List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalrymple himself said that the pool was disappointing in his podcast as guest last week (May have been week before). Said something like there was no consistency in the ‘star’ players outside of Rowell & Anderson (and May have eluded that they weren’t setting the world on fire in the champs).
Maybe Rowell and Anderson are tanking so that they don't have to go to Carlton.

Dalrymple himself said that the pool was disappointing in his podcast as guest last week (May have been week before). Said something like there was no consistency in the ‘star’ players outside of Rowell & Anderson (and May have eluded that they weren’t setting the world on fire in the champs).

The top 2 were clearly above everyone else. It's why if a club has pick 1 or 2, it would take a beyond exceptional deal to trade it. You think paying overs will be enough- it won't. A club will try you watch, but whether it's accepted is another thing. Can see someone trying to get Adelaide's pick 1-3.

Adelaide the city is the Carlton of Australia.

Doubt Adelaide will have a top 2 pick. Carlton have some very winnable games coming home. Play Gold Coast soon, and the tanking Dees this week.

The top 2 were clearly above everyone else. It's why if a club has pick 1 or 2, it would take a beyond exceptional deal to trade it. You think paying overs will be enough- it won't. A club will try you watch, but whether it's accepted is another thing. Can see someone trying to get Adelaide's pick 1-3.
Well, clearly not with neither of them winning the Larke Medal, that honour went to Deven Robertson from WA!

Well, clearly not with neither of them winning the Larke Medal, that honour went to Deven Robertson from WA!

I'm confident in saying it will be the Rwell and Anderson draft. However there are some other very solid mids and KPP's. I just hope we don't take a defender first round!

I'm confident in saying it will be the Rwell and Anderson draft. However there are some other very solid mids and KPP's. I just hope we don't take a defender first round!
Most people would agree, including myself, but needed to point out that those two players were not the standouts in the champs, which is pretty much what Dalrymple said prior to the games this week. Again, no consistency like previous years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the 1 millionth time, Carlton don’t have the first or second pick.

Their first pick is likely to be 14 plus as they traded it to Adelaide last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks mate, knew that but forgot when posting. Appreciate the snarky bullshit tone though, shove it up your clacker.

Thanks mate, knew that but forgot when posting. Appreciate the snarky bulls**t tone though, shove it up your clacker.

It's understandable I guess, given we are so used to them getting high picks

We will get a higher pick than usual. If Jones wants out we could trade up.
Going by our recent trades well probably trade up two spots on our third pick.

Brandon Ellis has put off contract talk. 3 Vic clubs chasing him with some interstate clubs watching closely. Hope we are one of them.

Pass. Cannot see an upside. Our three trades last time brought in depth players. None are Best 22. No more thanks

Kemp has finally been moved mid for VC and looked exceptional. Unfortunately draft stocks rising so probably need to trade up for him.

Flanders is great inside mid but butchers it without space.

Schorenberg looms a very likely inside/outside mid type. First rounder but bit of a reach at our probable pick.

Serong looks good to go as a mid. Has decent skills and a killer instinct.

Likely top 10 or so:

1. Anderson
2. Rowell
3. Young
4. Gould
5. Serong
6. Kemp
7. Green
8. Williams
9. Ash
10. Taheny
11. Sharp