List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be the entire first round on the Thursday, not just the top 10 in my opinion. Liking the live trading of picks though
It is the entire first round on the Thursday.

From the afl.com.au article:

NAB AFL Draft
First Round: Evening Thursday, November 22 (time to be confirmed)
Second Round to completion: Friday, November 23 (time to be confirmed)

NAB AFL Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Evening Friday, November 23 (time to be confirmed)

That goes straight to BRBW's point though, even that man who shall not be named tipped us off to Marcus Adams wanting to go back to WA and you guys all laid into him about it only for it to become public a week or two later.

Also 1 whole month before before the Talia incident leaked he made this post:

This was weeks before it was even mentioned anywhere else.

So just as BRBW say's you never know who could randomly come across some legit info.

We have a bad habit of shouting down any inside info which we don't like the sound of. Like that time a bunch of posters shouted down Fronks info of JJ wanting to go home to WA, only for it to come out in the media a couple of weeks later.

The proposing strange trades & similar.... is perhaps/ to cover his identity?

Is he getable? Salary and pick wise? Think late first is maybe too much?

No idea if he’s gettable. Guessing so, and a late first is probably around the mark.

I’m not advocating we go for him. I just think he’s highly talented and entering his prime. He’s strong overhead, can find the ball, and his field kicking is excellent.

I think he’ll straighten up in front of goal at some stage as well.

To be honest, no.

Rozee had no production at the champs, just showed glimpses of a very high ceiling. Billings dominated his u18 year.
Rozee is playing SANFL against men and has had a few very good games, Billings' form against adults was unknown.

Billing was a top 3 lock for the second half of the year, Rozee was a top ten chance that has slightly risen in estimations due to his post-champs form at SANFL level and his defensive efforts are very good for a kid so talented.

I'd be more than comfortable with Rozee at pick 6. Or Smith. Or Hately. Even an early bid on Blakey if we thought the Swans would think twice at a pick 6 bid for him (unlikely).
I'd bid on Blakey at 5 if we had it. Swans will match any bid for him. Rozee at 6 for me is worst case scenario (he's my 6th favourite). Would happily take him there though.

Id consider trading adams back to WA if the price was right. He wouldnt mind, so it could be a win-win. Might in fact be better for his injuries if he wasnt playing on the hard surface regularly, heavy bloke.

Young is similar in terms of strengths and weaknesses, would go straight into the same role.

Would pay for the majority of West's points, you would think.

I'd bid on Blakey at 5 if we had it. Swans will match any bid for him. Rozee at 6 for me is worst case scenario (he's my 6th favourite). Would happily take him there though.

Knowing Bevos nature, I wouldn't be surprised if a bid on Blakey comes in at 5 as a parting gift to Dalrymple :D.

Just out of interest, who are your first five?

Knowing Bevos nature, I wouldn't be surprised if a bid on Blakey comes in at 5 as a parting gift to Dalrymple :D.
Blakey is 195cm and can play midfield, is quick for his height and can use the ball well and he's quality forward. In an open draft I'd be more than happy if he was available at 5, it's legitimately his range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My money is on Gold doesn't match the offer for Lynch and get pick 3 and take both King bros
Really? I’d be shocked if they did that. Gold Coast need players that can impact next year. I would have thought they take Lukosius and Rankine or even smith. if Carlton go Walsh at 1. Players who can play next year. King twins will take time. Don’t think the suns have that luxury of giving them both a couple of years to get ready

Really? I’d be shocked if they did that. Gold Coast need players that can impact next year. I would have thought they take Lukosius and Rankine or even smith. if Carlton go Walsh at 1. Players who can play next year. King twins will take time. Don’t think the suns have that luxury of giving them both a couple of years to get ready
The one thing this draft is not is ready made, even Walsh is around 74 kg. Some of the picks 8 to 20 have sounder height
to weight ratios.

My money is on Gold doesn't match the offer for Lynch and get pick 3 and take both King bros

I was thi9nking the same thing. The would get two solid contested marking talls on both ends of the ground. Smaller players are easier to find later in the draft. Plus by recruiting both brothers it will lessen the likelihood of the go home factor being an issue down the track. Would be a smart move in my opinion.

I am starting to jump off the Rankine bandwagon a little bit. Yes he is a gun player that will fill a need for us. But I have doubts on his consistency. The last thing we need is the type of player that does nothing for 2-3 games and suddenly pulls a freak 5 goal game out his ass here and there. We need a player that can impact week in and out.

All on the Smith train personally. Has the size for AFL, and has speed and good ball use by foot, two thing we lack in the middle of the ground.

Problem is getting players that want to go to Gold Coast.

This isn't NBA were teams can trade without consent, same thing happen when they wanted the farm for Gazza and got nothing in terms of players

The one thing this draft is not is ready made, even Walsh is around 74 kg. Some of the picks 8 to 20 have sounder height
to weight ratios.
Different for the smaller blokes. Walsh is a midfielder with a ready made tank. Sure he’ll get pushed off the ball a bit but he can play from round 1. Rankine got a ready made physique and smith is more than solid enough to play from day 1. Whereas the king brothers are KPP’s who are stick thin and would get monstered in the marking contests until they put on some decent weight. At least for the basket case clubs they can contribute in years 1 & 2. All are great prospects I just think Gold Coast need to move up from the bottom quickly to get fans through the gate.

Problem is getting players that want to go to Gold Coast.

This isn't NBA were teams can trade without consent, same thing happen when they wanted the farm for Gazza and got nothing in terms of players
Yeh I get where your coming from. But not sure drafting the kings is the answer. What happens if the kings don’t want to go to the Gold Coast get homesick? Then they’ll lose both of them and like you said they’ll getting peanuts compared to what they paid to draft them.

I was thi9nking the same thing. The would get two solid contested marking talls on both ends of the ground. Smaller players are easier to find later in the draft. Plus by recruiting both brothers it will lessen the likelihood of the go home factor being an issue down the track. Would be a smart move in my opinion.
Could also be putting all their eggs in one basket. If one King gets homesick he could take his brother with him and they could lose the whole royal family.

They need lots of things (including a Lynch replacement) but building a dominant midfield group would be the place I'd start. So maybe two players like Walsh, Smith, Rozee, Hately, etc. Or one of those plus Lukosius.

If homesickness is a worry maybe taking a South Australian is a good idea. A lot of those kids grow up expecting they are a good chance to move interstate. Kids in Victoria on the other hand would have good reason to hope they could stay in their home state, and therefore could be more susceptible to homesickness when they do happen to get picked by GCS/Brisbane.
Just a theory ... don't know if the evidence backs it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back