2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

I never have an issue with players selected because at the end of the day, it’s just opinions and while I don’t agree with some, those are all still really good players. What I do have issues with is players out of position. It’s kind of offensive in a way. Danger should not be in the forward line, he is a midfielder. He should be in the midfield or not at all. They do this every year and it’s annoying. I understand that they aren’t selecting this team with the idea of actually playing someone, but no one thinks of Danger as one of the best forwards of the competition, because that’s not his prime position.

No Gary Albert is a mercenary

Was born at the club, his dad and uncles played at the club, but then he left for money, and tarnished his legacy
His uncle Kevin ABLETT played 2 games for Geelong and Geoff ABLETT did not play for Geelong. Gary ABLETT senior also played for the Hawks. Is Gary ABLETT jnr a mercenary for not playing for the Hawks as well?

Anyway to end this thread off. The All Australian team is now meaningless and will no longer be acknowledged in a player's CV. In the unlikely event of Gary ever making it again, I hope he does a Marlon Brando.

His uncle Kevin ABLETT played 2 games for Geelong and Geoff ABLETT did not play for Geelong. Gary ABLETT senior also played for the Hawks. Is Gary ABLETT jnr a mercenary for not playing for the Hawks as well?
I think Gary was also born at a hospital, not at the club. I could be wrong but I’m skeptical of that claim...

No GAJ is a mercenary because he left the club he was drafted father-son from, that his father played with such distinction for $$$$$$$.

Anyway to end this thread off. The All Australian team is now meaningless and will no longer be acknowledged in a player's CV. In the unlikely event of Gary ever making it again, I hope he does a Marlon Brando.

not likely.

He loves $$$, and it will trigger a contract bonus, so I ams ure he will turn up

Oh yeah I forgot if your dad plays for someone you don’t have a choice but to spend your entire life at that home ground and you need to sleep in the centre circle and do 5 shifts for no pay in the merchandise shop every week or you’re a mercenary.

NO

If your name is GAJ, you have a responsibility to protect your families legacy, the Ablett name at least On the field, at Geelong, needed to be protected.

He was being paid very well at Geelong, but unfortunately he was a mercenary that left for $$$.

I am sure that in time Ablett will admit that this was a big mistake and agree with Bomber Thompson on this issue

Nevertheless, not sure why this is a controversial view, its common sense.

NO

If your name is GAJ, you have a responsibility to protect your families legacy, the Ablett name at least On the field, at Geelong, needed to be protected.

He was being paid very well at Geelong, but unfortunately he was a mercenary that left for $$$.

I am sure that in time Ablett will admit that this was a big mistake and agree with Bomber Thompson on this issue

The fact that it’s Geelong supporters of all people arguing with you says a lot. If you can’t even get us on your side - the supporters that Ablett deserted - then you are probably wrong.

NO

This is the text book definition of a post worthy of the classic Twitter hashtag of #f***offIdiot.

What an absolute w@nk of an effort.

Who the f*** makes these rules?

He was a professional who took a pay rise and a huge risk to his career. If anything the quality of his output at the Gold Coast while fit enhanced his legacy and its only the brain dead who can’t get their heads around it.

How’s your mercanary full forward going by the way?

NO

Can you stop ruining the ******* thread please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn strikes me as the sort of bloke that wouldn't give a s**t about AA nonsense and would rather fly under the radar and just get to work ,deserves that accolade from his peers
Yeah he probably was fishing thats why he missed AA night

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

No GAJ is a mercenary because he left the club he was drafted father-son from, that his father played with such distinction for $$$$$$$.
So Tom Lynch's kids have to play for the Suns otherwise you'd think them mercenaries if they play for anyone else?

So Tom Lynch's kids have to play for the Suns otherwise you'd think them mercenaries if they play for anyone else?
You'll realise one day that he isn't worth responding to.

This is the text book definition of a post worthy of the classic Twitter hashtag of #f***offIdiot.

What an absolute w@nk of an effort.

Who the f*** makes these rules?

He was a professional who took a pay rise and a huge risk to his career. If anything the quality of his output at the Gold Coast while fit enhanced his legacy and its only the brain dead who can’t get their heads around it.

How’s your mercanary full forward going by the way?

No need for that language

Clearly you are to close to the issue and emotional to see this rationally.

Your point on Tom Lynch is hilarious . Lynch actually went to the lowest bidder not the highest and gave up millions to leave the gold coast,

He is actually the opposite of Ablett, he took a pay cut to play in good team. Gaj left a great team to play in a crap team for money . This is why he will always be remembered as a mercenary

No need for that language

Clearly you are to close to the issue and emotional to see this rationally.

Your point on Tom Lynch is hilarious . Lynch actually went to the lowest bidder not the highest and gave up millions to leave the gold coast,

He is actually the opposite of Ablett, he took a pay cut to play in good team. Gaj left a great team to play in a crap team for money . This is why he will always be remembered as a mercenary

Did he not leave on a good deal for something better and leave behind the club who gave him a shot and help him become a star?

No? Because I’m pretty sure he did.

No of course he didn’t. He went to a club that he was tied to by family and will enhance the Lynch legacy at the Tigers like so many of his family before him.

Um, and no, Ablett left to join a new team. You can’t be crap when you don’t exist.

If you’re silly enough to regard a player changing teams as a mercanary in an era where every single team is stacked with two club players, you are literally too silly to debate with.

He left the club that his father and he himself played for with such distinction. Yes he did get paid a lot, he's a professional and has a right to make a living. Then he proved he was the greatest player of all time by improving his game at the worst side in the AFL.

Did he not leave on a good deal for something better and leave behind the club who gave him a shot and help him become a star?

No? Because I’m pretty sure he did.

No of course he didn’t. He went to a club that he was tied to by family and will enhance the Lynch legacy at the Tigers like so many of his family before him.

Um, and no, Ablett left to join a new team. You can’t be crap when you don’t exist.

If you’re silly enough to regard a player changing teams as a mercanary in an era where every single team is stacked with two club players, you are literally too silly to debate with.

Are you serious here comparing Tom Lynch to GAJ ?

Please re read your post above and delete it.

It make no sense and makes you look really silly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back