Training 2017 - Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone's interview is up on the Freo website. Still not committing to when Bennell will be joining in the main training group (read not in the next few weeks).

To me it sounded like Bennell will resume at round 4-6 which means he is no show for the AFL until round 8ish.
Minor calf injury my a$$

Cheers, just watched the Stone interview. I took some confidence from it in that he's still tracking to the planned program. I don't mind if it's round 8.

Still keen to hear Salims thoughts as it would be good to get a gauge on the intensity of the rehab training he's doing

Cheers, just watched the Stone interview. I took some confidence from it in that he's still tracking to the planned program. I don't mind if it's round 8.

Still keen to hear Salims thoughts as it would be good to get a gauge on the intensity of the rehab training he's doing

From our limited observations Bennell is doing lots of gym work, lap running, goal to goal running and goal kicking and kick to kick with a trainer. The running sessions are long in duration, he pounds out plenty of laps. One of the watchers who is friendly with Harley asked him how he was travelling and Harley assured he is going great and on track to return early into the season.

You may have dobbed me in Fred!
The Adrian fella came out onto the balcony where I was standing just along from the Video bloke and asked me if I was with the media.I told him I was just a fan and he gave me the same story.Asked me how I'd got in there and said he was on his way over to the joker on the hill in the white wagon, who he reckoned was videoing the session.
Admittedly it was a bit scrappy but also some bloody good cattle running around in a flash paddock.
Surely we can vote someone in as a Big Footy official reporter and they can join in the media scrum / scum

From our limited observations Bennell is doing lots of gym work, lap running, goal to goal running and goal kicking and kick to kick with a trainer. The running sessions are long in duration, he pounds out plenty of laps. One of the watchers who is friendly with Harley asked him how he was travelling and Harley assured he is going great and on track to return early into the season.
Has he been sighted entering the pool area with any weights yet?

I am confident the club has banned Hagdorn.
He was positioning himself in the old grandstand in Freo and he's been sighted up in the carpark at Cockburn.
Both areas which are public access and the club can't actually ban him from.
Joking aside Fred. You could seriously apply for a media pass.
Start up a email address ziffel.media@yahoo.com
Apply at the club, show the club your posts regarding training reports and info relating to how many members and fans your reaching. Ask for a media pass /access and also require at least 1 interview with a player or coach each week.
If i was a gambling man id put money on you getting the pass.

Hate to say it but I agree, we learnt about expectation the hard way with Morabito. Even if he's able to get on the park again eventually that calf will be forever looming over him.

I want that calf under HB rather than hanging over him. He will need it to become the player we hope he can become for Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Salim, all sounds quite positive. How exciting will a midfield setup consisting of Fyfe, Bennell, Neale and the Hill brothers be!

Too much Grey hate around here, where's Bushie.

I'd be temped to give him a run over a bum like Suban at least.

To be fair some posters (I'm not far off being one of them tbh) would rather give any player on our list a game before Suban.

I wouldn't personally but anyone under 195cm I would. So basically anyone on our list who could be any remote chance of playing midfield decently either now or in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back