NFL 2017 NFL - Wild Card Weekend

Who wins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't read too much into that week 1 result. The dysfunctional Patriots defence of the first month was a far cry from the recalibrated unit which helped them win 11 of 12 games since then. New England's offence appears to have gone off the boil slightly in recent weeks, but you'd expect B&B to have fixed this in time for the playoffs

Maybe you're right though. KC look good when their blockers give Hunt room to move and give Smith time to find Kelce & Hill downfield. The Patriots don't really have much of a pass rush and mainly rely on their bend but don't break defence to tighten up in the red zone. (I reckon the bookies have NE way under the odds)
Patriots defense is still very poor. Will come down to if they can hit Hill deep and make some explosive plays to help their defense - which is also poor

The matchup still favours NE

Tom Brady in playoffs at foxborough 17-3
Tom Brady vs #1-3 seeds in the super bowl 5-0
Tom Brady vs #4-6 seeds in the super bowl 0-2

So
It's 72% likely the patriots will win the Afc
And they'll lose if theyre vs an NFC south team or win vs anyone else.

So if you hate New England, get on the Atlanta, New Orleans or Carolina band wagoners

Next minnut - New England defeat minnesota making tom Brady the first ever qb to have super bowl wins over all 4 opposition divisions from the other conference.

Has the Bills fan that lives in the US been back yet?

I cant remember his username but he was a suffering Bills fan. Would of loved to read about his reaction to them making it back to the playoffs after so long.

So

So if you hate New England, get on the Atlanta, New Orleans or Carolina band wagoners

Next minnut - New England defeat minnesota making tom Brady the first ever qb to have super bowl wins over all 4 opposition divisions from the other conference.
Belichick & Brady in the playoffs against new opponents: 14-0

Belichick & Brady in the playoffs against opponents already faced that season: 11-9 (2-0 last playoffs)

So

Uh uh. Jeffy's posts have antagonised me so much this season. Under that circumstance, I might even be cheering on the patty cakes...

Having said that, it's a moot hypothetical. Carolina's beating New Orleans.

NFL South s**t fights are so much better when its Saints/Falcons.

Carolina fans just fight as hard. and A11dAtP0w3R has given up on the season

I like to imagine them dabbing after each post with real pride, it makes it much more entertaining.

I like to imagine them dabbing after each post with real pride, it makes it much more entertaining.

Well for Dabbing they deserve this.
rRgTuIQ.gif

Everyone who has ever dabbed deserves heartbreak like that

Funny thing is I don't hate either the Falcons or the Panthers in terms of the players.

Cam is a tossbag but the rest of the team I reckon is pretty easy to like. Same with the Falcons.

The fans though - the reverse is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing is I don't hate either the Falcons or the Panthers in terms of the players.

Cam is a tossbag but the rest of the team I reckon is pretty easy to like. Same with the Falcons.

The fans though - the reverse is true.

Shut up Jerf.

giphy.gif

:p

Last edited:
Packer fans complaining about week divisions is akin to Squeeler fans boasting about making playoffs all the time when they get the Browns and Bengals twice a season........

:rolleyes:

Boasting?? Really?? o_O I'm sure you've heard me more than not, talk up the Browns.. :D:D:D I don't need to talk them down.. just let their results do all the talking instead. But the upside is they've got two picks in the Top 4 in the upcoming draft.. that's gotta be a good thing for the Steelers swarming young D. :p:D

That's a poor reflection on the Falcons/Panthers fans you know personally.
I'm a bit more discerning with the company I keep than to hang out with Falcon fans. :)

Reckon the Chiefs are half a chance in New England the week after.

Teams always seem to fare better against the Pats the 2nd time round. And they already showed what they can do in week 1

I don’t know, Pats at home and something about the Chiefs and Divisional round..0-5 last 20 or so years.

But it’s a crazy year and they have the weapons on offence so you never know.

NFL South s**t fights are so much better when its Saints/Falcons.

Carolina fans just fight as hard. and A11dAtP0w3R has given up on the season
Saints/Falcons feels a lot like Adelaide/port Adelaide

There's pure hatred there.
Well beyond the tame boring vanilla Collingwood/Carlton Dallas/Philadelphia "rivalries" :cool:

Saints/Falcons feels a lot like Adelaide/port Adelaide

There's pure hatred there.
Well beyond the tame boring vanilla Collingwood/Carlton Dallas/Philadelphia "rivalries" :cool:
Adelaide /Port? Bloody third level minor league by comparison. Are you serious? It’s not even in top 5 AFL rivalry

Adelaide /Port? Bloody third level minor league by comparison. Are you serious? It’s not even in top 5 AFL rivalry
The type of people who will tell me one of these Victorian rivalries are better are the type of people who will tell me the NFC north and NFC east rivalries are the best in the NFL.

History and a rivalry from 40 years ago does not mean it's got any vitriol or anything now.

I would be intrigued if we did a bracket of best NFL rivalries similar to how we did a bracket of bestsuper bowls a few years back.

The only one I'd even put in the same breath of New Orleans-Atlanta is Pittsburgh-Baltimore.

Last edited:
Back