Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

16 possies.
Looks like a hard nut which will complement the other young mids in the group when he eventually gets his turn in there.

Projecting as a solid Ryan Bastinac type player. A solid pick at 19.

I see a Dayne Beams type player in Stocker.

Has a real hardness about him. Composure and ability to hit targets under pressure already shining through.
Also has a strut about him which I like.

Definitely wouldn’t look out of place as a top 10 draft pick thus far.

I reckon this trade will discourage bottom 4 teams trading future picks way too much of a gamble if you are already a poor side

At least mid table and above I could see it being a risk worth taking

Why? Carlton picked up a player who just had 16 disposals in his second game against the second best team in the comp and still have another first round pick to look forward to.

It encourages teams to back their recruiting regardless of potential draft picks.

Stocker could end up being as good as any player in last years draft.

Has a real hardness about him. Composure and ability to hit targets under pressure already shining through.

Some Lenny Hayes in his game.

Why? Carlton picked up a player who just had 16 disposals in his second game against the second best team in the comp and still have another first round pick to look forward to.

It encourages teams to back their recruiting regardless of potential draft picks.

Stocker could end up being as good as any player in last years draft.
I think if there’s a strong chance you finish bottom 4 you don’t do this

Pick 19 from 2015 looking pretty good, thanks Tiges, 2019 from last draft sense will be even better as time goes on. This kid made of right stuff. Think he will play in seniors rest of season and only get better with more match conditioning and hopefully released to midfield as seasons goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks a better prospect, just like Walsh looks a better prospect than Angus Schumacher.

Pretty common to make these types of observations I would have thought

Ok so you have nothing, just your opinion. Awesome, keep up the good work and keep loading the pressure by trying to say he could be similar to Dayne Beams. He has played 2 games so probably need to pump the brakes a bit

Last edited:
Ok so you have nothing, just your opinion. Awesome, keep up the good work and keep loading the pressure by trying to say he could be similar to Dayne Beams. He has played 2 games so probably need to pump the brakes a bit

You make no sense whatsoever.

Stocker produced a better game yesterday than most of the first rounders last year. At his size and with his skills and aggression, it’s not unusual to make comparisons like the one I have.

You make no sense whatsoever.

Stocker produced a better game yesterday than most of the first rounders last year. At his size and with his skills and aggression, it’s not unusual to make comparisons like the one I have.

I think you should wait until you have a body of work first before you start comparing him to stars of the game.

He has had 1 good game and his first game was pretty bad. The first game can be forgiven due to nerves. He did get thrown out of the mcg by Cunnington in his first game didn’t he?

I hope he makes it in the AFL but let him play at least a handful of games before comparing him Dayne Beams

I think you should wait until you have a body of work first before you start comparing him to stars of the game.

He has had 1 good game and his first game was pretty bad. The first game can be forgiven due to nerves. He did get thrown out of the mcg by Cunnington in his first game didn’t he?

I hope he makes it in the AFL but let him play at least a handful of games before comparing him Dayne Beams

I think when you watch a player from preseason and they come in and produce exactly what you expect, it’s safe to make comparisons with other players. Just like all the comparisons I’ve heard with other draftees, Walsh, Rozee, Blakey etc.

Anyone who dismisses the custom of comparing young players to established players is obviously salty for some reason. In your case we know the exact reason.

I think when you watch a player from preseason and they come in and produce exactly what you expect, it’s safe to make comparisons with other players. Just like all the comparisons I’ve heard with other draftees, Walsh, Rozee, Blakey etc.

Anyone who dismisses the custom of comparing young players to established players is obviously salty for some reason. In your case we know the exact reason.

I usually don’t have a problem with comparing young players to established players, just not after 2 games.

As I said, I hope he makes it. Nobody wants to see a persons dream not be achieved. You are way too emotional about this

He looks like he hurts people just by putting his body in. Already 85kgs, could eventually be a Dustin Martin sized midfielder who was similar height and weight when drafted.

With all due respect I think you are seeing what you want to. There wasn't anything in either week to suggest any of that. I'm not trying to troll you, the pick trade or even that stocker will be a bust because from whats known so far there's just nothing objective to base it on. Only some years will answer whether it was a good trade or not. From a pure number thing as of this minute it looks in favor of Adelaide but it could change quick and thats not even taking where Stocker is in 2-3 years into the equation.

With all due respect I think you are seeing what you want to. There wasn't anything in either week to suggest any of that. I'm not trying to troll you, the pick trade or even that stocker will be a bust because from whats known so far there's just nothing objective to base it on. Only some years will answer whether it was a good trade or not. From a pure number thing as of this minute it looks in favor of Adelaide but it could change quick and thats not even taking where Stocker is in 2-3 years into the equation.

I do wonder if Adelaide will keep our pick or try it for Rankine or Lukosius ?

You can fault Carlton and SOS for doing tbr trade, but can you fault them for trying to have ambitions or expectation of organic growth/improvement this season ?

Best of luck to The Crows going forwards, but SOS's logic of doing the trade at the time did make sense to me, its not like he could have forseen Docherty doing his knee again.

Also to my fellow Blues Brethren, stop trying to overhype Stocker. Let the kid find his own feet in the game.

Comparing him to a gun in Beam is just bollocks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back