24/11/17 6pm National Draft: Picks 47, 51, 58, 60 + 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Stories around in recent years he wanted to get to Ports. Like him as a player but is another small forward really high on our wish list.

with monfries past the use by date
gray close to the end
wingard in the middle
SPP better suited to the middle

that leaves young, SPray, Johnson & Neade

I wouldn't classify him as high on the wish list but would certainly be handy

Sorry.... Amon posed to re-sign. Seems pretty positive.

Probably would have had a career best year if his kneecap didn't explode. Not expecting much from him for the rest of the year.

View attachment 404314

This would be my dream team for next year! :p

Excuse my uneducated opinion! not really sure what I am talking about when it comes to selections.

Thoughts? Changes?

oh crap forgot Impey..

**probably not related to thread but has the rumored free agents

I'm almost sure Marshall will start.
Johnson possibly a lock by seasons end?

You're also as qualified as anyone here to have an opinion.

View attachment 404314

This would be my dream team for next year! :p

Excuse my uneducated opinion! not really sure what I am talking about when it comes to selections.

Thoughts? Changes?

oh crap forgot Impey..

**probably not related to thread but has the rumored free agents

I like that team. It actually has a forward line.

If the rumours are correct (according to Cornes) Marshall will get a run this week.

A forward line of Marshall, Dixon and then Frampton (resting ruck)/Howard/westhoff would be nice.

Did Jacko say today on radio he's put off contract talks?

Good if so.

Both Port and Jackson should be considering their options. Dropped before finals is probably not great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we must have other plans then

Yeah I think the word "plan" here is a little strong.

We're only a couple of say, HFFHartlett2Doogs moments from totally upending what many here think of and condemn as Ken's preferred "structure given the personnel".

Because then the problem becomes not making HFF more effective but not wanting to be too top heavy in defence, not wanting to play both Hombsch *and* Trengove when Westhoff is already on the wing and Doogs and Dix up forward.

Delist/trade Gus, White, Krak, Toump, Young, look to Boak & SPP, Chad & Robbie, to rotate through HFF, *then* you can choose a "cheap" classic HFF Matera to complement rather than a high profile/cost option Mots or Rocky. But it leaves us needing and able to afford a serious someone as HBF as counter intuitive as that may feel right now. And depending on how we see Billy, Trengove really may become surplus as utterly astonishing as that seems right now.

So there's not so much "a" plan IMO as a "plan for navigating a maze with a daily changing layout" ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stories around in recent years he wanted to get to Ports. Like him as a player but is another small forward really high on our wish list.
A good one definitely is, was very keen on Matera earlier in his career and interest sparked again when he was in scintillating form earlier in the year despite being in a struggling side. Does anyone know if he's a FA or would require a trade?

Couldn't go wrong with him or Motlop, tbh think there'd be less risk & higher reward for less coin if we managed to get Matera to crumb off his old mate big Dix.

I'd like us to pursue Will Hayward and Caleb Daniel.

Love a team that looks like this...

F: Marshall Dixon R.Gray
HF: Hayward Westhoff Houston
C: Polec Wines Ebert
HB: Pittard Howard Hartlett
FB: DBJ Clurey Jonas

1R: Ryder, SPP, Wingard

INT: Daniel, Frampton, Amon, Hombsch

I'd like us to pursue Will Hayward and Caleb Daniel.

Love a team that looks like this...

F: Marshall Dixon R.Gray
HF: Hayward Westhoff Houston
C: Polec Wines Ebert
HB: Pittard Howard Hartlett
FB: DBJ Clurey Jonas

1R: Ryder, SPP, Wingard

INT: Daniel, Frampton, Amon, Hombsch
There is a guy in this years draft not too dissimilar to Will Hayward, good athlete, hard to beat 1v1 and most importantly one of the best kicks in the draft. We may need a good free agency compo pick if we are going to get a crack at Jordan Houlahan though. I think he kicked 5 in the SANFL reserves on the weekend.

A good one definitely is, was very keen on Matera earlier in his career and interest sparked again when he was in scintillating form earlier in the year despite being in a struggling side. Does anyone know if he's a FA or would require a trade?

Couldn't go wrong with him or Motlop, tbh think there'd be less risk & higher reward for less coin if we managed to get Matera to crumb off his old mate big Dix.

Not a free agent so a trade with Freo and West Coast possibly more interested than us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back