Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The old saying why aim for 8 wins when aim to win every game and get an overall better result
No professional should ever go out not to win and if so then better to give that career up

Still remember those words

"Can't see us losing a game"

Last edited:
Just a thought. Daisy is often praised for his leadership on and off the field so is it possible he’ll slip straight into docherty’s spot in the back half? So we’d line up something like this:

Fb: Plow Jones Byrne
Hb: Thomas Weits Marchbank
C: Simpson Murphy Williamson
Hf: Sosos Casboult Lang
Ff: Fisher McKay Picket
R: Kreuzer Cripps Kennedy
I/c: Sps E Curnow C Curnow Garlet/Dow/O’Brien
No.

Liability in defence.

Wright, Lamb, Garlett, Dow, O’Brien and others should get games before Thomas.

No.

Liability in defence.

Wright, Lamb, Garlett, Dow, O’Brien and others should get games before Thomas.
He’s not a liability in defence, he reads the play well. Docherty was actually pretty ordinary one on one last year (first one that comes to mind is jeffy against Melbourne) but he’s an excellent loose defender, I think Daisy’s experience, voice and positioning would serve him well. Plus he’s done it before, some of his better games for us have come across half back. The others you’ve listed are either far too raw and not experienced enough to lead a defence or Wright who’s certainly not suited to playing that role.

He’s not a liability in defence, he reads the play well. Docherty was actually pretty ordinary one on one last year (first one that comes to mind is jeffy against Melbourne) but he’s an excellent loose defender, I think Daisy’s experience, voice and positioning would serve him well. Plus he’s done it before, some of his better games for us have come across half back. The others you’ve listed are either far too raw and not experienced enough to lead a defence or Wright who’s certainly not suited to playing that role.
Too slow at the stoppages to stop the opposition small forwards.

Poor kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman
HB: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Ciaran Byrne
C: Matthew Kennedy, Ed Curnow, Sam Petrevski-Seton
HF: Sam Kerridge, Charlie Curnow, Darcy Lang
F: Matthew Wright, Levi Casboult, Jack Silvagni
FOL: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy
I/C: Paddy Dow, Harry McKay, Aaron Mullett, Dale Thomas

This would be something like our best team.....for the points

The trades this year look good ,better than previous trade but obviously unproven so fingers crossed.
Obviously any slip up and we will begin to see the kids placed back in team via injury etc..
A fit Pickett definitely starts on a flank or wing.

Too slow at the stoppages to stop the opposition small forwards.

Poor kick.

plus is he going to add to our pace from defence? With the talls we have it's imperative we have some more run and especially someone who can kick it well and long. Given his great first year in 2017 I don't know why you wouldn't have Williamson back there. Only going to get better. Mullett O'Brien Garlett are also better options.

Last edited:
plus is he going to add to our pace from defence? With the talls we have it's imperative we have some more run and especially someone who can kick it well and long. Given his greta first year in 2017 I don't know why you wouldn't have Williamson back there. Only going to get better. Mullett O'Brien Garlett are also better options.
I'm not sure how Daisy could be ahead of any of the following for a HBF spot: Simmo, Byrne, Plow, Willo, Mullett, Garlett and O'Brien, maybe even O'Shea, Shaw, Pickett or even Shumacher too. Daisy on a back flank feels like a 'square peg, round hole' kind of situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back