Training 2017 - Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of an era for sure, but I have to say that with the announcement of Fyfe as captain, the launch of the cutting edge training facilities, the aggressive and targeted recruitment of recent times, the emergence of a fistful of really exciting players as regular best 22, the drafting of Logue, Darcy, Cox etc; I am seeing the birth of a new era.

Do when are the public going to be able to watch training at Cockburn?

I will be going there Monday to see if I can get in.
It may just be an official position of the council due to the facility not being ready for public use. I can't see why a handful of observers can't watch training from the sidelines, meself.
I will find out soon enough.

Last edited:
It may just be an official position from the council due to the facility not being ready for public use. I can't see why a handful of observers can't watch training from the sidelines, meself.
Please do let's us know whether you can get in . Thanks :thumbsu:

It may just be an official position from the council due to the facility not being ready for public use. I can't see why a handful of observers can't watch training from the sidelines, meself.
You guys should be part of the official move considering you've been hanging out at Freo oval as long as the team has.

You guys should be part of the official move considering you've been hanging out at Freo oval as long as the team has.

I agree and the comment from Steve Rosich, I don't think, was specifically aimed at the training watchers .
I really don't think the club has anything against people going to watch them train and it is hopefully a case of what I suggested; it's an official position of the council as the place isn't officially open for public use.

Last edited:
I agree and the comment from Steve Rosich, I don't think was specifically aimed at the training watchers .
I really don't think the club has anything against people going to watch them train and it is hopefully a case of what I suggested; it's an official position of the council as the place isn't officially open for public use.

People just have to be patient.

I agree and the comment from Steve Rosich, I don't think was specifically aimed at the training watchers .

Lack of shade will mean we will need an umbrella.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Public Facility, doubt they could stop anyone entering. Government paid a fair chunk so no way could turn anyone away. Expect closed training sessions to be held indoor half oval

I feel a little sad that I will no longer have an excuse to go down and hang around the old ground. It always felt a bit surreal to me I could wander in off the street and there is Aaron Sandilands running laps and Mathew Pavlich kicking a footy around on an old suburban oval but as someone who grew up in the late 60's and 70's it felt like a last link to my roots in the WAFL and suburban footy in general.
Time marches on and there is no doubt its all good for the club.
I might have to start taking an interest in South Freo WAFL although to an old Claremont boy that would feel weird.

I feel a little sad that I will no longer have an excuse to go down and hang around the old ground. It always felt a bit surreal to me I could wander in off the street and there is Aaron Sandilands running laps and Mathew Pavlich kicking a footy around on an old suburban oval but as someone who grew up in the late 60's and 70's it felt like a last link to my roots in the WAFL and suburban footy in general.
Time marches on and there is no doubt its all good for the club.
I might have to start taking an interest in South Freo WAFL although to an old Claremont boy that would feel weird.

Claremont Oval will not be ready to play on until early June and at this stage they look like playing 3 home games at Freo Oval so all is not lost for your inner Tiger. One of the better grounds for atmosphere in the WAFL.

So for the JLT team I'm interested how Ross will play this. Do we want to learn how to win again or test the young blokes.

West coast and GWS played mostly kids for game 1 with both coaches saying game 2 will be closer to the round 1 team

So because we had the week off, if Ross goes in with the same mentality he will leave most of the stars out and try the kids. But how will that effect the mindset as a much stronger WC side would probably flog us.

Not that it matters in the Pre season but with so many losses last year I'm interested to see how the club view it

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
So for the JLT team I'm interested how Ross will play this. Do we want to learn how to win again or test the young blokes.

West coast and GWS played mostly kids for game 1 with both coached saying game 2 will be closer to the round 1 team

So because we had the week off, of Ross goes in with the same mentality he will leave most of the stars out and try the kids. But how will that effect the mindset as a much stronger WC side would probably flog us.

Not that it matters in the Pre season but with so many losses last year I'm interested to see how the club view it

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hope ross rest fyfe , to avoid the same Mitchell incident . images.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back