2018 Hawthorn Away Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Bahaha. Goodnight white monogram guernsey.

On a different matter. Many of you will remember seeing Hawthorn play in what looked like a white jumper as our away outfit. Never again. White is the colour of surrender and at Hawthorn we never surrender. We might get beaten but we fight every match out to the final siren. That strip has been consigned to the waste paper bin forever.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-08-13/letter-to-members-thank-you

white is the colour of surrender....

I agree we don't clash with anyone but this isn't news, wonder if they weren't selling well enough...

Marketing or not - thanks to El Presidente for getting the AFL to step down on their insistence that we wear a predominantly white strip.
you may be giving him too much credit, other clubs already weren't doing it and he was around for quite a few years of us doing it last time

you may be giving him too much credit, other clubs already weren't doing it and he was around for quite a few years of us doing it last time

Are you just trying to cover up that you are Felicity Kennett now?

And I may be giving him too much credit - timing is on his side though.

Best news from the club in ages.
To those of you who emailed the club in disgust, supported our Ban the Power Ranges FB page and spread the word the white is not Hawthorn, thanks and mission accomplished.

Yup, it was the 120 people on a Facebook page with bugger all engagement on posts that turned the tide :drunk:

Yup, it was the 120 people on a Facebook page with bugger all engagement on posts that turned the tide :drunk:
That’s the attitude Ned.
Jeff was very interested actually to know how strongly some members felt. He is very good at replying to correspondence. Sometimes it only takes one, or two, or a dozen.
If no one at all had complained to the club we would still be in Power Ranger stance.
Luckily we are not all like you Ned.

That’s the attitude Ned.
Jeff was very interested actually to know how strongly some members felt. He is very good at replying to correspondence. Sometimes it only takes one, or two, or a dozen.
If no one at all had complained to the club we would still be in Power Ranger stance.
Luckily we are not all like you Ned.

Nope, pretty sure the club wouldn’t still be in the Power Ranger guernsey because it was widely derided and didn’t sell.

If you think a dozen people or an inactive, lowly followed social media page would be enough to influence a multi-million dollar organisation with 80,000 members then I admire your misplaced faith in people power.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, pretty sure the club wouldn’t still be in the Power Ranger guernsey because it was widely derided and didn’t sell.

If you think a dozen people or an inactive, lowly followed social media page would be enough to influence a multi-million dollar organisation with 80,000 then I admire your misplaced faith in people power.
Guy I know who works at Adidas claimed the opposite regarding sales of the power rangers jumper.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Guy I know who works at Adidas claimed the opposite regarding sales of the power rangers jumper.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Fair call! I recalled looking at the merch numbers the year it was released and thought the numbers may have gone down. That could be due to other issues mind you.

So, the afl never insisted hawthorn to have white jumpers to begin with??
Afl, have stated the Brown back jumpers are enough from their POV for clash jumpers!!
B&G with Brown OR White shorts plus the Brown Back with Brown or White shorts are hopefully here to stay! Nothing more nothing less.

So, the afl never insisted hawthorn to have white jumpers to begin with??
Afl, have stated the Brown back jumpers are enough from their POV for clash jumpers!!
B&G with Brown OR White shorts plus the Brown Back with Brown or White shorts are hopefully here to stay! Nothing more nothing less.

The Hawks when doing the competition for the current clash strip said it had to be predominantly white. Can only imagine that was being dictated by the AFL (possibly via the broadcasters).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back