2018 Club Membership (2018 AFL Audit numbers now in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

3rd year in a row the club goes to Christmas with over 50k

446607_933a97a92e21ad87bc748cdb4d50636c.png

Could it be argued it's not really a big deal then?
Who cares if its a big deal or not. Its now become a locked in thing despite on field performances. Its only 5 years ago that we didn't have much more than 20k at Christmas. Edit Barely 15k at Christmas 2011 and 2012. Then Adelaide Oval effect and the 33k by Christmas 2013 and 43k Christmas 2014.

Last edited:
Could it be argued it's not really a big deal then?
Its absolutely a big deal when this time only 5 years ago people were having legitimate discussions about the viability and marketability of us in the AFL. The Adelaide oval move did some amazing things for us.

Just saw an article on afl.com.au stating most clubs membership numbers as of now for 2018.

Our current tally is -

2017 TALLY: 81,062

CURRENT TALLY: 72,096

We are leading the AFL at the moment. About 4000 ahead of Richmond (both WA clubs didn' give figures due to It is Stadium and Collingwood didn't give figures.

So a brilliant renewal rate with a lot of growth to come (surely shout be able to crack 90,000 total member's for 2018).

Also the total figure for 2017 of over 81,000 would have topped the AFL too.

As I'm on my phone can the wookie or someone else post the article?

I agree, but the AFC have a lot of members under the $50.00 limit that the AFL says they don't count. We have a lot of General Admission children's members that cost $30 & give you access to 3 games at Adelaide Oval. (& priority to purchase reserved seats)

I have a reserved seat with my dad in the Eastern stand but my daughter cannot get a seat next to us. So for 3 games last season I purchased a seat a row behind (at a discounted members rate) us so Bethany could come to the games with me, so overall i spent $120.00 for the season but the AFL don't count these??

For Adelaide Crows games, General Admission areas only include the Hill or the very top rows of the Riverbank stand.

Could this be the year that total membership breaks through the magical 1 million barrier??

Richmond could have an extra 20k, surely the other 17 clubs can pull in an extra 70k between them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw an article on afl.com.au stating most clubs membership numbers as of now for 2018.

Our current tally is -

2017 TALLY: 81,062

CURRENT TALLY: 72,096

We are leading the AFL at the moment. About 4000 ahead of Richmond (both WA clubs didn' give figures due to It is Stadium and Collingwood didn't give figures.

So a brilliant renewal rate with a lot of growth to come (surely shout be able to crack 90,000 total member's for 2018).

Also the total figure for 2017 of over 81,000 would have topped the AFL too.

As I'm on my phone can the wookie or someone else post the article?
Not leading the AFL, a lot of your memberships don’t count (see 2017 audit)

Adelaide has a s**t load of e-members who pay nothing but get some limited benefits. In 2016 it was about 10k and looks like it was close to 20k in 2017. They introduced it in 2015 and got about 7k members. This was the 2015 application page.
https://web.archive.org/web/2015062...com.au/browse-memberships-2/ecrow-signup-form

Good luck to them they have just about sold out all the seats possible they are allowed to sell at AO as their reserved seats members so they wont canabalise their paying 11 game reserved seat membership by offering free memberships. Other clubs will follow as they sell out their stadiums. WCE and Freo will probably be the next to offer e-memberships as they fill out Perth Stadium.

Adelaide has a s**t load of e-members who pay nothing but get some limited benefits. In 2016 it was about 10k and looks like it was close to 20k in 2017. They introduced it in 2015 and got about 7k members. This was the 2015 application page.
https://web.archive.org/web/2015062...com.au/browse-memberships-2/ecrow-signup-form

Good luck to them they have just about sold out all the seats possible they are allowed to sell at AO as their reserved seats members so they wont canabalise their paying 11 game reserved seat membership by offering free memberships. Other clubs will follow as they sell out their stadiums. WCE and Freo will probably be the next to offer e-memberships as they fill out Perth Stadium.
lol Seriously why do they add that to their tally ? How shifty

lol Seriously why do they add that to their tally ? How shifty
Marketing BS reasons. They want to say they are bigger than Port in the SA market and one of the biggest clubs in Oz. They introduced it after Port beat them in 2014 memberships because when we moved to AO we used to have 7,000 seats as GA 11 game memberships that we oversell - like the MCC members reserves only holds 22k but they sell 100k memberships and AFL members reserve is 23k but they oversell it with 56k members - and the crows only sell about 500 seats as GA 11 game memberships. In 2018 memberships Port's 7,000 GA membership seats have been reduced to 5,000 as 2,000 were transferred to reserved seat memberships.

And of course the local media lap it up - the crows have 73,000 paid up members you hear the media in SA say. yeah if 13,000 memberships are free, I guess technically they are paid up, but .......

In the end if they raise $30 from 20,000 people, its still $600,000 more than they would have had otherwise.
But they dont raise anything from the free membership. they might from discounted merchandise sales that those members might take up using their - 10% discount at CROWmania.

Marketing BS reasons. They want to say they are bigger than Port in the SA market and one of the biggest clubs in Oz. They introduced it after Port beat them in 2014 memberships because when we moved to AO we used to have 7,000 seats as GA 11 game memberships that we oversell - like the MCC members reserves only holds 22k but they sell 100k memberships and AFL members reserve is 23k but they oversell it with 56k members - and the crows only sell about 500 seats as GA 11 game memberships. In 2018 memberships Port's 7,000 GA membership seats have been reduced to 5,000 as 2,000 were transferred to reserved seat memberships.

And of course the local media lap it up - the crows have 73,000 paid up members you hear the media in SA say. yeah if 13,000 memberships are free, I guess technically they are paid up, but .......
Richmond should do it now to get 100k :p

Yeah Adelaide are just exploiting the bs that comes hand in hand with the membership tallies. Every club does it to an extent, adelaide are just pushing that envelope even further
Are SANFL members still counted by both clubs or has this changed since moving from FP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back