List Mgmt. 2018-19 DFA & SSP Period (Midseason Draft after Round 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheridan could be worth a look

he doesn't look fashionable but Tim Sheridan is definitely worth closer inspection as he has good pace good skills and although skinny might match up on those clever small forwards with pace that Carlton has lacked recently.>> also has good run to play Wing with outside pace?

Sheridan, 24... first rounder when drafted... SOS loves his first rounders.

The difference between Sheridan and the other guys SOS has brought in is the ones we’ve brought across hadn’t had much opportunity due to injury or a stack of depth at their previous clubs.

Sheridan has been gifted games, and trialled in a number of positions to no real effect. He’s got great endurance, but he’s far too skinny to play on the inside (where he played at TAC level) and doesn’t have the nous to play as a flanker. His pace is reasonable, but he’s not super quick. He also drastically overthinks things at times. (See the 2015 prelim. Soul crushing)

He’s arguably worse than Kerridge for where we would want to use him.

I find it interesting that there's so many players still uncontracted. I imagine it must be very stressful for the players involved. I'm not sure why the AFLPA allow it to drag on like this.
It's a pretty simple paradigm shift for the players.

Now their agents just keep fielding multiple offers all year round, and players know they're fairly safe when there's at least 3 clubs interested.

I find it interesting that there's so many players still uncontracted. I imagine it must be very stressful for the players involved. I'm not sure why the AFLPA allow it to drag on like this.

Feel its the by product of the free agency push. Clubs now making players sweat etc.

Sports can be really petty like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would avoid anyone from the Cats or the Hawks. They're well run clubs who tend to get the best out of their players. If they don't make it there's usually a very good reason.
Gregson was injured alot at Geelong. I'd still have a look at him.

Another mid sized forward? Don’t think we need this even if he does seem to work hard
Free depth, could push fasolo out at a 2nd club lol.

But in all seriousness you don't knock back a player who averaged 2 goals a game in his first year who would cost us nothing draft pick wise and less than 400k a year. Also meets are age targets.

Sheridan, 24... first rounder when drafted... SOS loves his first rounders.
Do not touch Sheridan .
From the Dockers, I'd think about Grey. Has a bit of mongrel about him, although disposal is a bit iffy. Sutcliffe is OK but wouldn't add anything.
Of the Eagles players, Partington maybe

Why did Eagles cut Partington? I always thought he showed promise. 25 disposals and 1 goal a game at WAFL this year, tackles too. Still only 21.

Does he butcher the ball, is he a head case? What am I missing, does anyone know?
Apparently he's the only players on their list who never made it into a squad this year.

Obviously someone didn't rate him.

Why did Eagles cut Partington? I always thought he showed promise. 25 disposals and 1 goal a game at WAFL this year, tackles too. Still only 21.

Does he butcher the ball, is he a head case? What am I missing, does anyone know?

Yeah I liked Partington in his draft year, im not sure what the knock on him was or is?

Another mid sized forward? Don’t think we need this even if he does seem to work hard

Think he started down back as well, and was used forward due to Collingwood's lack of fit options.

Probably puts a bit of pressure on a few guys - Fasolo, Silvagni, Plowman.

Seem to recall his manager saying they weren't far off a two-year deal, might have been late in trade week? May be as simple as him being on holiday and the contract will be signed when he gets back?

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/sites/WestCoastEagles/news/2018-10-22/2018-list-changes

Forward Malcolm Karpany, selected with pick No. 31 in the 2013 National Draft, and midfielder Luke Partington, selection No. 28 in the 2015 ballot, are among those who have not been offered a new contract.
They played seven and six senior games respectively, but could not squeeze into the senior line-up at any stage during the 2018 campaign.

Also delisted are rookies Tarir Bayok, Ryan Burrows, Callan England and Tony Olango.
I guess the Eagles are using all 5 picks? Ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back