2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

The Suns have come out and said they're keen to trade their way into another top 10 pick. They have 15 and 20 ... would that be enough to get our pick 8? Maybe not quite?
Might get Freo interested, they want Henry evidently and a couple more closer to the 20's.

fu** the Rangers, Glasgow’s green and white as is the whole of Ireland, Mon the bhoys in Green, Celtic Football Club the best darn team in Europe.
Got him! Yes!

54 league titles>50
161 Old Firm Derbies>158
119 Trophies (Most in Europe)> whatever rubbish Tic have cobbled together.

The Blue Sea of Ibrox covers Glasgow and beyond.

But yeah nice to see a couple of Irish lads at the MFC, think a couple of Irish girls signed for the women’s team
Agreed.

The Suns have come out and said they're keen to trade their way into another top 10 pick. They have 15 and 20 ... would that be enough to get our pick 8? Maybe not quite?

Hypothetically, if they surprised everyone and said we can have our choice of Rowell or Anderson in exchange for picks 3 & 8, would we look at it?

What would Topkent do? 🤔😋🍆

Or how about a pick trade with the Suns of pick 1 & 15 for 3 & 8? That gives them their three picks in the top 10, we get our choice of Rowell or Anderson plus a shot at a decent prospect like Gould, Weightman, McAsey etc. Worth considering?

Or how about a pick trade with the Suns of pick 1 & 15 for 3 & 8? That gives them their three picks in the top 10, we get our choice of Rowell or Anderson plus a shot at a decent prospect like Gould, Weightman, McAsey etc. Worth considering?

Why discuss what Gold Coast aren't going to do? #1 and #2 are done and dusted.

Why discuss what Gold Coast aren't going to do? #1 and #2 are done and dusted.

No-one at the Suns has publicly stated that their plans for 1 & 2 are cast in stone. However, they have said they are willing to trade picks in order to secure three selections inside the top 10. Picks 2, 3 and 8 might gave greater appeal to them than 1, 2 and 15. Its a legitimate scenario.

No-one at the Suns has publicly stated that their plans for 1 & 2 are cast in stone. However, they have said they are willing to trade picks in order to secure three selections inside the top 10. Picks 2, 3 and 8 might gave greater appeal to them than 1, 2 and 15. Its a legitimate scenario.

I feel like this is really unlikely. However if it was to be on the table... 100% down for it
More likely to be 2 and 15. Still I think the plan is to keep Anderson and Rowell together as the best mates/culture aspect

Reckon we need to lift our game with Irish recruits. No one of note since Stynes and Wight. It’s really strange we don’t attract more Irish players and supporters, particularly with our light blue away strip, the colours look quite similar to Rangers - every Irishman’s favourite soccer team.
Only if you're of the Orange order.

And why would they come out and say it? Naturally they'll still be interested in ludicrous offers for their top 2 picks, but when retention of players is such a huge issue for them, the little parcel they've been presented by the AFL is one they'd be silly to pass up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And why would they come out and say it? Naturally they'll still be interested in ludicrous offers for their top 2 picks, but when retention of players is such a huge issue for them, the little parcel they've been presented by the AFL is one they'd be silly to pass up.

How is opting for picks 2, 3 & 8 over picks 1,2 & 15 passing up the parcel they’ve been given? And how is idea of it related to player retention when those draftees have yet to even be selected?

How is opting for picks 2, 3 & 8 over picks 1,2 & 15 passing up the parcel they’ve been given? And how is idea of it related to player retention when those draftees have yet to even be selected?

Rowell + Anderson, bestest friends. If you think they'll trade it, great, but I'm not getting into a lengthy conversation over something hypothetical. Sad that there's another month of pick swap speculation before the draft.

Rowell + Anderson, bestest friends. If you think they'll trade it, great, but I'm not getting into a lengthy conversation over something hypothetical. Sad that there's another month of pick swap speculation before the draft.

I think the best friends thing gets overblown a fair bit. Three months into pre-season you’ve got 40 new mates and can catch up with your Melbourne besties a dozen times during a season, then go on October/November benders in Vegas with them a la Swanny and Dusty if that’s your thing. If I were the Suns and were presented with a pick swap which offered the possibility of Rowell, Young and Kemp over Rowell, Anderson and Worrell - I would look at it. Downgrading one spot (2 to 3) for a gain of seven spots (15 to 8) is nothing to be sneezed at.

I think the best friends thing gets overblown a fair bit. Three months into pre-season you’ve got 40 new mates and can catch up with your Melbourne besties a dozen times during a season, then go on October/November benders in Vegas with them a la Swanny and Dusty if that’s your thing. If I were the Suns and were presented with a pick swap which offered the possibility of Rowell, Young and Kemp over Rowell, Anderson and Worrell - I would look at it. Downgrading one spot (2 to 3) for a gain of seven spots (15 to 8) is nothing to be sneezed at.

Probably right, but I think the one that'll drop off out of that list is Rowell (if they gave #1 away, as you had above). Anyway, don't care, I'll wait and see when the draft happens.

Got him! Yes!

54 league titles>50
161 Old Firm Derbies>158

Agreed.
Rangers died in 2012 after they got caught cheating, Sevco fc still waiting for their first trophy.

Here we go for 10 in a row
Here we go for 10 in a row

never understood why MFC seemed to walk away from recruiting Irish lads, was one one the great initiatives but seemingly not something the club has an interest in any longer

Got him! Yes!

54 league titles>50
161 Old Firm Derbies>158

Only one Glasgow club has been champions of Europe.

Got him! Yes!

54 league titles>50
161 Old Firm Derbies>158

I think those league titles belong to a club that is.....dead, much like the 'Old Firm'.

You dressing as a Zombie for Halloween?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back