NFL 2018 NFL - Week 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with your top 4 in order. Id have us ahead of the Chargers tho. That's not biased either. Love the Chargers, were my title tip this year. Just dont think they have performed up to what they are capable of. I want to see Bosa starting before i put them conference championship calculations.

Who have the Steelers beaten? Going off nothing more reputation with many people having them as high as they do IMO. We have them at home next week. Cant wait. Id have the Seahawks and Redskins above them in rankings.

Seahawks the big watch for me. The way they are currently playing has them as a massive NFC title contender in my eyes. Can they maintain this game and form to the remainder of the season? If so the Rams wouldn't want to face them first up off a break in the playoffs.

Agree with you on Ravens and Packers. Id probably have them in the same tier as Chicago, Houston, Detroit and Phili. All those sides have the capability to challenge for the Lombarbi but still some massive question marks over all of them. Cant buy into to any of them at the present time.
Well they did beat the Bengals on the road and that kind of got them rolling. Now I don't rate the Bengals any more than an 8/9 win team, and the Steelers ALWAYS beat them, but it's more about how their D has been performing. They've strung it together a bit and the Bengals are a decent offense. They also kept the Falcons to 17 points and then started streaking with a win over the Browns.

This week will really tell who's going to take authority over the AFCN. Steelers are hotter than the Ravens, and the Ravens desperately need to turn things around after a few tough losses. Winner will probably win the division, loser gets the 6 seed IMO.

Seahawks do look to be slowly going back to what made them so good in 2012-2014. They do however have a gauntlet of a schedule:
Chargers
@ Rams
Packers
@ Panthers
49ers
Vikings
@ 49ers
Chiefs

It will be tough for them to go more than 9 wins I'd think. But the key one there is the Packers TNF game. Both teams will be vying for the 6th seed. The Panthers game also, as they'll be looking at the 5 seed.

Houston have an easy schedule and could very well finish 10-6.

Falcons (I know you don't rate) must win this week @ Washington (and I think they will). They win that they've then got a few layups to get themselves in form before getting some real tests vs. NO/Bal/GB.

Lot's of teams on a collision course in the middle of the pack

Well they did beat the Bengals on the road and that kind of got them rolling. Now I don't rate the Bengals any more than an 8/9 win team, and the Steelers ALWAYS beat them, but it's more about how their D has been performing. They've strung it together a bit and the Bengals are a decent offense. They also kept the Falcons to 17 points and then started streaking with a win over the Browns.

This week will really tell who's going to take authority over the AFCN. Steelers are hotter than the Ravens, and the Ravens desperately need to turn things around after a few tough losses. Winner will probably win the division, loser gets the 6 seed IMO.

Seahawks do look to be slowly going back to what made them so good in 2012-2014. They do however have a gauntlet of a schedule:
Chargers
@ Rams
Packers
@ Panthers
49ers
Vikings
@ 49ers
Chiefs

It will be tough for them to go more than 9 wins I'd think. But the key one there is the Packers TNF game. Both teams will be vying for the 6th seed. The Panthers game also, as they'll be looking at the 5 seed.

Falcons (I know you don't rate) must win this week @ Washington (and I think they will). They win that they've then got a few layups to get themselves in form before getting some real tests vs. NO/Bal/GB.

Yea, Falcons are a poor mans Chiefs at the moment, all offense no defense (at least their D is s**t mainly due to injury tho) Do not rate at all.. The Chiefs at least have Dee Ford to pressure opposing QB's.. Can some explain to me what the * has happened to Vic Beasley's career? Since he led the league in sacks 2 years ago has done jack s**t. McKinnley not exactly a QB's nightmare either.

The problem is they've played one impressive game in a row and they've now got 3 of the next 4 on the road, with all of those road games coming against pretty good to elite teams.

Which of those teams don't you love watching? The Chiefs?

Watch out for Pittsburgh who we know have a great offense but have also quietly built a top defense. Still not sure I trust it to stand up against Josh McDaniels tho

The Chargers and Panthers are two teams who could come in as legitimately elite teams with the 5 seed, and if the 1 seed isn't on their game in the divisional round, could get knocked off by either team.

Hmm yeah I dunno, I just feel the past 2 weeks the offence has started to get rolling and the D has been solid all year and Ha Ha leaving won't make a difference there. Pats, Dolphins, Seahawks doesn't frighten me. Hopefully 2-1.

Haha nah I can't stand the Pats anymore mate. Love the Chiefs and Saints.

Hmm yeah I dunno, I just feel the past 2 weeks the offence has started to get rolling and the D has been solid all year and Ha Ha leaving won't make a difference there. Pats, Dolphins, Seahawks doesn't frighten me. Hopefully 2-1.

