2018 Club Membership (2018 AFL Audit numbers now in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

I've worked it out, the 56,000 is the final audit from last year, the 81,000 is every crows member boosted by interstate, o/s, pet and a free members.

So..you have no official source, you're counting pets, and you're counting free members.

FAKE NEWS.

So..you have no official source, you're counting pets, and you're counting free members.

FAKE NEWS.

If i had of known that, i wouldn't of gone with it, the AFL article said 81,00- but i'm happy to correct things now i know, i'm only human make mistakes but i don't think you care what i think and that's fine. have a good day

FAKE NEWS.

Hes right on this one (partly)

Its not pet memberships they are counting, but their fly as one online membership. It costs nothing, gets you on their mailing list, gives you news updates, and give you 10% off at the crows store

s**t easy to sign up for, port fans registered as Jake Lever.

Afl dont include it in their numbers because it fails two criteria (less than $50, no membership pack)

People ask why crows include them in their numbers. When rfcs junior membership were not included (they get in for free so we saved coin by not having them as a attendance membership), our explanation was the club didnt think it should exclude anyone from its own numbers who is prepared to support the club with their hard earned.

Given the crows one is free, and "jake lever" is a member, im not sure how you consider them.committed supporters. If it was $5, it would be different for me, at least youre giving something

FAKE NEWS.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-29/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive
SLOGAN: 'We Fly As One'

2017 TALLY: 81,062

CURRENT TALLY: 72,096

ONLINE HUB: 19thman.com.au

REASONS TO BUY: After the heartbreak of this year's Grand Final loss to Richmond, the Crows will be desperate to go one step better and claim the club's first premiership since 1998. The Crows have bolstered their line-up with the addition of Carlton star Bryce Gibbs. The South Australian product returns to his home state eager to take the Crows to the promised land. He joins a midfield featuring Rory Sloane and the Crouch brothers, Matt and Brad. And you can't mention the Crows without talking about mercurial forward Eddie Betts. He's worth the price of admission alone with his remarkable goals. - Lee Gaskin

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-29/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

2 Crows website 14 June 2017 Rd 12 say numbers are 72,930 beating previous
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-06-14/crows-soar-to-membership-milestone

The Adelaide Football Club has signed more than 70,000 members for the first time in its 27-year history.

The Club’s current total of 72,930 members, achieved 12 rounds into the 2017 season, caps off three successive years of strong membership growth and surpasses the 2016 record of 67,874.

Importantly, the number of 11-game members who have access to every Crows home game at Adelaide Oval is once again among the industry’s best and the Club’s membership renewal rates are also market leading. The figure is expected to continue to grow, with the Club hosting a further five matches at Adelaide Oval as well as travelling to Melbourne three times before the end of the season. The Club still has 3-game Bronze membership packages available as well as Victorian General Admission memberships. For more information visit 19thman.com.au.
Crows membership numbers
2014 - 54,343
2015 - 63,038
2016 - 67,874
2017 - (at completion of Round 12) – 72,930

3. Cliche copied.

SLOGAN: 'We Fly As One'

2017 TALLY: 81,062

CURRENT TALLY: 72,096

ONLINE HUB: 19thman.com.au
Crows membership numbers
2014 - 54,343
2015 - 63,038
2016 - 67,874
2017 - (at completion of Round 12) – 72,930

3. Cliche copied.

The real Adelaide figures are here! AFL website and Herald Sun.
Crows have never had 80K let alone 70K

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-16/afl-club-membership-tally-hits-new-high

Herald Sun;
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r/news-story/65f26c30edb7aa13d876e6a0ca10ada5

Last edited:
Have you actually read this thread?? Club figures and AFL audited figures have been two different things for years.

No s**t sherlock, if thats the case why would u include irrelevant reports if its going to be cut down anyway by AFL auditing lolll, furthermore if u took the time to read last few pages its awash with inconsistencies in peoples thoughts of what the crows figure is (ohh wait you have been part of those discussions :rolleyes:) hence my reply.

Last edited:
No s**t sherlock, if thats the case why would u include irrelevant reports if its going to be cut down anyway by AFL auditing lolll, furthermore if u took the time to read last few pages its awash with inconsistencies in peoples thoughts of what the crows figure is (ohh wait you have been part of those discussions :rolleyes:) hence my reply.
Someone said 82k and current 71k is fake. Its not fake to the club. That's the way they count them. The fact the AFL count differently is irrelevant until August. There's a difference and all numbers reported will be different to the audited figures in August. If that's fake news, then every figure put in this thread until August is fake news.

Someone said 82k and current 71k is fake. Its not fake to the club. That's the way they count them. The fact the AFL count differently is irrelevant until August. There's a difference and all numbers reported will be different to the audited figures in August. If that's fake news, then every figure put in this thread until August is fake news.

How could crows even think its real when it doesn't meet AFL criteria 'min $50 and have to send our membership pack' year after year the AFL cut down their figures, surely by now the penny has to drop that the figures they are reporting are not correct by the eyes of the governing body (AFL).

Not entirely true most if not all numbers reported are close to the figure after the AFL audit bar crows who's tally is cut down by a massive 20,000+

How could crows even think its real when it doesn't meet AFL criteria 'min $50 and have to send our membership pack' year after year the AFL cut down their figures, surely by now the penny has to drop that the figures they are reporting are not correct by the eyes of the governing body (AFL).

Not entirely true most if not all numbers reported are close to the figure after the AFL audit bar crows who's tally is cut down by a massive 20,000+
Can the crows go to a sponsor/potential sponsor and say we have 82,000 members and if you become a sponsor you can directly market yourself to those 82,000 people?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what respect is the number of members relevant, dollars are the real measure as reflected by boom in 3 game style memberships.

