Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Eddie.

I also have no interest in dwelling on the decisions that led him to Adelaide.

It's like looking at an old photo of an ex who is now married and pining over him/her.

It's not healthy for anyone involved IMHO.

The ex shouldn't be kicking as many goals as Eddie has

I like Anthony Miles too if he wants a new home. I’m still a big fan of Jack Trengove also, who should be cheap. Trent McKenzie is still young enough and a phenomenal kick. Tom Lamb, enigmatic, just intrigues me and didn’t fit that WCE fwd line.

I’d rookie Dylbucks. Didn’t get a real good go due to injuries. Excellent clubman which is needed when all these new faces come in. He’s extended family too. For a rookie spot you can’t go wrong.

I like Anthony Miles too if he wants a new home. I’m still a big fan of Jack Trengove also, who should be cheap. Trent McKenzie is still young enough and a phenomenal kick. Tom Lamb, enigmatic, just intrigues me and didn’t fit that WCE fwd line.

I’d rookie Dylbucks. Didn’t get a real good go due to injuries. Excellent clubman which is needed when all these new faces come in. He’s extended family too. For a rookie spot you can’t go wrong.
What injuries held Buckley back? Just isn't good enough, unfortunately.

Trengove is absolutely cooked, that one is injuries sadly.

Let’s talk about the future for a while rather than griping about the past......
Hypothetical:
What if our host of young talent increases their potential significantly over the off season.(hawks 08, scum ‘93)
We also have a great run with injuries (ala tiggers ‘17)
Can we leap into the top that quickly in ‘18?
I don’t believe it’s that far fetched.
Thoughts?

2nd last for points scored last year and now we can make the finals next year??

Yep I think we will improve to around 14-12th on the ladder even with Gibbs gone but who kicks the goals?

Curnow should have a breakout year 25-30goals maybe more. Can't see Levi and Wright kicking more then last season and the rest look about 10-20goals a year. The forward line is extremely young but with plenty of upside just need a couple more seasons of improvement and 1 or 2 additions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the entirety of that post satire?

We have zero rebounding defender depth. It's actually one of our shallowest areas.

Not sure that's true.

Docherty is arguably the best in the business at it.
Simpson has been terrific in that role, albeit 2018 shapes as his final season.
Byrne is a real talent but needs to get some continuity to his game.
Williamson...all I'll say is, how did this guy slip to pick 61?

I'd be more comfortable going into games in 2017 with all of the above, than bringing in Mullett to play that role.

Let's also not forget we've then got taller guys including Jones and Marchbank in particular who provide plenty of rebounding ability.

I also think there's a good chance we may look at someone like Coffield in the draft, who despite possibly projecting as a midfielder at AFL level, has spent plenty of time across half back throughout his junior career.

What's the better option for where we're at right now? Bringing in a 26 year old, or getting more games into guys 22 and under which we've done over the past two years in particular?

Don't get me wrong - I actually rate Mullett and am surprised the Roos cut him. I think he has some good AFL footy left in him if he gets another crack at it, and I'd be happy enough to see him wearing navy blue in 2018. He's certainly the best of the lot IMO when it comes to DFA options as they stand, but I'm not convinced we have to go down that path, and I'm certainly not convinced he has the scope to improve us to the same extent Wright has since we picked him up a couple of years back.

At this stage I'm happy enough to take a pick in the 70s into the draft, but if Mullett or any other player available is deemed to be a better option then that's fine also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back