NFL 2018 NFL - Week 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Wentz definitely overrated

You can that about 97% of QB’s in any given year in any given week. Only Brady doesn’t cop such a bad rap because he doesn’t guzzle his own bathwater like so many others. Mahomes hopefully can keep going and make it a double MVP season.

Kerryon Johnson another big game with 158 rushing yards. Needs to keep getting this amount of carries and cut back on Blounts a bit. Johnson is getting 8 yards a carry and then we're giving it to Blount who's getting stuffed for no gain. Blount did have some handy runs today though in fairness

You can that about 97% of QB’s in any given year in any given week. Only Brady doesn’t cop such a bad rap because he doesn’t guzzle his own bathwater like so many others. Mahomes hopefully can keep going and make it a double MVP season.
Wentz cops a bad rap? I’m not saying he’s a scrub, he can definitely play but I’m not ready to put him in the top one or two tiers of QB’s like many have.

Speaking of missed FG's Dallas would be ruing that call at the end against Divisional Rival Washington. Looked a bad call from the ref and the extra yardage cost them dearly.

Even the reserved and usually calm Tony Dungy SLAMMED that nonsense ‘snap’ penalty that was magnified to show the viewers LITERALY NOTHING in it. If you had doubts of ‘fixed / hate officiating’ then that was exhibit #1. That official who blew that play dead needs to be stepped down and INVESTIGATED!! I picked the Redskins FYI but as an ex-official of the VGFL.. that was just RUBBISH! Zero movement by the LS.

The kicker just missed the alignment as it was desperately unlucky.. no different to Justin Tucker of the Ravens where the ball turned right mid air.

But despite the snap and FG miss, the HC’s of both Redskins and Dallas are R-word in their own way. Playcalling was horrendous when it could of been smarter but as already mentioned, these two HC are not so bright.

Wentz cops a bad rap? I’m not saying he’s a scrub, he can definitely play but I’m not ready to put him in the top one or two tiers of QB’s like many have.

My guy isn’t a grub either but these guys after early career success tend to get waaaaay too complacent at times. Only Brady has the hunger and right attitude of a real winner.

Drew Brees has now beaten all 32 teams as a starter
You could tell he wanted that one too.

Personally I thought it was one of his best games in a while. Controlled the clock and the tempo of the game in difficult conditions for him. Keeping our D off the field was as important as scoring.

It was an ironic win for us. We're usually the team missing XPs or FGs trying to send the game into overtime.

With some teams short on WRs it's a bit surprising that Dez hasn't got a look in, either he's waiting for the perfect offer or he's clearly persona non grata in the league.
NFL GMs have become increasingly bitchier over the last decade.....all started with the new rookie draft scale. After the Jamarcus bust. Then it started happening across the league avoiding all red flag type players...letting them slide in the draft even right out of the draft. Some teams still didn't listen (cowboys/bengals/etc), but more and more, teams have started distancing themselves from bad eggs. And now it's even extended into situations like trades between teams. No team is willing to part with high picks for a good player just needing a change of environment. Everyone's kinda holding back and letting teams cut players instead, then picking them up on waivers, and even then, many good players waived still haven't found a team. Or once they get bounced a couple of times, they're blackballed. Then it went further with the Kaepernick/Reid thing. Then further with Safeties per se this off-season getting the cold shoulder. GMs just don't wanna bother with anyone who might be a bad egg, and unwilling to spend money on even good safeties and other free agents who are just sitting around waiting for someone to call them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Hue was trying to throw Haley under the bus in his presser. He’s consistent.
He did throw him under the bus. And Haley is not going to appreciate that, given he signed on with Hue on the proviso he had autonomy/authority at OC. Hue had two years of being OC/HC and fcked it up and now he thinks he can do a better job. SMH. Some dark signs there for Browns fans. Can see Browns losing a string of games if Hue takes over play-calling, and there's in-fighting between coaches, the players will mail it in, and wait for Hue to get fired end of the season.

Rae Carruth released from prison after nearly 18 years
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 22, 2018, 8:15 AM EDT
ap_18295452293592.jpg

AP

Former NFL first-round pick Rae Carruth walked out of prison moments ago, nearly 18 years after he was convicted of conspiracy to murder the mother of his unborn child.

Via WSOC, Carruth walked out of the Sampson Correctional Facility just after 8:00 a.m., took a few steps before he climbed into a white SUV and was sped away to life as a free man.

The former Panthers wide receiver was convicted in 2001 for planning the murder of Cherica Adams. Their son, Chancellor Lee Adams, survived the shooting, but has dealt with developmental issues his entire life.

The 44-year-old Carruth has said he hopes to become a part of his son’s life in the future.

Madness!!!

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Chucky at this stage has 3 firsts next year.

Carr off next? Surely they have dropped hints in NY and Jacksonville.

Think Jags don’t have the cap space to fit Carr in. Bortles dead money would be $16m and they’re already projecting over the cap for 2019 thanks to that D.

Browns coach Hue Jackson does not plan to take over play-calling duties from OC Todd Haley.

"I never said I would take over the play-calling," Jackson said Monday after very much suggesting that on Sunday. "I said I needed to help. I have to be careful not to get too frustrated, too." Jackson is correct that his offense needs a shake up. The problems still have more to do with Baker Mayfield's surrounding talent than anything else. The 2-4-1 Browns are headed to Pittsburgh for Week 8.

Source: Andrew Gribble on Twitter

Rae Carruth released from prison after nearly 18 years
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 22, 2018, 8:15 AM EDT
ap_18295452293592.jpg

AP

Former NFL first-round pick Rae Carruth walked out of prison moments ago, nearly 18 years after he was convicted of conspiracy to murder the mother of his unborn child.

Via WSOC, Carruth walked out of the Sampson Correctional Facility just after 8:00 a.m., took a few steps before he climbed into a white SUV and was sped away to life as a free man.

The former Panthers wide receiver was convicted in 2001 for planning the murder of Cherica Adams. Their son, Chancellor Lee Adams, survived the shooting, but has dealt with developmental issues his entire life.

The 44-year-old Carruth has said he hopes to become a part of his son’s life in the future.
Yeah I'm sure the son wants to hang out with the guy who killed his mother and gave him a disability

Remove this Banner Ad

Back