Can the crows go to a sponsor/potential sponsor and say we have 82,000 members and if you become a sponsor you can directly market yourself to those 82,000 people?

In terms of marketing sure they can do that I didn’t say they couldn’t but that’s not the debate at hand, legitimacy in numbers to the AFL is and they don’t meet it...Anyway, let’s leave it there going around circles!

In what respect is the number of members relevant, dollars are the real measure as reflected by boom in 3 game style memberships.

Well now uve gone on to another tangem which no matter how you cut and dice it they are legitimate...

Excuse me are u saying 3 game memberships are not relevant...
I’m a full member pay almost $700 go to all games but 3 game memberships to those who buy it are relevant too (don’t be so dismissive) as they might be interstate members, country members and those who work weekends and can only make it to a few games a year but still support the club with almost $100 in payment..

Others could buy a 3 gamer due to financial constraints but still want to support the club in someway....

In Perth 3 Game memberships would be almost non-existent when u have 2 teams and demand far out ways the number of seats available so a 11 game membership would easily be sold to the masses...

I'd say sponsors would look at financial commitment and membership revenue over just numbers.
No they wouldn't. What would membership revenue mean to a potential sponsor. They would have a decent understanding of the demographics of a a club. You are thinking like a footy fan not a marketing executive. Sales is what they are most interested in.

They want access to people who they can market to with the basic hook line of we are supporting your club, we are offering you this deal, and if you buy from us we can justify supporting your club and we will support your club more into the future, which means they can spend more on footy to try and win a flag.

Well now uve gone on to another tangem which no matter how you cut and dice it they are legitimate...

Excuse me are u saying 3 game memberships are not relevant...
I’m a full member pay almost $700 go to all games but 3 game memberships to those who buy it are relevant too (don’t be so dismissive) as they might be interstate members, country members and those who work weekends and can only make it to a few games a year but still support the club with almost $100 in payment..

Others could buy a 3 gamer due to financial constraints but still want to support the club in someway....

In Perth 3 Game memberships would be almost non-existent when u have 2 teams and demand far out ways the number of seats available so a 11 game membership would easily be sold to the masses...

What is relevant are the $s IMHO as I have said often when the #s P155ing comp gets a run. Lots of dynamics that differ between the clubs.

That the new stadium in Perth changes the dynamics in WA will be interesting to follow, with allocation (Eagles) of 2018 reserved seating under way, & the 3/5 option due for allocation in Feb. Will the 11 game seated members take the opportunity to give up their seat to those on the waiting list & save a buck?

Last edited:
I'd say sponsors would look at financial commitment and membership revenue over just numbers.
Got to disagree.

Their only interest is in how many people will be able to view their sponsorship.
Raw numbers provide this. As does television ratings.

3 game or all season wouldnt make a difference

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If these crows digital members have provided an email address that can be used for marketing then those numbers are of some value to sponsors as its an indication of reach.

Adelaide can sell themselves as having xxx amount of engaged people that they can market to about their sponsors.

From that perspective $$$, game day access all that sort of stuff is irrelevant.

Now where that stuff is relevant is for sponsors having greater access to those members, higher engagement meaning their sponsorship of the club is more likely to gain traction among the members.

What is relevant are the $s IMHO as I have said often when the #s P155ing comp gets a run. Lots of dynamics that differ between the clubs.

That the new stadium in Perth changes the dynamics in WA will be interesting to follow, with allocation (Eagles) of 2018 reserved seating under way, & the 3/5 option due for allocation in Feb. Will the 11 game seated members take the opportunity to give up their seat to those on the waiting list & save a buck?

I think with the novelty factor I couldn’t see them giving up their seats but who knows down the track. Guess it all depends if they’re still able to get a decent general admission seat and well like u said save a buck but knowing they can still get a seat in the new 60,000 seat stadium.

No they wouldn't. What would membership revenue mean to a potential sponsor. They would have a decent understanding of the demographics of a a club. You are thinking like a footy fan not a marketing executive. Sales is what they are most interested in.

They want access to people who they can market to with the basic hook line of we are supporting your club, we are offering you this deal, and if you buy from us we can justify supporting your club and we will support your club more into the future, which means they can spend more on footy to try and win a flag.
If a person isn't paying any money to support said club, what would make those supporters go out of their way to care about the product of the sponsor?

Those who financially support the club are also more financially willing to support the sponsor.

I'm not saying that it will affect their ability to attract sponsors. Will the sponsorship be worth as much as actually having 82K paid up members? Compare Richmond and Adelaide. What would make Adelaide a more attractive team to sponsor than Richmond when Richmond have:

1. More paid up members
2. More passionate supporters
3. More attendees?

Sure Adelaide might look more of an attractive partnership than say a North, Carlton or Fremantle, but it wouldn't be more attractive than a Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon or West Coast, even if they make it look like they have more members than them. That's because those clubs have more supporters financially contributing to the club than Adelaide do. It's also why those clubs generally get the lucrative sponsorship deals.

Last edited:
Got to disagree.

Their only interest is in how many people will be able to view their sponsorship.
Raw numbers provide this. As does television ratings.

3 game or all season wouldnt make a difference

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
We're not talking about the type of membership here. 3 gamers or 11 gamers are both paid up members that financially contribute to the club. I'm talking about Adelaide's current membership numbers that include many non-paid up members.

Regardless, we can all agree that membership numbers are definitely not the only reason a sponsor is going to be attracted to a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back