List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft Thread MK 3 [JP✔️ JPII✔️ Hall✔️ BScott✔️ Tyson✔️ Clarke➡️ Preuss➡️]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn to get Scully for pick 51!! **** me. I would hope we offer a better pick and get him if that is true.

As mooted way way early in the piece, we're seemingly very hesitant to flirt with GWS players even with the ability to salary dump.

2018's remaining free agents
Collingwood
Jarryd Blair
Tyson Goldsack

Geelong
George Horlin-Smith
Daniel Menzel

Hawthorn
Taylor Duryea
Ryan Schoenmakers
Brendan Whitecross

West Coast
Mark LeCras

Western Bulldogs
Tom Liberatore
Jordan Roughead (restricted)

As mooted way way early in the piece, we're seemingly very hesitant to flirt with GWS players even with the ability to salary dump.
01fd808221c3c9dc07d3c9f5f6c7dd72.gif

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I hope this changes after we get Josh. Joyce’s is way too nice. He speaks reasonably well after the event but I get the feeling most of the other list managers treat him as their b#%^~

I think we are not into Scully because we are saving cap space for Kelly and maybe another FA next year.

I rate Scully but he won’t be cheap. I’m happy with what we achieved this trade period. We recovered well after missing Gaff.
They said his contract was half what he signed for so I guess 500k and pick 51, that’s pretty cheap.

Update:

- Expect has to be linked to Scully in the next day or two. His management will be meeting with Hawks, Saints, us and Carlton. I don’t expect us to play a big part in that, but meeting with his management due to due diligence and all that jazz. (For the record I don’t think he is the right fit for us. Just don’t think he is that good...however he may come quite cheaply. Rumours swirling around that a 2nd or future 2nd will be enough to get it done).

- we inquired about Jordan Roughhead as a back up ruckman/kp player. Lost interest pretty quickly as his asking price was near on 500k.

- Doing a lot of looking and searching for a backup ruck. Billy Longer, Zac Smith, Tom Nichols, Zac Clarke, Archie Smith, Darcy Fort (SANFL) all have been spoken to so I’m told.

- Sydney offered a future 2nd round pick for Mason Wood. Not even entertained.

- As I mentioned in another earlier post We’ve been on the search for an inside mid. Originally we thought Gaff would fill that role, as he indicated to us he wanted more centre square time. Obviously we got knocked back and this is why we had a change of heart with a Dom Tyson.

- Gold Coast time taken up dealing with Steven May situation. That’s why the Hall thing hasn’t been finalised. We are also waiting on GC to sort out their picks. Think we might be trying to throw them a future pick to get a few more picks for this years draft.

- Other than picking up Hall and maybe a few pick swaps I don’t think we’ll be too active for the rest of the trade period.

- Dayne Beams at this stage hasn’t indicated to Brisbane that he wants out. Barrett went waaaaaaaaay too early with that story.

- there will be heaps of pick trading the coming few days. Clubs trying to position themselves for live trading on the night.

- GWS are busting their nut trying to get rid of Finlayson. Not much interest from clubs to take on his 3 year deal.

- Tom Langdon to end up in Sydney.

- Freo playing hard ball big time on Neale. Wanting 2 first round picks. Would not surprise me to see Neale still in Freo colours next year.

- Tim Kelly will be playing for Geelong next year. WC not willing to part with future 1st for him.

:thumbsu:

Only asking, I'm a big Goldy fan but what is behind the Preuss trade, seems to be a win for the recipient.

Update:

- Expect has to be linked to Scully in the next day or two. His management will be meeting with Hawks, Saints, us and Carlton. I don’t expect us to play a big part in that, but meeting with his management due to due diligence and all that jazz. (For the record I don’t think he is the right fit for us. Just don’t think he is that good...however he may come quite cheaply. Rumours swirling around that a 2nd or future 2nd will be enough to get it done).

- we inquired about Jordan Roughhead as a back up ruckman/kp player. Lost interest pretty quickly as his asking price was near on 500k.

- Doing a lot of looking and searching for a backup ruck. Billy Longer, Zac Smith, Tom Nichols, Zac Clarke, Archie Smith, Darcy Fort (SANFL) all have been spoken to so I’m told.

- Sydney offered a future 2nd round pick for Mason Wood. Not even entertained.

- As I mentioned in another earlier post We’ve been on the search for an inside mid. Originally we thought Gaff would fill that role, as he indicated to us he wanted more centre square time. Obviously we got knocked back and this is why we had a change of heart with a Dom Tyson.

- Gold Coast time taken up dealing with Steven May situation. That’s why the Hall thing hasn’t been finalised. We are also waiting on GC to sort out their picks. Think we might be trying to throw them a future pick to get a few more picks for this years draft.

- Other than picking up Hall and maybe a few pick swaps I don’t think we’ll be too active for the rest of the trade period.

- Dayne Beams at this stage hasn’t indicated to Brisbane that he wants out. Barrett went waaaaaaaaay too early with that story.

- there will be heaps of pick trading the coming few days. Clubs trying to position themselves for live trading on the night.

- GWS are busting their nut trying to get rid of Finlayson. Not much interest from clubs to take on his 3 year deal.

- Tom Langdon to end up in Sydney.

- Freo playing hard ball big time on Neale. Wanting 2 first round picks. Would not surprise me to see Neale still in Freo colours next year.

- Tim Kelly will be playing for Geelong next year. WC not willing to part with future 1st for him.

:thumbsu:
Thanks for that RF08. I differ with your opinion regarding Scully. I rate his Gut Running. One of our biggest deficiencies is our inability to run both ways. He would certainly enhance our run. I for one hope we pick up Scully if his ankle is right. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only asking, I'm a big Goldy fan but what is behind the Preuss trade, seems to be a win for the recipient.

Pruess wanted out because he didn’t get any games this year. Melbourne have sold him the idea that they’ll play two rucks next year and he’ll get to learn off the best in the game. They also offered him pretty good coin compared to what he is on here.

Preuss hasn't played a game in 2018. Only 8 the previous year. He is NOT a proven AFL ruckman yet. We aren't prepared to play two of them together.
The only strange thing about this trade is why would he go to Melbourne of all clubs.

I don’t understand how people think Sully isn’t that good.

His 2016 and 17 season were outstanding and if injuries allow him to get back anywhere near that form we should be all over him.
Because there are posters out there that think they know it but if truth be told they still haven't worked out which part of their body is their head and which part of their body is their arse. :stern look

You don’t get Tom Hanks to play you if you aren’t good IMO.

His 2016 and 17 season were outstanding and if injuries allow him to get back anywhere near that form we should be all over him.

I’ll clarify my position. He is a good footballer, just not that damaging. I think Polec is much more suited to us as a wingman due to his longer kicking.

With Scully there isn’t many games that he wins off his own boot. That responsibility usually rests on Ward, Kelly, Whitfield and Coniglio.

However, if the rumours are true and he gets traded for a 2nd round pick we’d be silly not to entertain that.

I’ll clarify my position. He is a good footballer, just not that damaging. I think Polec is much more suited to us as a wingman due to his longer kicking.

With Scully there isn’t many games that he wins off his own boot. That responsibility usually rests on Ward, Kelly, Whitfield and Coniglio.

However, if the rumours are true and he gets traded for a 2nd round pick we’d be silly not to entertain that.

I get your point that he doesn’t rip games apart offensively.
But I would argue that his two way running deep in games can be the difference in winning and losing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back