2017 Grand Final - Who wears the clash jumper?

Who should have to wear the Clash jumper for GF (hypothetical at this stage)

• Adelaide

Votes: 109 17.5%
  • Richmond

Votes: 514 82.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil was on 360 tonight and he wants a coin toss, he stated that Richmond and Adelaide are the worst clash strips in the competition. Gil is wrong of course, i think he might be quite mad? He also states, it's no one's home game, i don't think this bloke understands what qualifying higher after 22 rounds actually means? Luckily he won't have to toss a coin as Geelong do not clash with the Tigers strip. Gil doesn't fool anybody, we have become accustomed to corporate knobends reinforcing this obsession with image in place of reality. We all know what they're doing and they know that we know. I'm not buying any of it ...going forward! He's a killer at corporate "speak", never trust anybody who uses the word paradigm more than twice ...

Haha you do, but the boss of the AFL doesn't.

Just don't get why it's not highest ranking team. I get that it fits The narrative of the club I support this year but it's too late anyway but I would be happy for this to be the rule from next year onwards. Highest team should always be rewarded
But it is already... when we made the GF in 2015 we were told we could wear our home jumper and Hawks were going to wear their power rangers clash, as we finished 2nd and them 3rd. But we opted to wear our away with blue shorts anyway as that's how we've played in every grand final. This coin toss is just an excuse to get the tigers into their home jumper, nothing more.

Gil was on 360 tonight and he wants a coin toss, he stated that Richmond and Adelaide are the worst clash strips in the competition. Gil is wrong of course, i think he might be quite mad? He also states, it's no one's home game, i don't think this bloke understands what qualifying higher after 22 rounds actually means? Luckily he won't have to toss a coin as Geelong do not clash with the Tigers strip. Gil doesn't fool anybody, we have become accustomed to corporate knobends reinforcing this obsession with image in place of reality. We all know what they're doing and they know that we know. I'm not buying any of it ...going forward! He's a killer at corporate "speak", never trust anybody who uses the word paradigm more than twice ...

Excellent post. "Going forward" is the type of language that social engineering elites use to try & put the poor old uneducated simpletons (anyone who isn't in the elite) in their place. You and me just don't understand the complexities.

He keeps going on about it being "beamed around the world" on tv, as if his constituents are some middle aged lager swilling soccer moron in Clapham UK who flicks channels for 10 minutes and has about as much long term interest in Aust football as a Tibetan monk.

No Gil your job is not to reprogram Australians into your likeness, but to keep supporters happy...

Gil's job is to ask himself one question - what Guernsey did Jack Dyer, M Patterson, Billy Barrot, T Hafey etc give everything for? If he respects the memory of these players he would compromise & think of options eg Tigers to wear yellow on the back but keep the sash on the front.

Sometimes doing what is right is better than virtue signaling. Anyway Giants may win, but if they don't I want to see something that respects the Tigers of old

Gil's job is to ask himself one question - what Guernsey did Jack Dyer, M Patterson, Billy Barrot, T Hafey etc give everything for? If he respects the memory of these players he would compromise & think of options eg Tigers to wear yellow on the back but keep the sash on the front.

Gill's job is to do what's best for the game 'going forward', not to pander to club nostalgia.

I don't know why the Tiges would want to wear some half/half mash up anyway, why not just embrace the fantastic clash jumper they've already got?

No chance the tigers will be in their clash jumper on the mcg in a grand final if we beat the Giants. Just will not happen. Be it a coin toss or a frank discussion, if the tigers win on Saturday they will be wearing the same jumper the following week regardless of who we play.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I thought Geelong fans were the sooks for wanting a home ground final as the higher ranked side. Turns out giving in to Richmond for the qualifying final was just thin edge of the wedge stuff, even when they didn't earn it they now want their home jumper. next season they will want all away games at the MCG, a two goal head start, all of their behinds to count for three points, and a fifty metre penalty everytime some channel seven hack creams themselves over Dusty.

Want to wear the home jumper in a grand final when there is a clash? Win more games during the year, simples!

Has anyone actually thought about the possibility that Adelaide would indeed choose to wear their away/clash strip given that the game is at the MCG. They would wear that jumper in the home and away season and they would consider this business as usual.

All things being equal, Adelaide are the higher ranking side and should therefore choose which jumper they wish to wear. Pretty simple. It should not be a coin toss.

If this was my team discussing whether they wear a clash jumper or not, well before they have earned the right to even play in it, I would be disgusted & embarrassed.
This is seriously weird sh.t by KB on SEN. Make the GF first.

Excellent post. "Going forward" is the type of language that social engineering elites use to try & put the poor old uneducated simpletons (anyone who isn't in the elite) in their place. You and me just don't understand the complexities.

He keeps going on about it being "beamed around the world" on tv, as if his constituents are some middle aged lager swilling soccer moron in Clapham UK who flicks channels for 10 minutes and has about as much long term interest in Aust football as a Tibetan monk.

No Gil your job is not to reprogram Australians into your likeness, but to keep supporters happy...
That's exactly how i felt squirming in my chair last night watching "Mr Corporate" once again distance himself from the fans. Both teams should wear their normal strips for a Grand Final. I don't want to see Adelaide in that stupid "WHITE" away strip and the Tigers should be in their traditional outfit also. Gil is out of touch and out of his depth in the gig. He's great at talking, he reminds me a bit of Obama, a great orator, but leaves no substance once he's finished whatever gobbledygook he just said! So Richmond look like they will at least get a toss of the coin for it, otherwise they will be in canary yellow with a black sash. Gil has spoken. It won't matter anyway as Geelong don't clash with either the Tigers or short people! I have spoken!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back