2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That gap is because Warner isn't at a standard first slip, both catches were too wide for the keeper.

He made the right decision to leave it for Warner.

Warner is at a standard first slip, Paine being too straight makes him look wide. Paine didn't leave those catches, he was wrong footed, stood up and no where near them.

If my footwork was as bad as his is at the moment no way would've I played the first grade cricket I did.

It's not really. From Denly to Bairstow they all average sub 35.

EDIT: Bairstow 36... And he's not in great form.

That's what I was thinking. The aussies feel like they have 2 world class batsman in their side in warner & smith. The poms don't have any.

Maybe not the right thread and CERTAINLY an unpopular opinion but how about Mitch Marsh for Wade next test? Marsh wouldn't be any more useless when we are 50/4 but his fast mediums around about now would be a way better chop out than ******* Gaz in the 10th over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That gap is because Warner isn't at a standard first slip, both catches were too wide for the keeper.

He made the right decision to leave it for Warner.

Don't bother Dez! There are obviously some on here that will criticize Paine regardless of what he does, he could make 100 and you would have some saying, yeah but he got dropped once and had many edges etc....

Hazlewood back on... interesting change to remove Lyon. Didn't want Stokes smashing Lyon around? Denly vulnerable to Hazlewood's nip?
Yeah i wouldn't take a chance with spin given the situation. Although Lyon to Stokes might have been interesting.

Maybe not the right thread and CERTAINLY an unpopular opinion but how about Mitch Marsh for Wade next test? Marsh wouldn't be any more useless when we are 50/4 but his fast mediums around about now would be a way better chop out than ******* Gaz in the 10th over.

I reckon Marsh would average around 10 against this bowling.

If we get a pitch where the bowlers will need to bowl for 2 days then sure think about an all rounder, until then we don't have one worth picking.

Back