Teams 2018 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really need some help to get a leg up over a few of my mates this year.

I have gone:
D: R.Laird, K.Simpson, C.Mills, N.Wilson, N.Coffield, T.Doedee - S.Murray, H.Goddard.
M: Z.Merrett, M.Crouch, P.Cripps, L.Whitfield, N.Fyfe, J.Steele, T.Kelly, H.Wigg - B.Banfield, N.Holman.
R: M.Gawn, D.Simpson - M.Flynn, L.Pearce.
F: L.Franklin, I.Heeney, C.Curnow, D.Fogarty, Z.Fisher, B.Fritsch -P.Ahern, D.Venebles.

110k left

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have gone:
D: R.Laird, K.Simpson, C.Mills, N.Wilson, N.Coffield, T.Doedee - S.Murray, H.Goddard.
M: Z.Merrett, M.Crouch, P.Cripps, L.Whitfield, N.Fyfe, J.Steele, T.Kelly, H.Wigg - B.Banfield, N.Holman.
F: L.Franklin, I.Heeney, C.Curnow, D.Fogarty, Z.Fisher, B.Fritsch -P.Ahern, D.Venebles.

110k left

I didn't start with Tom Mitchell last year and it took me until about r17 to get him in...
Wigg,Goddard & Ahern unlikely to play R1, Fogarty is keeping Tex Walkers spot warm so be careful of that.
Darcy Cameron seems the most likely R3-4 to play at some stage.

I didn't start with Tom Mitchell last year and it took me until about r17 to get him in...
Wigg,Goddard & Ahern unlikely to play R1, Fogarty is keeping Tex Walkers spot warm so be careful of that.
I feel wigg will get a fair bit of game time after having moved over. Both Goddard abd Ahern I might look into moving them on. I was probably hoping to upgrade cripps or steele at some point into Mitchell but perhaps thats too wishful thinking.

Thanks for the pointers

Bev has said that Tim English is in the mix to play a bunch of games this year, but no idea when from....

I have gone:

110k left

Start with Titch otherwise you will be chasing your mates all year. I understand wanting POD’s but I really think you are going to need Titch at some point, might as well start with him and sleep easy.
Wilson won’t be a big accumulator of the ball, so you will probably need to burn a trade to upgrade, maybe not the worse D6 but he is too flashy for fantasy.
On the phone so can’t crunch the numbers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thoughts on this team? Any help is appreciated :)

Laird - Lloyd - Sicily - Coffield - Doedee - Murray (Silvagni, Finlayson)
Mitchell - Merrett - Gibbs - Neale - Parker - Brayshaw - Kelly - Banfield (Barry, Hoffman)
Martin, Gawn (English, Cameron)
Billings - Heeney - Smith - Christensen - Rayner - Stephensen (Venables, Fritsch)

With less than 24 hours before the partial lockout this is how my side is looking. The major changes are starting to slow down a lot, I'm really confident in my premo selections and my midpricers. However I know I've gone with quite a few basement priced rookies and I've already turned Coffield into Naughton in preparation if Coffield isn't named. If the team selections tomorrow aren't good to the basement priced rookies then I'll have to make a slight downgrade somewhere to improve a rookie or two but hopefully that doesn't happen I'm wanting to stay pretty strong from here.

1def.PNG

Laird names himself into everyone's Fantasy team, a lock since day dot, Lloyd won't have any worries being a top six defender either. haven't had to worry about either this while preseason. Sic Dawg Sicily is a bit more of a risk down there and I've got myself strapped in because I know it's going to be a journey but I'm excited. As I mentioned before I had Coffield in Naughton's spot and if Coffield is named I'll swap it back but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not sold on Keefe and ideally I'd like to trade him for Alex Pearce but I was bloody 2k short so I'm not sure what I'll do for D8 yet, just going to have to wait ans see if the teams announced tomorrow are nice to us.

1mid.PNG

Really happy with my midfield, looking at other sides a lot of coaches have gone with three rookies in the middle but I've got just the two and O'Meara. I really feel Jaeger has a lot to offer, he's had almost his first full preseason in four or five years and is still priced so well. I think he's safe to average at lease 90ppg, if so he's going to make you at least 200k. Titch & Zerrett are pretty much locked to be two of the top three scorers in the entire game and should guarantee me some monster scores. Treloar, Parker & Neale have all averaged over 110 previously but are priced significantly cheaper so I'm praying they can average some monster scores and get back to those PB seasons, they all shown some great signs during the JLT.

