NFL 2017 NFL Schedule

Remove this Banner Ad

With it coming out sometime between now and draft day in less than 3 weeks I thought it was about time to talk about the schedule.

Especially after seeing an article today saying rumours indicate the Pats will open up vs the Chiefs because of the poor game Denver and Carolina spat up this year in a super bowl replay.

To get us started, who do you think the pats will open the season with, who will the Falcons open up their new stadium with, who will be the chargers first game in la be against and will (and if so who) will the raiders play in Vegas as a preseason game.

Patriots home games - Bills, dolphins, Jets, Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers, Texans
Falcons home games - Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers, Packers, Vikings, Bills, Dolphins, Cowboys
Chargers home games - Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Bills, Dolphins, Eagles, Washington, Browns

I think there is a logic behind holding a super bowl replay back to mid season. So I think the Patriots-Chiefs opener makes sense.
Now, Mercedes-Benz Stadium opener, historically, new stadiums get the Sunday night game week 2, so with the NFL using the pats as the big focus week 1, I feel the Falcons will be the focus week 2 with a headline game. If we didn't make playoffs last year I feel it'd be the Saints in a heartbeat, but the story of opening the new one the same way the old one went out makes me think Falcons-Packers in week 2 will open the new stadium.
Now, Chargers. Because it's temporary I think it might get a home game week 1, maybe also in the graveyard slot of the 2nd mnf game with the east coast asleep. So let's go with a game vs the Broncos.
And will the Raiders play a game in Vegas pre-season? I think so, and I'll go with the Rams.

What are you on about lol? Everyone at the time was saying how good that game was
Dirty Bird

I have been entertained :thumbsu:
Pretty great game to start the season
Welcome back FOOTBAW!
Thank god its back!! What a great 1st game. More excited about Seattle v Miami than Roos V Crows!!!
AE season is in the dumps already however this game is why I love NFL.

Another season of Denver winning against all odds again.
******* love this game
What a great first game (unless you're a Panthers fan).
Im surprisingly upbeat. Was a great game, secondary played terrible, Gano choked but the rest were decent enough.
It was a fine game outside of the secondary, but not many teams have DT and Eman, so it will get better.
Great game. Great opener to what can become an amazing season.

Trevor Siemian , I apologise ,you can play. You have what it takes. Just a great battle between two really good teams who have the chance to both go deep in their Divisions.
Great opener to the season although I would've preferred a Panthers win! Benjamin looks like a beast.

I'd be disappointed if it wasn't Falcons @ Pats to kick off

Hmmm
It was the excuse I saw initially
Been looking since and the only excuse is Ron Rivera bitching that his team was mentally weak so they won't have super bowl rematches in week one now, hmm.

Chiefs vs pats is a safe choice....buuuut Pats vs falcons would have the football world excited. Load up the rematch

Falcons 1st home game week 2 vs the packers

Oppurtunity for the falcons to make a statement to the league in the first two games next season.

The chargers home stadium can barely hold a crowd...give them the browns

Eagles have requested that they play both LA teams in back to back weeks. I'm praying that happens and I will definitely fly over to see those two games. Shame LA is a dump but so much easier to get to than Philadelphia.
Here's an alternative
9 days in the states
The weekends - la watch two Philly games as well as some college ball
The weekdays - Vegas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boston Globe reporting Pats will play KC in the NFL kick off game. and Falcons will open the new stadium Week 1 on SNF. not Week 2 like all the other stadiums have opened.

I get the feeling the SNF game will be against the Packers or Cowboys. With a small chance of it being the Saints.

And Also have a feeling the might have the Pats/Falcons rematch SNF on Thanksgiving weekend.

Boston Globe reporting Pats will play KC in the NFL kick off game. and Falcons will open the new stadium Week 1 on SNF. not Week 2 like all the other stadiums have opened.

I get the feeling the SNF game will be against the Packers or Cowboys. With a small chance of it being the Saints.

And Also have a feeling the might have the Pats/Falcons rematch SNF on Thanksgiving weekend.
I'd be content with that

Eagles have requested that they play both LA teams in back to back weeks. I'm praying that happens and I will definitely fly over to see those two games. Shame LA is a dump but so much easier to get to than Philadelphia.

There's Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco all within an hour or so (depending on mode of travel) from LA. I too thought LA was a dump (Downtown LA is a dump for sure) but then I started staying in Santa Monica and was able to check out the cool beaches from Santa Monica through to Venice.

In San Diego you've got the beaches there as well plus San Diego Zoo. Vegas has all the shows and the glitz/glamour. San Francisco is a beautiful city and you can head up to Wine Country as well if that takes your fancy.

Even then you could fly up to Seattle, check out the Space Needle and what not, it's still pretty close to LA.

Lastly, given that there will be a week between games, if the West Coast doesn't appeal to you, you could always fly into LA from Oz on a Friday/Saturday, go to the first game on the Sunday, then spend a week in the Midwest/East Coast etc before making it back to LA for the 2nd game.

There's Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco all within an hour or so (depending on mode of travel) from LA. I too thought LA was a dump (Downtown LA is a dump for sure) but then I started staying in Santa Monica and was able to check out the cool beaches from Santa Monica through to Venice.

In San Diego you've got the beaches there as well plus San Diego Zoo. Vegas has all the shows and the glitz/glamour. San Francisco is a beautiful city and you can head up to Wine Country as well if that takes your fancy.

Even then you could fly up to Seattle, check out the Space Needle and what not, it's still pretty close to LA.

Lastly, given that there will be a week between games, if the West Coast doesn't appeal to you, you could always fly into LA from Oz on a Friday/Saturday, go to the first game on the Sunday, then spend a week in the Midwest/East Coast etc before making it back to LA for the 2nd game.

Didn't even think of Vegas. Haven't been to San Diego yet so it makes a lot of sense. This all hinges on the NFL being kind enough to grant the Eagles these back to back games, I have a feeling they won't. Have they allowed it before?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back