No Oppo Supporters 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

you reckon? I give him a good chance. Who's gonna beat him? Not Fyfe. Not Danger. Not Martin. Not Macrae. Titch? Maybe, but I'd back Gawn atm.

I suppose Gaff and Beams deserve a mention.

I give him no chance. The umpires love midfielders. He's also gonna have Clayton Oliver and Jesse Hogan stealing votes from him.

I think Fyfe will finish with most votes but Mitchell will win it.

Problem with Gawn will be the losing games where he won’t poll. Mitchell will probably get the odd 1-2 vote game in a losing side- I mean last week he got 40 disposals and a goal in a loss (I wouldn’t expect him to poll in this game though).

Problem with Gawn will be the losing games where he won’t poll. Mitchell will probably get the odd 1-2 vote game in a losing side- I mean last week he got 40 disposals and a goal in a loss (I wouldn’t expect him to poll in this game though).

Well he didn't get a coaches vote in that game so it will be interesting to see if he gets a vote from the umpires. I'm sure he will. I think the umpires don't look at the bigger picture they just have a snapshot of who they are seeing with the ball the most and they'll get the votes. So players like Gawn and Buddy will always get ripped off

I'd like Gawn to win it, just to avoid another boring midfielder winning it.

Best Ruckman since Stynes - apologies to Cox.

Woah let's not get carried away. Cox was something else entirely

But then again, Cox was never the best player in the comp yet I think Gawn is so maybe you're right

Higgins and Mitchell would be great

Higgins is seriously under-rated and can't believe he's only being talked about as a "contender" for the All Australian side. Should be a lock IMO.

But if the Brownlow is about the best and fairest player, I think Gawn has both those covered comfortably this year. Even ahead of Fyfe

Higgins is seriously under-rated and can't believe he's only being talked about as a "contender" for the All Australian side. Should be a lock IMO.

But if the Brownlow is about the best and fairest player, I think Gawn has both those covered comfortably this year. Even ahead of Fyfe
Fyfe's had a fair bit of time out with injury this year... and Titch has had some outstanding games, and his numbers have been remarkably consistent at a really high level. But I don't reckon either of them has been as consistently influential as Gawn, who imo, has been remarkably consistent all year.

Fyfe's had a fair bit of time out with injury this year... and Titch has had some outstanding games, and his numbers have been remarkably consistent at a really high level. But I don't reckon either of them has been as consistently influential as Gawn, who imo, has been remarkably consistent all year.

Yep he has been epic this year. Gawn winning the Brownlow would be a fairytale I could get behind

He's only played 10 games , we should have taken him !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell came 5th last year and is currently sitting 5th but the coaches don’t rate him?
The best coach in the league regularly has him best on ground. Maybe he means pleb coaches like Buckley?

Only thing holding Mitchell back from winning it would be the teams performance or JOM taking votes away from him. Early season form would suggest he should be at the top.
I have one problem with Mitchell winning it and this is by no means disrespecting what a great player he is and what a stellar season he is having, but I don't believe he really influences the outcome of the game.
Dangerfield, Ablett, Goodes, Martin, Judd etc directly influenced their team, they were better, more threatening teams when they were on the field, I personally don't see that with Mitchell. I don't believe what he does lifts his teams overall performance, something Gawn and Higgins this season are doing.

I have one problem with Mitchell winning it and this is by no means disrespecting what a great player he is and what a stellar season he is having, but I don't believe he really influences the outcome of the game.
Dangerfield, Ablett, Goodes, Martin, Judd etc directly influenced their team, they were better, more threatening teams when they were on the field, I personally don't see that with Mitchell. I don't believe what he does lifts his teams overall performance, something Gawn and Higgins this season are doing.
Didn't stop Matt Priddis winning one. And Mitchell is exactly the same as Priddis, a slow accumulator with crappy disposal.

Unfortunately with Collingwood above us on the ladder this kind of stinging insult doesn't have the same venom IMO
:(

In all seriousness, pleb coach Buckley has also voted Mitchell best on ground

Tom Mitchell will get the 3 Brownlow votes this weekend against Carlton for his 55 disposals & match winning performance in Hawthorn's 80 point victory against the wooden spooner, catapulting the best coached team in the AFL for 20 years right into finals contention again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back