NFL 2018 NFL Draft - 27/04/2018 [No Twitter Spoilers]

Remove this Banner Ad

That's ridiculous. The thread is full of posts talking about the strengths of different quarterbacks. Just because a few of us disagree about which one should be top, doesn't mean a Front Office will pass over the best QB class in many years.

Running Backs should never be taken top three, ever. Barkley is a possible exception as it's a serious need for both the Giants and Colts- but in every ear other than this one- there's far too much risk involved.

I think its very silo'd to have the view that running backs cant go top 3...or even pick 1.

I think that view was the consensus 5 years ago but to me zeke and others have proven they are definitely worthy of the high spot if the talent is there ..in the last two drafts it's been the case and is this year.

Barkley appears to be a talent on par or even favourable to zeke..if that plays out it would be foolish to pass on him just because of the stigma "running backs shouldnt got top 3"

I think its very silo'd to have the view that running backs cant go top 3...or even pick 1.

I think that view was the consensus 5 years ago but to me zeke and others have proven they are definitely worthy of the high spot if the talent is there ..in the last two drafts it's been the case and is this year.

Barkley appears to be a talent on par or even favourable to zeke..if that plays out it would be foolish to pass on him just because of the stigma "running backs shouldnt got top 3"
Completely agree. Barkley is definitely an exception to the rule.

I know its 50 years ago and things were different and analytics have evolved so much Cleveland are contenders , cough, but an RB called Orenthal James might disagree
Completely agree. I was too definitive in that post. I mean that in most circumstances, there's no long term gain to selecting a running back so early. However, Barkley is as close to a sure-fire back as we have seen do justifies such a selection.

If RB's lasted longer before the decline they would be valued more.

All the extra hits RB's take that QB's or WR's dont are why they decline so fast.

About 2-3 years ago it was a risk to take a RB in the top of the 2nd round, now they are at least talked about as first rounders again. With top picks you want more than the 2.5 years you get out of the average RB.

For a RB to be successful now they also need a OL that can block, and they need to be a pass catcher. It doesnt matter how good the RB is if the OL cant make lanes for him, because you wont be a successful back if first contact is always in the backfield.

There’s no risk with Barkley...or far less than any other player.

That's just not true. The safest player in this draft is Quenton Nelson, I'll eat my foot if he busts. Should the Browns draft him first overall? Of course not.

Barkley is likely to be a good player, but he has some serious question marks as a prospect.

#QbAt1

Barkley is a better athlete, but not even close to the running back Zeke was. Zeke was the most complete running back prospect I've ever seen. Barkley is special but we need to settle down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t take much for Browns to trade up to 2 or 3
If the Browns take Barkley at 1 the Colts should fake like they are picking a QB so they can force a stupid trade like the 9ers/Bears last year.

If the Browns take Barkley at 1 the Colts should fake like they are picking a QB so they can force a stupid trade like the 9ers/Bears last year.

They could just let fake news out that Luck’s return is doubt again.

The last two Penn State running backs taken with the first or second overall pick; Ki-Jana Carter and Blair Thomas.

Dizzy heights.

No I'm not saying Barkley will bust just as hard, just an amusing little piece of history.

It is only a stupid trade if Trubisky busts. If he is a qb that takes the Bears into the playoffs and into superbowl contention, they won't care what they paid for him.

It is only a stupid trade if Trubisky busts. If he is a qb that takes the Bears into the playoffs and into superbowl contention, they won't care what they paid for him.
The 9ers never wanted Mitch. its a stupid trade because he would of still been there at 3.

Wouldn't need to fake picking a QB, just need to convince the Browns that the Broncos and Jets are more than ready to trade up for their first choice QB.

In a perfect world for the Colts, they can convince the Browns into trading up from pick 4 to pick 3, then immediately trade back again with the Jets to pick 6 and maximise the draft picks they pick up while still getting Chubb/Nelson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back