2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Reverse racism or positive discrimination?

I’m ok with that. It’s hard enough working out what you’re not allowed to say these days..

Both of those are just euphemisms for racism.

Don't worry, if you say something untoward, plenty of people will happily point it out for you.

Last edited:

I don't seen an issue at all with saying it'd be nice to actually draft some indigenous guys. On average they're much more creative players and we've got plenty of hard nosed guys in the team but very little ability to make something out of nothing.

I don't seen an issue at all with saying it'd be nice to actually draft some indigenous guys. On average they're much more creative players and we've got plenty of hard nosed guys in the team but very little ability to make something out of nothing.

Would it be an issue to say we needed to draft some more white guys? On average they're much more dependable players and we've got plenty of white-nosed guys in the team but very little ability to make nothing out of something.

Would it be an issue to say we needed to draft some more white guys? On average they're much more dependable players and we've got plenty of white-nosed guys in the team but very little ability to make nothing out of something.
Don’t know. First someone would actually have to say we need to draft more white guys. Then another someone would need to decide whether they had an issue with the first person saying it.

It’s an over long trade period really

Weird to say we’re taking a punt on then with late picks though isn’t it.

Sorry dude...this reverse racism card can't be played by white people as they are the main power, and the majority.

I hope you're joking. If not, do you get an indoctrination achievement badge with that line of thinking?

Sorry dude...this reverse racism card can't be played by white people as they are the main power, and the majority.

What if you're from Irish descent? My first ancestors in Australia were a minority that was also oppressed by the british. I'll play whatever card I please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better pay more attention to this thread, seeing how we're getting very involved with the draft
hello darkness my old friend

Serong 3 Kemp 8

R1, 2021

FB: Hore May Jetta
HB: Langdon Lever Tomlinson
C: Whitfield Petracca Harmes
HF: Fritsch Petty Serong
FF: Hunt McDonald Melksham
R: Gawn Oliver Brayshaw

I/C: Salem Kemp Viney Weideman

I honestly can't see us not winning the flag for the next 6 seasons

Lewis retired and Garlett was delisted, but Langdon and Tomlinson filled those spots. Sam Frost then departed.

We have three draft picks so it looks likely two more players will need to go. Stretch and JKH? I think pretty much every other play is signed.

Lewis retired and Garlett was delisted, but Langdon and Tomlinson filled those spots. Sam Frost then departed.

We have three draft picks so it looks likely two more players will need to go. Stretch and JKH? I think pretty much every other play is signed.

Maynard was promoted at some point, so he is off the main list, too. Otherwise we've got a lot of rookie spots available.

Maynard was promoted at some point, so he is off the main list, too. Otherwise we've got a lot of rookie spots available.
I posted it just before in the Trade thread, but instead of comparing the Ins to the Outs, just count the list. Last year we went with 38 (rather than the max 40) on the senior list, and filled with rookies. Rookies that we've now delisted, so we can go back to 40 on the senior list again. We're currently at 37, so that's the mandatory 3 slots for draft picks sorted, with 4 CatA rookies, and 1 CatB.

The AFL website shows us with only two picks ( 3 and 8). Are we required to have three draft picks on the night. Sorry, but not sure how all this works. West Coast only have two also.

The AFL website shows us with only two picks ( 3 and 8). Are we required to have three draft picks on the night. Sorry, but not sure how all this works. West Coast only have two also.
Someone mentioned in the other thread the draft keeps going after the rounds listed on the website. So we can make our third pick at the end of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back