and goals. He is very very fast. Just what we need. Whats more, he is 23, and would be ready to play straight away.
Unfortunately he wants to go to Carlton.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/s...m-kelly-on-carltons-draft-radar-ng-b88604750z

Fortunately they won't get all they want.

Last edited:
We know Richo has watched a game where Coffield was playing, but are we aware of any other boys the club has shown an interest in?

I don't think Richo should have much of anything to do with drafting. One or two games is a crap way of working out if a player is any good. I'm still hoping our first pick is a second or third rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Richo should have much of anything to do with drafting. One or two games is a crap way of working out if a player is any good. I'm still hoping our first pick is a second or third rounder.
He doesn't and he admits that. Wouldn't have heaps to do with trades either.

But you still want him having a look at the draft guys after the seasons over.

He better have a lot to do with trades. And yes I want him to look but not touch drafted players.
Not the actual process, say the trade with Hawthorn last year. More of an Ameet operation id reckon.

Targets i suppose but guys we've recruited in the past have been a lot of smoky types.

Xavier Ellis gave him a massive compliment , where he said TK would be in the best 18 at every club in the AFL. Xavier Ellis has no affiliation with S.F.F.C. TK has the speed to breakaway and is direct because of this. Josh Bruce would appreciate someone not bombing the ball to him , because their going sideways or under pressure. Our picks would have to change for us to get him imo.

Hedge fund on the draft board who seems to be a draft itk is a massive wrap for Andrew Brayshaw. Says he does everything to a high standard & is right alongside Rayner, Dow, LDU & Cera for quality & could go ahead.

Don't think Gresham was ever that strong as a leader, just the mobs best player by a mile.

Coffield must be something if he has more skill than Gresham. Gresh is ridiculous.
I don't know whether we have an insider at the Northern Knights , but we have traditionally fared well drafting their players. Even Montagna was a late pick.

Hedge fund on the draft board who seems to be a draft itk is a massive wrap for Andrew Brayshaw. Says he does everything to a high standard & is right alongside Rayner, Dow, LDU & Cera for quality & could go ahead.

Brayshaw storming up boards I recon.. Young age and playing well late in season.
Really helping make picks 7 and 8 look a good position to be in. Top 8 really looking strong

Brayshaw storming up boards I recon.. Young age and playing well late in season.
Really helping make picks 7 and 8 look a good position to be in. Top 8 really looking strong
Yeah he looks pretty good. Very tough on the inside but pretty classy with ball in hand too.

Pretty happy with where our picks sit right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back