24/11/17 6pm National Draft: Picks 47, 51, 58, 60 + 61

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe that the Steven Motlop of the last 2 years is as good as he gets. The hope is, like Travis Varcoe, he finds some campaigner and turns his career around. The down side is a lazy bugger who anchors our salary cap for the 4 years.

I wonder is Geelong would be open trading for Matthew Lobbe as an unofficial part of the deal? We get rid of Lobbes and structure Moptlops contact in a way the gets them a good compo pick.

9 months ago everyone was dead against it.

Im still keen. I fwd/mid group of Chad, Robbie & Motlop would dominate

I wasn't dead against Motlop. I was dead against trading Hartlett for Motlop, which was the prevailing idea at the time. Because if we were going to trade a guy for being inconsistent and failing to live up to his potential to send a message to the rest of the playing group, you don't do that by swapping him for another inconsistent player who's failed to live up to his potential.

I'd be more than happy with Motlop as a free agent.

Do we really need him with Impey developing nicely

Same position but very different players, in a way that would complement each other nicely. We'd have Impey for the manic pressure and Motlop for the silky skills.

Nakia Cockatoo would be a good get, he could develop into a high class small forward.

I can vaguely recall his father Jason playing for the Maggies, from memory he was a half back, but was a bit on the slow side and didn't have many of the tricks that a lot of indigenous players possess.
If I have got the right bloke, he was fairly hard at it, and may have incurred the wrath of the umps on more than one occasion.

Re the NEAFL, I watched the replay of the NT Thunder v Southport Sharks on NITV last night and was very disappointed with the standard of the game.
Any form of team defence was virtually non existent and there were turn overs galore, I expect any half decent SANFL team would have beaten either by 10 goals plus.

I can't believe that the Steven Motlop of the last 2 years is as good as he gets. The hope is, like Travis Varcoe, he finds some campaigner and turns his career around. The down side is a lazy bugger who anchors our salary cap for the 4 years.

I wonder is Geelong would be open trading for Matthew Lobbe as an unofficial part of the deal? We get rid of Lobbes and structure Moptlops contact in a way the gets them a good compo pick.
Nah, they're putting away their pennies for Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop would be a nice get - exactly what we need a very highly skilled fast guy who is very dangerous up forward - would be massive, especially if he can take another small step up !

Rumours going around M scharenberg wants out at collingwood. could come cheap and has been in ripping VFL form

Was a bees dick away from heading to West Lakes last time around. I'd love him but not sure what sort of trade Collingwood would want.

Why is Nakia Cockatoo being rated so highly here? His output has been no greater than Jake Neade (who most here see as a candidate for delisting), he does not fill a pressing need, and he would not come cheap. Is it simply because he supported Port Adelaide growing up?

As far as I am concerned Cockatoo is a far more effective player with a heck of a lot more potential in regard to skill and athleticism than Neade. Doesn't find a lot of it, so perhaps won't be the superstar he appeared he may become but I think he would add value to any side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back