2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see why that certain group of people keep saying Bulldogs will miss finals, and the only arguement they have is because Hawthon 2008 didnt make finals in 2009. What kind of dense argument is that?

Something drastic would have to happen for the bulldogs to miss finals, not because they are young, not because they are comparable to Hawthorn 2008 (still dont see the comparison gameplan wise, which should be the only thing taken into consideration).

Common sense says there position on the ladder improves in 2017, and that they are right in the hunt to go back to back.

We were meant to miss the finals this year because of a tougher draw and other teams working out Bevo. Look what happened.

Now we're tipped to miss the finals because Hawthorn did in 2009?

Get on us to go B2B then.

I dont see why that certain group of people keep saying Bulldogs will miss finals, and the only arguement they have is because Hawthon 2008 didnt make finals in 2009. What kind of dense argument is that?

Something drastic would have to happen for the bulldogs to miss finals, not because they are young, not because they are comparable to Hawthorn 2008 (still dont see the comparison gameplan wise, which should be the only thing taken into consideration).

Common sense says there position on the ladder improves in 2017, and that they are right in the hunt to go back to back.
Interesting that some people said that the Dogs would miss the finals in 2016 and their reasoning was that it happened to Port Adelaide.
When I eventually make some predictions for 2017 I will be looking at several factors.
List
Coaches
Draw difficulty
Home field advantage ,if any.

Which clubs do you consider to have better forward lines? I'm curious for your opinion on how we stack up in the comp.

Just as an fyi Reiwoldt played quite a lot forward this year, pretty much whenever Paddy wasn't able to play or when young mids like Acres were resting. Hopefully he wont play that much next year.

GWS forward line in 2017:

HF: Deledio Patton Greene
F: smith Cameron lobb

Stevie j will play a bit in there too

Fairly handy

I think they will actually improve on their ladder position from last year.
I'm impressed that all 10 Doggies supporters (up 3 since the Grand Final), are all out in force in this thread
Well we had to wait a bloody long time for it :tonguewink:

I think they will actually improve on their ladder position from last year.
I'm impressed that all 10 Doggies supporters (up 3 since the Grand Final), are all out in force in this thread

Brought 10,000 supporters to Sydney :)

I think the bye favoured them significantly, allowing a week off to recover pre elimination Final round. You can't doubt the significance of that. I also think there are better sides, I really do. I see them doing a Hawthorn in 09. I may be wrong, I may not.
All reasonable points
Will be interesting to see how much longer we continue to be underestimated

You won't do it again. And no, I do think you're a good team, but my opinion is that I think you won't win it next year. And no, I haven't 'mucked up' because you don't like my opinion.
But you have us finishing 7th and there will again be a bye after the h&a rounds. Same, same as 2016 :tongueclosed:

Essendon making finals? Doesn't seem realistic to me! The Brisbane part was probably right though. Have just gone downhill since 2003.

Sorry have Carlton done something good lately? You blokes will fighting us for the spoon again....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers '93, Hawks '08... it's not exactly uncommon for a very young premiership team to drop back after a win before maturing (i.e. not just a hangover) and challenging again consistently in a few years time
I think this is an immensely good point.

Sorry have Carlton done something good lately? You blokes will fighting us for the spoon again....
Fighting for the spoon? We have improved in 2016 and we're going to keep it like that. Brisbane on the other hand have finished in second last position two years in a row now. We may not make finals but we'll certainly improve on our 2016 season.

We were meant to miss the finals this year because of a tougher draw and other teams working out Bevo. Look what happened.

Now we're tipped to miss the finals because Hawthorn did in 2009?

Get on us to go B2B then.
I can't see you missing the 8 - you are too well drilled.

The question for me is can you push into the top 4 - you wouldn't want to roll the dice and try and win it again from outside the top 4.

You will now have a top 6 draw which will be a lot harder than previous years. 3 of GWS, Swans, Hawks, Cats and Crows as double up games.

Also and being the hunted each week can take its toll on a young group. There is not much let up - teams that can't make finals will still get a lot out of the year if they can beat the reigning premiers. Hawks and Bris are freak teams that were able to go back to back to back - but it takes a freak team to win 2 let alone 3 in a row.

You won't do it again. And no, I do think you're a good team, but my opinion is that I think you won't win it next year. And no, I haven't 'mucked up' because you don't like my opinion.

We are the BEST team. You must think your own club are garbage if we are no good.

Fighting for the spoon? We have improved in 2016 and we're going to keep it like that. Brisbane on the other hand have finished in second last position two years in a row now. We may not make finals but we'll certainly improve on our 2016 season.
Aren't you one of only 2 teams that lost to both Brisbane and Essendon and lost 9 of their last 11 games I love how you think you've improved though

I tipped WC, Hawthorn, GWS, but tipped you for the flag once you got there. Why wouldn't anyone take it seriously tipping against you for three weeks?
Tipping hawks over the dogs this finals series = you have no idea what you're talking about

Tipping hawks over the dogs this finals series = you have no idea what you're talking about
A team that is literally a kick away from a prelim, had won the last 3 flags, and remained top 3 virtually all year. Yeah, I am the one not knowing what he is on about.... it's ok though, have your moment in the sun, keep enjoying yourself, and yes you're right, bulldogs are the best ever.

Then I reckon 75% of the population has no idea by your reckoning. Why wouldn't I tip Hawthorn? Explain that to me?
If you bought into the whole "Hawks have won three in a row they know how to win finals blah blah" then that is (imo) the only reasoning for tipping them.

All it took was a look at how the dogs had played against west coast in WA (esp. the way they win contested footy and spread), with the 5 ins (who all performed in WA) and it was pretty obvious that the dogs would easily counter the hawks gameplan. Too quick around the ball and too quick on the space of the G.

The Geelong Hawks game was close but both teams looked slow and too reliant on just a handful of players. The intensity of the dogs (even vs west coast) was miles above the hawks geelong game.

Also IIRC they were going @ $3.60 when they should arguably have been favourites so you'd be crazy not to tip them.

Dogs would have finished top 2 if it weren't for injuries which ruled out several of our players for 50% of the season. If this was the case we would have been equal favorites with GWS / Sydney for the flag.

Last edited:
A team that is literally a kick away from a prelim, had won the last 3 flags, and remained top 3 virtually all year. Yeah, I am the one not knowing what he is on about.... it's ok though, have your moment in the sun, keep enjoying yourself, and yes you're right, bulldogs are the best ever.
A team that also won i think 6 games? throughout the season by under 10 points? Hawks got lucky statistically speaking you shouldn't win that many close ones - I wouldn't call them pretenders but they certainly weren't imposing top 4 material.

• Written off 3/4 of the way through the year due to injuries
  • Written off week 1 of the finals - no chance against west coast over there
  • Written off week 2 of the finals - no chance against hawthorn at the G
  • Written off week 3 of the finals - no chance against the AFL super team up at spotless
  • Written off week 4 of the finals - no chance against the sydney swans with buddy and their 'superior' midfield and list
  • Win Flag
  • Immediately written off for 2017 by Dees fans with delusions of adequacy because they acquired the corpse of Jordan Lewis
tumblr_mnq3e8qg851ro9k5co1_400.gif

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Bulldogs
4. Adelaide
5. Fremantle
6. Hawthorn
7. West Coast
8. St Kilda

9-18. Who gives a stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.