List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How many guys do you genuinely think will be off our list next year?
I’d say these guys are locks
Tom Campbell
Mitch Honeychurch
Dale Morris

These guys are free agents, maybe one goes
Dahlhaus
Liberatore
Roughead
Wallis

If these guys produce the same as 2017 they will be in trouble
Clay Smith
Tory Dickson
Kieran Collins

So possibly 4-5

Doubt they will go early on Collins but who knows. Same with Roughead, if English kicks on, Boyd plays well and Trengove provides good ruck back up he might be in trouble

Lots of variables, but I see us making more than the 3 minimum picks

Tom Campbell
Mitch Honeychurch
Dale Morris

Dahlhaus
Liberatore
Roughead
Wallis

Clay Smith
Tory Dickson
Kieran Collins

So possibly 4-5

Doubt they will go early on Collins but who knows. Same with Roughead, if English kicks on, Boyd plays well and Trengove provides good ruck back up he might be in trouble

And outside of Morris, anyone we lose is likely to be via trade therefore we get picks for them. May not be a second round pick but I don't think we are in a spot where we should be stressing too much just yet. And if one of those four free agents goes, then our compo pick will be at least a second round pick.

And outside of Morris, anyone we lose is likely to be via trade therefore we get picks for them. May not be a second round pick but I don't think we are in a spot where we should be stressing too much just yet. And if one of those four free agents goes, then our compo pick will be at least a second round pick.
Possibly. Still a lot to play out although not sure anyone will give anything for Honeychurch or Campbell if they can pick them up for free.

We do have Freos 4th round, hopefully can use that to help get in the 2nd

does not having pick 36 really matter though?

I believe the biggest concern is going into points debut for 2019 if we can't pick up picks for the 2018 draft. Best case scenario is West is rated as a second or third round pick so we can easily afford him while if both are rated as first rounders then we are boned.

I believe the biggest concern is going into points debut for 2019 if we can't pick up picks for the 2018 draft. Best case scenario is West is rated as a second or third round pick so we can easily afford him while if both are rated as first rounders then we are boned.
If they're both rated as first rounders, we get another two first round talents for a first and a downgrade of our 3rd and next first. Not the end of the world.

It'll certainly be close. We should be okay as long as one or both don't rocket into top 10-15 contention. Hypothetically if West and Khamis were to be selected at picks 19 and 20 then we would need 1,488 points (after discount) to acquire both. If we were to finish 4th and Fremantle 12th, then as it stands we would have 1,555 points through our 1st, 3rd and 4th rounders as well as Freo's 4th. Obviously we have no idea where we will finish and what picks these players will be bid on at.

Tom Campbell
Mitch Honeychurch
Dale Morris

Dahlhaus
Liberatore
Roughead
Wallis

Clay Smith
Tory Dickson
Kieran Collins

So possibly 4-5

Roughead is as safe as houses to be at the dogs long term, there is a fair reason he is in the leadership group, he won’t be or look at moving on in 2019.

Tom Campbell
Mitch Honeychurch
Dale Morris

Dahlhaus
Liberatore
Roughead
Wallis

Clay Smith
Tory Dickson
Kieran Collins

So possibly 4-5

Roughead is in no trouble whatsoever

It'll certainly be close. We should be okay as long as one or both don't rocket into top 10-15 contention. Hypothetically if West and Khamis were to be selected at picks 19 and 20 then we would need 1,488 points (after discount) to acquire both. If we were to finish 4th and Fremantle 12th, then as it stands we would have 1,555 points through our 1st, 3rd and 4th rounders as well as Freo's 4th. Obviously we have no idea where we will finish and what picks these players will be bid on at.
But in that situation we would use our first rounder on another player then take West and Khamis.
At the moment it doesn't seem like they'll get bids that high anyway but a year is a long time :p
We can always try to trade future picks for current picks next year if we need.

Roughead is in no trouble whatsoever

Agreed. Named as part of the leadership group and the club (and probably more importantly, Bevo) loves him.

Does anyone have vision of Lukosius or West available???

But in that situation we would use our first rounder on another player then take West and Khamis.
At the moment it doesn't seem like they'll get bids that high anyway but a year is a long time :p
We can always try to trade future picks for current picks next year if we need.
Teams would only trade pick for pick if it was in their favour, would prefer just to go into deficit, rather than actually lose assets in a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams would only trade pick for pick if it was in their favour, would prefer just to go into deficit, rather than actually lose assets in a trade.
I agree that other clubs would only trade if they got an advantage but if we go into deficit it could affect our first rounder so we may be able to trade a second for a couple of thirds that get the job done. Any way it's pretty pointless speculation at this stage :)

How does the deficit thing work? Can we carry over a deficit to a future year's draft? If so what are the limits and conditions on that?

Think English could be ready for season 2019. If Rough is a free agent this year, i can see him exploring options, especially if he isn’t getting games. If we’re giving Schache games, Boyd will ruck. Trengove can pinch hit.

I reckon rough would fit the Hawks really well. Maybe give them what they got with Hale and what they hoped for with Vickery but didn’t get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back