Haha nah I can't stand the Pats anymore mate. Love the Chiefs and Saints.
Pats are way better to watch than the Chiefs. Actually play proper football and go under centre. They also will have a defense (in comparison to the Chiefs) come December.

The way the Chiefs play puts me to sleep, all offense no D. No one stops anyone. Every drive you already know the outcome. zzzz

I do like the way Mahomes plays tho (I don't like the success he's having). Just wish they'd put him in a proper offense and not some RPO trash

I'm sure NorthernLights will back me up here...

The only thing I don't like about the Pats right now is the fact that Brady changed helmets from this all time beauty...

Brady-1073x840.jpg

To this crap

gettyimages-1029882282.jpg

Pats are way better to watch than the Chiefs. Actually play proper football and go under centre. They also will have a defense (in comparison to the Chiefs) come December.

The way the Chiefs play puts me to sleep, all offense no D. No one stops anyone. Every drive you already know the outcome. zzzz

I do like the way Mahomes plays tho (I don't like the success he's having). Just wish they'd put him in a proper offense and not some RPO trash

I'm sure NorthernLights will back me up here...
Yeah Chiefs games bore me too. It’s a shame because in recent years, when they’ve had good D’s, they’ve been one of the better teams to watch imo

Are people mad in here? Chiefs O more than makes up for average D. Hill, Hunt, Mahomes and brilliant play calling by Andy Reid. Gees if you’re not happy watching that....

Chargers
@ Rams
Packers
@ Panthers
49ers
Vikings
@ 49ers
Chiefs

Why low on Steelers but high on Seahawks?

Seattle humming nicely but only generally beaten trash teams thus far and lost the games against better quality. Granted they were on road for Denver and Bears (and now have some tough home games to balance) but they still haven’t proven they are better than mediocre as yet.

As you say, PIT/BAL and LAC/SEA will be useful matchups but at the moment I wouldn’t have Seahawks in any sort of dark horse territory, given they’ve got no chance of winning the division and there’s plenty of NFC WC contenders.

Edit I don’t know what happened but was supposed to tag A11dAtP0w3R ’s post.
My bad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Chiefs games bore me too. It’s a shame because in recent years, when they’ve had good D’s, they’ve been one of the better teams to watch imo

Chiefs way more fun when they can score freely! The stout D plus safe Alex Smith offense only works for limited time. This way they may actually put up something in January, which gives us another potential AFC contender to make things interesting.

The only thing I don't like about the Pats right now is the fact that Brady changed helmets from this all time beauty...

Brady-1073x840.jpg

To this crap

Do you reckon Giselle had a word to him about concussions?

Why low on Steelers but high on Seahawks?

Seattle humming nicely but only generally beaten trash teams thus far and lost the games against better quality. Granted they were on road for Denver and Bears (and now have some tough home games to balance) but they still haven’t proven they are better than mediocre as yet.

As you say, PIT/BAL and LAC/SEA will be useful matchups but at the moment I wouldn’t have Seahawks in any sort of dark horse territory, given they’ve got no chance of winning the division and there’s plenty of NFC WC contenders.

Edit I don’t know what happened but was supposed to tag A11dAtP0w3R ’s post.
My bad!
I'm not? I'm high on the Steelers...

Think you may have meant to reply to ADP

Are people mad in here? Chiefs O more than makes up for average D. Hill, Hunt, Mahomes and brilliant play calling by Andy Reid. Gees if you’re not happy watching that....
Agreed. Naysayers are just haters.
Chiefs way more fun when they can score freely! The stout D plus safe Alex Smith offense only works for limited time. This way they may actually put up something in January, which gives us another potential AFC contender to make things interesting.
errr no

Watching two teams move up and down the field with no competition is the opposite of enthralling

errr no

Watching two teams move up and down the field with no competition is the opposite of enthralling
Of course. I've always said on here I love defensive battles far more than tag football.
But the point was more---if the Chiefs offense per se was boring to watch. And it isn't.
There are far more boring/frustrating offeses in the league---from an audience perspective.

Of course. I've always said on here I love defensive battles far more than tag football.
But the point was more---if the Chiefs offense per se was boring to watch. And it isn't.
There are far more boring/frustrating offeses in the league---from an audience perspective.
But they are boring to watch too.

The Chiefs run a college offense, (yawn zzzzz), whereas the Pats/Rams/Saints are at least SOMEWHAT traditional in their approach. Less explosive but FAR better to watch

Brady-1073x840.jpg

To this crap

Has he had brain surgery?? I keep looking for the ' no bone' on the side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back