List Mgmt. 2017 Starting 22 | + Trimming the "fat"

Remove this Banner Ad

With walters and s.hill spending time at mid last season good luck to opposition thinking about tagging only fyfe next season.

Did he get dropped after moving to HB?
No you're right. I'm mistaken. Still, the knock on him has always been his fitness. I think after the initial revelation of his playing down back, he went off the boil a bit as the season went on. Consistency is what will keep him there.

I want to forget about bennell, his calves is killing me slowly.

SPURR -- HAMLING -- LOGUE
CROZIER -- A.PEARCE -- WELLER
HILL -- FYFE -- HILL
BLAKELY -- TABS -- KERSTEN
WALTERS -- APENESS -- MCCARTHY

SANDI -- MUNDY -- NEALE

SHERIDAN -- SUTCLIFFE -- TUCKER -- BALIC

Would in first 22 but;

** BENNELL ? Injury

** JOHNSON & YARRAN ? Court
I would put Tucker on the half back line, Weller half forward and Blakely to the bench rotating with the other inside mids.

SPURR -- HAMLING -- LOGUE
CROZIER -- A.PEARCE -- WELLER
HILL -- FYFE -- HILL
BLAKELY -- TABS -- KERSTEN
WALTERS -- APENESS -- MCCARTHY

SANDI -- MUNDY -- NEALE

SHERIDAN -- SUTCLIFFE -- TUCKER -- BALIC

Would in first 22 but;

** BENNELL ? Injury

** JOHNSON & YARRAN ? Court

Imo...no Sutcliffe, balic, and logue. Sutcliffe will be fighting next season. Balic, logue talented but if we have limited injuries, the more seasoned will get the nod first. Tabs and ape cant be in the same team..if they are kersten will be in the wafl.

As usual dawson will be around, danyleP and ballas. Ross loves them

Imo...no Sutcliffe, balic, and logue. Sutcliffe will be fighting next season. Balic, logue talented but if we have limited injuries, the more seasoned will get the nod first. Tabs and ape cant be in the same team..if they are kersten will be in the wafl.

As usual dawson will be around, danyleP and ballas. Ross loves them
Suban and Ibbotson too.

KPD: Dawson, Hamling, Johnson, Collins, Logue, A.Pearce, Duman

M/S D: Ibbotson, Hughes, Sutcilffe, Spur, Ryan, Croz

Mid: Fyfe, B.Hill, S.Hill, Neale, Blakely, Bennell, Suban, D.Pearce, Mundy

M/S F: Walters, Ballentyne, Yarren

KPF: Strandica, Kersten, McCarthy, Apeness, Tabener

Ruck: Darcy, Sandi, Clarke, Grif

No defined position: Sheridan, Tucker, Cox, Weller, Ubergang, Nyhuis, Grey, Deluca, Balic, Langdon

Going off my list (I hope I haven't forgotten someone) I'd say that there is no big standout weakness. The smallest section is M/S forwards (no pun intended) but it also is the section where most people can rotate into (Weller, Croz, Bennell, ect). So In terms of depth we are looking a lot better. I put the new guys in bold just so you can see the areas we drafted/traded into (not considering grey and deluca as new guys).

Also underlined people likely to be leaving in the next few years (not including some rookies as I am unsure of how exactly good they are).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The love Childs of Ross Lyon are dawson,sheridan,sutcliffe,Suban, D. Pearce. All of which should get less than 5 games this coming season but won't

I hate this love child s**t. It's just another way of whacking the coach, and is pretty much just a reflection of who the posters' whipping boys are.

Dawson is 199cm tall. Only Pearce comes close, and he is better with his second efforts, but still doesn't compare with the golden fist and knowledge of the game - when to leave your man and support your teammate. If he is fit, and Fremantle are still in contention, he will be around the best 22. If Freo has a bad start, he might not play again.
Sheridan and Sutcliffe came second and third in the 3km time trial last week. Sheridan in particular was very verbal with his leadership, getting players to get around the slower runners as they came in. If they get games, it will be because of their efforts in the pre-season and adherence to game plan.

