Teams 2018 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher should get quite a bit of time on the wing for us. Always a chance of kicking a goal as well.

I'll have a look over it and see what I can re-jig. I've been playing fanstasy football for 20 years but this is my first go at this style of fantasy footy.

Not used to the whole most of the teams have 70% of the same players concept so I guess I'm picking with that in mind a bit and try a few players others don't to try and get a difference.
Fair enough with regards to Fisher, he looked really good in what i saw of Carlton's jlt games. In fact I was a bit surprised to see his DT scores as low as they were as he definitely stood out. I'm not sure if his game is really suited to Fantasy/DT scoring? All power to you though! I'm happy to see a few POD selections so kudos to you for that (even if i dont necessarily rate them).

Fisher should get quite a bit of time on the wing for us. Always a chance of kicking a goal as well.

I'll have a look over it and see what I can re-jig. I've been playing fanstasy football for 20 years but this is my first go at this style of fantasy footy.

Not used to the whole most of the teams have 70% of the same players concept so I guess I'm picking with that in mind a bit and try a few players others don't to try and get a difference.

PODs (players/points of different) are no doubt important and I agree with trying for the contrarian view wherever possible, and backing your gut!
The issue with players like Fisher is in their ability to contribute to your end-of-season goals in AFL Fantasy, which is generally to have a 'complete' team of premium players. Which is either by:
(a) Picking premiums and sticking with them
(b) Picking under-valued mid-priced players who can become premiums, or will elevate in value that they are easy to upgrade to premiums
(c) Picking rookies/low priced players with good job security who will appreciate in value and provide the cash to upgrade your mid-pricers and more expensive rookies into premiums.
Guys like Fisher (in my opinion) aren't going to be (a), and probably won't be (b) in my view, but if you think he can average 70-80 then he can appreciate to 500k+ by mid-season and be close enough to be upgraded later in the season.

What fantasy have you previously played previously? :)

What fantasy have you previously played previously? :)

We made our own fantasy NBA leagues in the early 90's. Then in 99 we took that NBA concept and formed our own fantasy AFL game based on similar scoring to how the NBA one worked.

The infamous Dylan Howard was even part of the early league. League is still going strong and it's our 20 year anniversary next season

Had Fisher most of last year and he never scored too high. He played really well against us in JLT2 yet still scored low. I think, footy wise, he'll take a step up this year but for Fantasy footy I'd avoid him.

Should I go joel selwood +100k or dusty
It depends on what you can do with that money. If you can put it to good use and get a solid upgrade elsewhere i think Selwood is great value, but if you don't have anywhere to put that money Dusty will be a better scorer.

Hmm my team is a few k off being ideal.

Do I keep Silicy and swap out English (R4) for a 170k ruck

or Keep English in and downgrade Sicily to McGrath?
Hmm my team is a few k off being ideal.

Do I keep Silicy and swap out English (R4) for a 170k ruck

or Keep English in and downgrade Sicily to McGrath?
I think you're better off with the higher valued player on your field (Sicily) and the cheaper rookie on your bench.

We made our own fantasy NBA leagues in the early 90's. Then in 99 we took that NBA concept and formed our own fantasy AFL game based on similar scoring to how the NBA one worked.

The infamous Dylan Howard was even part of the early league. League is still going strong and it's our 20 year anniversary next season

Ah I see!
Cool cool. So more draft league then right?

I think I might do it. POD, has shown a bit of a ceiling and frees up cash to make the forward line less ****.

If he can do 85+ he is probably close enough to a top 6 defender to be worth it.
I asked that in the other thread to see if anyone was keen or if i was just going insane for considering it, i am very tempted but i am also a pussy with these things and rarely pull the trigger. I like his role and he is also coming in to his 3rd season (often a break out one) no Doc this season and he had 26 touches with 12 marks against us the last JLT. Plenty of reasons to do it, i like him more than Brayshaw.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked that in the other thread to see if anyone was keen or if i was just going insane for considering it, i am very tempted but i am also a pussy with these things and rarely pull the trigger. I like his role and he is also coming in to his 3rd season (often a break out one) no Doc this season and he had 26 touches with 12 marks against us the last JLT. Plenty of reasons to do it, i like him more than Brayshaw.
I'm going to pull the trigger here and whack the round 1 loophole VC on him too as i don't have any other options.

Started off as a monetary bidding style contract/keeper league but after 7-8 years as it was a lot of work to run it that way the money side of it was dropped to a straight drafting league.

Interesting! Glad to hear it's still going strong!

At the very least.

Laird swapped with Ballenden
Martin swapped with Banfield
Buddy swapped with Venebles

I worry the midfield isnt strong enough there, maybe need an least a decent mid price at M5.
Forward line is too strong, maybe downgrade Bell Fritsch and use that cash to upgrade a midfielder to a JOM or Armitage type - A nat Fyfe would be better if you could get to him.

Also, you'll probably want to get rid of O'Connor. Showed great improvement, but no chance he's in our best 22 and probably not even in our best 30. Definitely won't play Round 1. Can pretty much 99% guarantee that.

Probably covered elsewhere but is Kelly the guaranteed starter we all think he is?

He is pricey but unlike guys like Brayshaw, LDU, Ryan who are playing for bottom clubs he has to fit into a formidable midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back