List Mgmt. 2018-19 DFA & SSP Period (Midseason Draft after Round 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d take Gibbons then leave the other spot open for the mid season draft.

There’s usually a player who is uncovered at state level every year and being able to pick them up before the draft would be very smart.

Someone like Issac Smith who was playing country footy then came down to VFL level and then got drafted.

We don't have a free hit to that mid season draft though, nor is it guaranteed that we will be in the bottom 2 come mid season, despite what opposition or our own supporters think

I'm rooting for Gibbons, I feel for these short slow blokes that put in everything and dominate at every level but don't get picked for factors out of their control.

That's why HBF and Ferris are here ... charity.

Gibbons looks like an ordinary kick from his highlights. Disposal wasn’t great. Also wasn’t winning much contested ball. From looking at just a few highlights lm not feeling very enthused about selecting him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listening to Agresta, it almost sounds as though we were tossing up between Cottrell and Finbar.

May have really rated the kid but decided to prioritise a utility given our first two picks were midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbons the next Kane Lambert?
Very well might be. Like Lambert, Gibbons is definitely a footballer first & foremost. He gets to plenty of contests (as his VFL stats suggest) & what he is very good at is reading the ball off the palm of a ruckman's hands.

Also similar to Lambert, Gibbons is very handy around the goals. This again coming from his ability to read the drop of the ball.

What you will get from Gibbons, which was/is always the case with Lambert at VFL/AFL level, is unconditional effort. If we were to add him to our list, he would almost certainly play AFL footy in 2019.

thought both sets of highlights were underwhelming - doesn't help that lower tier games get worserer camera coverage.......
I agree, I've looked at Gibbons highlights package, as well as other highlights packages of his on youtube vs Footscray and Werribee. Was expecting something more impressive tbh, but I guess for a player to have achieved the honors he has in the VFL over the past few years, it may not be a true reflection.

Sammy Fisher's highlights package on the NB's website look far more impressive to me....which is why I'm a little disappointed he probably will be overlooked. Looked really good at the open training session last month as well buddied up with Crippa.

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=6814

I agree, I've looked at Gibbons highlights package, as well as other highlights packages of his on youtube vs Footscray and Werribee. Was expecting something more impressive tbh, but I guess for a player to have achieved the honors he has in the VFL over the past few years, it may not be a true reflection.

Sammy Fisher's highlights package on the NB's website look far more impressive to me....which is why I'm a little disappointed he probably will be overlooked. Looked really good at the open training session last month as well buddied up with Crippa.

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=6814
Hoping that Fisher and Blakey are still in the mix. Guessing they can't train with the main list indefinitely. Simply good business
to try before you buy if the opportunity exists.

Rated Fisher in his draft year. Rapt when signed by Northern Blues, and he didn't disappoint. At top level projects to me as a pressure forward
who can hit the scoreboard and give a very solid chop out in the midfield. Tackling machine too.

Gibbons has the score on the board, and can't begrudge him getting a chance, after all we overlooked Lambert when he was under our nose.
Cottrell clearly a diamond in the rough, who has impressed someone in our recruiting team.

Yes I have discounted Palmer from NB, both on a needs basis and the fact that we drafted Fin O'Dwyer who would be similar (if he stops growing).

Hard to see Gibbons given a notable audition without a big chance of a gig, would be a huge kick in the guts. I am still backing in Fisher for a
spot, largely because I am not convinced on the merits of our incumbent pressure forward players, as much as rating him.

Mr FishGibbons please, (sorry but if everyone else can post nonsense.....have to make Fin O'Dwyer feel more at home)

Bear in mind Nick Graham would have won two Listons if he was a full-time VFL player.

thought both sets of highlights were underwhelming - doesn't help that lower tier games get worserer camera coverage.......
I used this argument at the Traffic Camera Office. Pretty sure I convinced them, but the paper-work keeps coming. Must be a bureaucratic hiccup somewhere.

If we are looking at adding 2 players I'd add Gibbons & Cottrell. At the moment both would be depth. They would really help our reserves and IMO for us to develop quicker and better a strong Northern Blues side is vital. Given that Blakey & Fisher are already on the NB's list it only makes us better.

Have a good run with injuries the NB's are going to put out a very good side each week.

Although personally I'd add Blakey :)

If we are looking at adding 2 players I'd add Gibbons & Cottrell. At the moment both would be depth. They would really help our reserves and IMO for us to develop quicker and better a strong Northern Blues side is vital. Given that Blakey & Fisher are already on the NB's list it only makes us better.

Have a good run with injuries the NB's are going to put out a very good side each week.

Although personally I'd add Blakey :)
Yeah, I get the train of thought that we have Fisher, Blakey and Palmer already, and would be looking at an extremely strong NB side
if we added a couple more quality players to the mix. Fair to say a VFL flag would do wonders for morale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back