List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than happy (if he wishes to) for Papley to leave. However we better get compensated especially as he’s under contract. Wood is awful, he’s worth a packet of chips, keep him please.

Mate, I don't have a clue what is going to go down or what price will be asked and given if he ends up at North.

My personal view is that we could do better with pick 7. I'll just wait & see what happens.

Let's just assume for a minute that this is true. Then Sydney are looking for the best deal possible and Papley is open to roos or Carlton. Carlton win this hands down when they offer us pick 8.

Then he ends up at Carlton and life will go on.

Really don't want to lose Papley but make the most of a bad situation, pick 7/8 I'd be happy with. Take Serong and Kemp and set up the next 10 years.

Would be extremely disappointed if Papley leaves.

Really don't want to lose Papley but make the most of a bad situation, pick 7/8 I'd be happy with. Take Serong and Kemp and set up the next 10 years.

Would be extremely disappointed if Papley leaves.

If he’s likely to go after 2020 it’s best to trade this year where we have the bargaining power.

Oh goody, the bigfooty.com trade game is officially off and running

Is this the part where I counter offer with a 3rd round pick for Papley and your 4th round pick, then you come back with a demand for 2 x 1st rounders?
AFL Insider TRADE News
28 June ·
GETTING NERVOUS:
Swans CEO Tom Harley is growing more and more anxious as there are signs and talk that John Longmire is bound to accept North Melbournes gigantic offer, including the fact Longmire hasn’t accepted the swans long term offer that has been on the table for the last month.
#AFLinsider
Image may contain: 1 person

AFL Insider TRADE News
28 June ·
GETTING NERVOUS:
Swans CEO Tom Harley is growing more and more anxious as there are signs and talk that John Longmire is bound to accept North Melbournes gigantic offer, including the fact Longmire hasn’t accepted the swans long term offer that has been on the table for the last month.
#AFLinsider
Image may contain: 1 person

Dunno what your point is mate. This ended when the Swans extended his contract.

He's also a New South Welshman, not a Victorian.

dont trade everyone when you start the trade period

I reckon it's actually a good idea for Sydney to get off to a flyer with this scenario, considering the convoluted trade implications that are to come for others. IMO, they'd be a better chance of getting a better deal early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno what your point is mate. This ended when the Swans extended his contract.

He's also a New South Welshman, not a Victorian.
His point is that the same source proved to be completely wrong on that occasion

His point is that the same source proved to be completely wrong on that occasion

We don't really know that though.

This is just an assumption.

Word around the camp fire here was that Longmire had been approached and took some time to decide.

He will be at Carlton as they will give up there first

He is contracted so it’s our call

North unless it’s there first won’t get him simple as that

I believe it's that simple. Will Carlton drive for a harder deal or not?

My hunch is that the pressure resulting from the recent hype generated about there list will be the deciding factor that sways their admin.

I reckon it's actually a good idea for Sydney to get off to a flyer with this scenario, considering the convoluted trade implications that are to come for others. IMO, they'd be a better chance of getting a better deal early.

I reckon this thread left reality about 225 pages ago when Parish from Essendon first came up

AFL Insider TRADE News
8 October 2018 ·
Dear followers
Due to the heavy scrutiny this page has been getting over the past few weeks, we’ve decided this will be our last year of posting trade news.
We volunteered our spare time to bring you the trade news we all love seeing at this time of year, but too many people on here think they’re experts and can do better than us, well here’s your chance
... See more
No photo description available.

I reckon this thread left reality about 225 pages ago when Parish from Essendon first came up

I can only speak for myself, so if we could work out a trade for a couple of picks in the teens for pick 7 out of something like the Kelly trade, then I would be more than happy to take both of those to the draft, rather than lose pick 7 for Papley alone.

Nothing against the bloke, he's a good player who would get a walk up start in our side, but that's how I rate it from a value perspective.

If the Blues buckle for pick 8 & some chump change for Papley, then rip the deal out of their hands and take off with it.

I can only speak for myself, so if we could work out a trade for a couple of picks in the teens for pick 7 out of something like the Kelly trade, then I would be more than happy to take both of those to the draft rather than lose pick 7 for Papley.

Nothing against the bloke, he's a good player who would get a walk up start in our side, but that's how I rate it from a value perspective.

If the Blues buckle for pick 8 & some chump change for paley, then rip the deal out of their hands and take off with it.

You do know I am not authorised to make trades on behalf of the swans sorry

lukeparkerno1 seems to have some authority but yeah they wont let me near it

You do know I am not authorised to make trades on behalf of the swans sorry

lukeparkerno1 seems to have some authority but yeah they wont let me near it

It's just a discussion mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back