1ruck.PNG

Gawn essentially needs no intro at all, basically every club within the top 20,000 will have him. I'm still not set on my other ruckman however. It'll be either Stef Martin or Sam Jacobs, I feel Martin has the higher ceiling and will score better buuuuuuut Archie Smith will make his way into the Brisbane side at some stage. Which'll then seriously affect Martin's scores and he'll end up losing money during these periods too. I'm not just going to trade Martin and Jacobs between each other based on Archie Smith playing so I'm leaning towards setting and forgetting Jacobs for the season. He'll be the Crows lone ruck all season and is a really safe bet.

1.fwd.PNG

Billings is one I had to do quite a bit of work to bring into my side, he's only just come in but I can't see myself trading him out unless I'm forced to free up some cash to get a more expensive rookie if no 170k rookies are named. Heeney very similarity is a safe bet and will also be a top six forward come the end of the season, hopefully he can continue to get more midfield minutes. Speaking of midfield minutes Petracca is one I'm hoping and expecting to get more midfield time, with him entering his fourth season in the system and now 22yo surely the man is ready to have a proper breakout. Christensen, Rayner & Fritsch are my cash cows down there I'm feeling safe with their job security. I know they're pretty boring picks but there's a reason why they're such popular options.

*I've got 25k remaining in the kitty

So that's my current team guys, would love to hear some thoughts and feedback! :)

With less than 24 hours before the partial lockout this is how my side is looking. The major changes are starting to slow down a lot, I'm really confident in my premo selections and my midpricers. However I know I've gone with quite a few basement priced rookies and I've already turned Coffield into Naughton in preparation if Coffield isn't named. If the team selections tomorrow aren't good to the basement priced rookies then I'll have to make a slight downgrade somewhere to improve a rookie or two but hopefully that doesn't happen I'm wanting to stay pretty strong from here.

View attachment 472842

Laird names himself into everyone's Fantasy team, a lock since day dot, Lloyd won't have any worries being a top six defender either. haven't had to worry about either this while preseason. Sic Dawg Sicily is a bit more of a risk down there and I've got myself strapped in because I know it's going to be a journey but I'm excited. As I mentioned before I had Coffield in Naughton's spot and if Coffield is named I'll swap it back but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not sold on Keefe and ideally I'd like to trade him for Alex Pearce but I was bloody 2k short so I'm not sure what I'll do for D8 yet, just going to have to wait ans see if the teams announced tomorrow are nice to us.

View attachment 472814

Really happy with my midfield, looking at other sides a lot of coaches have gone with three rookies in the middle but I've got just the two and O'Meara. I really feel Jaeger has a lot to offer, he's had almost his first full preseason in four or five years and is still priced so well. I think he's safe to average at lease 90ppg, if so he's going to make you at least 200k. Titch & Zerrett are pretty much locked to be two of the top three scorers in the entire game and should guarantee me some monster scores. Treloar, Parker & Neale have all averaged over 110 previously but are priced significantly cheaper so I'm praying they can average some monster scores and get back to those PB seasons, they all shown some great signs during the JLT.

View attachment 472821

Gawn essentially needs no intro at all, basically every club within the top 20,000 will have him. I'm still not set on my other ruckman however. It'll be either Stef Martin or Sam Jacobs, I feel Martin has the higher ceiling and will score better buuuuuuut Archie Smith will make his way into the Brisbane side at some stage. Which'll then seriously affect Martin's scores and he'll end up losing money during these periods too. I'm not just going to trade Martin and Jacobs between each other based on Archie Smith playing so I'm leaning towards setting and forgetting Jacobs for the season. He'll be the Crows lone ruck all season and is a really safe bet.

View attachment 472830

Billings is one I had to do quite a bit of work to bring into my side, he's only just come in but I can't see myself trading him out unless I'm forced to free up some cash to get a more expensive rookie if no 170k rookies are named. Heeney very similarity is a safe bet and will also be a top six forward come the end of the season, hopefully he can continue to get more midfield minutes. Speaking of midfield minutes Petracca is one I'm hoping and expecting to get more midfield time, with him entering his fourth season in the system and now 22yo surely the man is ready to have a proper breakout. Christensen, Rayner & Fritsch are my cash cows down there I'm feeling safe with their job security. I know they're pretty boring picks but there's a reason why they're such popular options.