Suban was dropped last season, so there is no love child crap happening there. I think Suban is not the player he thinks he is. I reckon he's an outside runner with a good left foot. I reckon he thinks he is an inside midfielder who can break tackles and be the tough guy, but he's not.

D. Pearce must surely compete with Brad Hill for his position, unless he can reinvent himself. We shall see. It's good that he has competition for that role now.

I hate this love child s**t. It's just another way of whacking the coach, and is pretty much just a reflection of who the posters' whipping boys are.

Dawson is 199cm tall. Only Pearce comes close, and he is better with his second efforts, but still doesn't compare with the golden fist and knowledge of the game - when to leave your man and support your teammate. If he is fit, and Fremantle are still in contention, he will be around the best 22. If Freo has a bad start, he might not play again.
Sheridan and Sutcliffe came second and third in the 3km time trial last week. Sheridan in particular was very verbal with his leadership, getting players to get around the slower runners as they came in. If they get games, it will be because of their efforts in the pre-season and adherence to game plan.

Suban was dropped last season, so there is no love child crap happening there. I think Suban is not the player he thinks he is. I reckon he's an outside runner with a good left foot. I reckon he thinks he is an inside midfielder who can break tackles and be the tough guy, but he's not.

D. Pearce must surely compete with Brad Hill for his position, unless he can reinvent himself. We shall see. It's good that he has competition for that role now.

Every coach has a soft spot for certain players it's not a way of wacking the coach. Ross Lyon is a awesome coach. I just want the team looking to the future. Those guys won't win us a premiership.

Every coach has a soft spot for certain players it's not a way of wacking the coach. Ross Lyon is a awesome coach. I just want the team looking to the future. Those guys won't win us a premiership.
I get what you mean , but constantly putting their name up during off season is not good at all for them. You can critic them on onfield performance or lyon selection during next season nab cup . The season not yet start

I think Suban is not the player he thinks he is. I reckon he's an outside runner with a good left foot. I reckon he thinks he is an inside midfielder who can break tackles and be the tough guy, but he's not.
I don't think Ross would entertain any of Nick's fantasies and he would do just as he was told at the risk of driving to Rushton more regularly.
On another subject Sutty has definitely spent some productive time in the gym and whacked quite a few kilos onto his frame.Looks a much more powerful athlete.

So you're saying certain players get a game not because they have abilities to assist in a game plan, follow team rules, are fit and ready to play but because the coach looks on them as his love children. A coach's future relies on winning games and winning a game of football normally depends on playing the best cattle available. I find it hard to follow why any coach would jeopardise his future in the game by not playing the best available.

So you're saying certain players get a game not because they have abilities to assist in a game plan, follow team rules, are fit and ready to play but because the coach looks on them as his love children. A coach's future relies on winning games and winning a game of football normally depends on playing the best cattle available. I find it hard to follow why any coach would jeopardise his future in the game by not playing the best available.
You are taking his comment out of point . What he is trying to said is if eg suban or d.pearce offer just a slightly better performance on field is better to play younger player to learn from playing experience.

Sutty has been dropped whenever he's deserved it. Miles off imo.
Should of been dropped after the pies game and wasn't.
if they assisted in game plan,followed team rules, are fit and ready to play then pretty much the whole list should be out there.

You are taking his comment out of point . What he is trying to said is if eg suban or d.pearce offer just a slightly better performance on field is better to play younger player to learn from playing experience.

No ,he said Ross has a group that he plays favourites because they are as he put it ,his love child. Thats his opinion and fair enough but I was asking the question why would any coach do that and jeopardise his future. Just saying, thats all.

I think Sube's contract was all that kept him on our list and the recruiting strategy is not only for a different style of game but also deliberately attempting to lift the ability and contribution of the bottom 4-6 of the 22.
Pretty obvious but I reckon Subes is on thin ice (for a love child:p.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back