Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerr looks like a classic lead-up full-forward. Got thrown around a bit to stretch him sometimes this year - playing as main ruck in one case.

He and HM play different roles. Kerr would lead from the goal square while HM would work the 50m arc. I can see them both in our best side. He needs to work on his first 10m pace to get separation at AFL level, but otherwise looks quite promising.
Very good summation

Pretty sure he travelled to.america last year? To study and learn tactics in relation to this potential rule change. Always ahead is SOS

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
He did. The Americans are experts at this sort of thing, they also tend to value established talent much higher than draft picks in America sports.

This guy and Tim Kelly are the reason Eagles stocked up on R2 picks IMHO.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
I reckon they're going to harvest the best of the WA crop, an inside mid and then go after some WAFL talent.

Something like: Oscar Allen (21), Starcevich (26), Worpel (32), Kelly (37)

IMO the AFL are also set to have more NFL-style draft, giving players and possibly fans a chance to read out picks. They seemed to be trying this on for the AFLW draft.

He did. The Americans are experts at this sort of thing, they also tend to value established talent much higher than draft picks in America sports.
It varies quite a bit, and some of that is reflective of franchise tags.

Certainly if FA compensation remains the same, it will keep player values high for guys who arguably wouldn't go top 40 in a straight draft.

For tv only.
But then again that decides everything now so not surprised.

For list managers too, actually.

Imagine Rogers with this system in place.

Sees Boekhorst (whom he hypothetically rated perhaps 4th best in the draft) dropping, but he's frightened that another team will swoop before 19.

So he calls up, offers 19 and a 2nd round pick to take Boekhorst immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For list managers too, actually.

Imagine Rogers with this system in place.

Sees Boekhorst (whom he hypothetically rated perhaps 4th best in the draft) dropping, but he's frightened that another team will swoop before 19.

So he calls up, offers 19 and a 2nd round pick to take Boekhorst immediately.

It feels good to finally have a competent list manager

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Part of that i think is because the draft age is typically around 21 over there i believe...so you already have a good idea of what the draftee is/will be like.
We are drafting 17/18 year olds...most kids outside the top 10 aren't developed yet and thus aren't as ready for senior footy straight away.

Also for a sport like basketball it's 5 a side...recent top teams only need 2-3 gun players to carry a team to the title so not a bad strategy to 'sell the farm' for a few stars. Wouldn't work in AFL being 18 a side.

We don’t need better we need to try for a lot lot better

Every time we improve our list we become a more competitive football club.

Of course we are trying for a lot better, that’s what picks 3,10,30 and 73 I think are for.

But at the end of the day I would be annoyed if we go in to next season with Graham and White over Hartung, Mullet or Castagna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back