So that's my current team guys, would love to hear some thoughts and feedback! :)
Really nice team mate, and a great write up.

Only question is how do you feel about Trac at F3? I have tried having him sit in that spot but it just doesn't feel right to me. Any doubts or concerns over starting him in that spot?

View attachment 472842

View attachment 472814

View attachment 472821

View attachment 472830

nice post, you've obviously put a crapload of time into your team....your backs are very similar to mine but I changed Keefe out for Stoddart ( not sure if Keefe gets gig) and dropped Pearce into Naughton's (similar points earned and a bit cheaper)

My rucks are similar but went with Ryder instead of Sauce (cheaper) although the rnd 10 bye is a pain

And again forwards are the same apart from Christensen where I have Florent (cheaper) and Smith instead of Petracca (dearer)

Those changes have allowed an upgrade from a rookie in the mids to another midpricer with a bit more initial scoring power and an easier upgrade to a premo. But that's just me...your team looks very solid, good luck

Really nice team mate, and a great write up.

Only question is how do you feel about Trac at F3? I have tried having him sit in that spot but it just doesn't feel right to me. Any doubts or concerns over starting him in that spot?
Thanks mate, in a dream world I'd have him at F4, would make me a lot less reliant on him and less risky. However to tie in everything else I wanted (especially my midfield) I've had to take a bit of a risk, in saying that though he's not going to lose any money, he won't average below the 70ppg he's priced at. If he doesn't do well it's not going to cost me a heap more to upgrade him into a premo.

nice post, you've obviously put a crapload of time into your team....your backs are very similar to mine but I changed Keefe out for Stoddart ( not sure if Keefe gets gig) and dropped Pearce into Naughton's (similar points earned and a bit cheaper)

My rucks are similar but went with Ryder instead of Sauce (cheaper) although the rnd 10 bye is a pain

And again forwards are the same apart from Christensen where I have Florent (cheaper) and Smith instead of Petracca (dearer)

Those changes have allowed an upgrade from a rookie in the mids to another midpricer with a bit more initial scoring power and an easier upgrade to a premo. But that's just me...your team looks very solid, good luck
Thanks mate, your team is sounding really good also!

Appreciate the kind words.

My final side (I think):
DEF AND MID
7augvke.png

Trying to go a bit more PODdy in these lines.
Don't believe that Laird is worth the $$$ and will come back to the pack a bit.
Finally bit the bullet on Titch. I must say it does feel reassuring to have him there. Otherwise tried to skirt the other pricier mids in the 700-800k range - too hard to pick between them so went for the value of Neale and Coniglio.
All rookies that are playing and with decent JS - happy to pay up a bit if needed.

RUCK AND FWD
PchCs1B.png

Fairly vanilla, but tried to mix up a bit with McLean. My heart says Stef but my head says Jacobs, and has done throughout the pre-season so that is the final call. Again picking rookies with better JS where possible so Venables > Waterman, paying up for Rayner and Ryan etc..

So overall, my planned versus actual balance was:
>800,000 - planned 2, picked 2
700-800k - planned 3, picked 3
600-700k - planned 5, picked 5
300-600k - planned 4, picked 5
Expensive rookies (>200k) - planned 8, picked 6
Cheap rookies (<200k) - planned 8, picked 9.

So am pretty happy with that.

Good luck all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

McLean or Walters?

Savage or Ryan?

Who's the best of all four in order?

Walters and Liam Ryan?
or
Dev Smith and Waterman?
Ryan has much better JS over course of season. Walters/Devon similar output. Option 1 IMO.

M crouch and Billings

Or

Parker and Menengola

Cheers guys.

Can't really go wrong! But I'm not as bullish on Parker, and expect Menegola to slide, so option 1.

Now that Coffield isn't playing, who are the best cheap options for defenders?
So far I've got Yeo, Luke McDonald, Angus Brayshaw, Coffield, Andrew McGrath, Murray (bench: Doedee, Finlayson)

Atm I'm considering Naughton or Pearce, but they will get very low scores since they are kpd's. Lachlan Murphy is playing for the Crows, but not so sure about his job security and scoring potential...? Any other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back