List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Were you not hugged as a child... so negative... 2 years is better than nothing
All three (Rankine, Luko and King) are here for another 3 years. As still emerging talent, that's about the norm. If you're Grundy etc, sure you can go for multi year contracts but not at 19 years of age. If we aren't competitive after 3 years of these guys plus Rowell, Anderson and who knows what we'll get in the future, then it'd be only reasonable to assume some will head to greener pastures.

Personally, I think we can challenge for finals in 2021.
I think 2021 we are around 8-10 wins.

I honestly think 2020 will be another rough year, perhaps around 5 wins but more competitive than this year.

2022, I think we are well in the finals picture if we continue our improvement.

“I find this really interesting. One of the reasons why he wasn’t interested, or turned his back on the possibility of going back to Adelaide in the short-term, was that he’d spoken to (Port Adelaide’s) Connor Rozee and he said he can’t go out for dinner anywhere in Adelaide because he gets mobbed.

“It’s not such a great thing. He’s (Rozee) not enjoying that part of his life in Adelaide so much.

I think 2021 we are around 8-10 wins.

I honestly think 2020 will be another rough year, perhaps around 5 wins but more competitive than this year.

2022, I think we are well in the finals picture if we continue our improvement.

A decent run with injuries, and I can see 8-10 wins plus next year. The start of 2019 we were very competitive and hard to play against. just need a Lions 2019 type run with injuries which we have not had since our inception... but we are certainly due!

Key for us is having Collins AND Thompson both holding down the backline and playing well. It was so deflating going into games knowing Hombsch / Ballard (who both had great seasons) were playing on the oppositions Key Forwards.

A decent run with injuries, and I can see 8-10 wins plus next year. The start of 2019 we were very competitive and hard to play against. just need a Lions 2019 type run with injuries which we have not had since our inception... but we are certainly due!

Key for us is having Collins AND Thompson both holding down the backline and playing well. It was so deflating going into games knowing Hombsch / Ballard (who both had great seasons) were playing on the oppositions Key Forwards.
Yes it absolutely is. Really vital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on the re-signing of Luko.
Such great news for you guys.
Bring in those 2 young gun mids this year and you guys really are putting together a nice core.
And the great thing is it seems like the guys can see this and want to stick around together. 👏👏

They would definitely give what we wanted for Martin now, maybe with some steak knives too.
When does the final draft order get announced. My guess is that that would have to factor the rookie elevations (which have yet to be announced by many clubs) to get the amount of available list spots and then compile it from there. We would only have five picks if Holman stays where he is

When does the final draft order get announced. My guess is that that would have to factor the rookie elevations (which have yet to be announced by many clubs) to get the amount of available list spots and then compile it from there. We would only have five picks if Holman stays where he is

No more live trading of picks now until the draft. So the draft order is set until then

Hope we re- sign Evans on a long term deal - he has been momentous in his earnest and staunch direction for the club. He appears to genuinely strive to drive the club forward as a leader with deep connection to the Suns plight not just a pay packet awaiting future AFL promotion.
Or if he leaves at least use him to replace Gilligan as AFL head honcho. One of the smartest operators in the league IMO.

Or if he leaves at least use him to replace Gilligan as AFL head honcho. One of the smartest operators in the league IMO.
He'd make an excellent CEO of the AFL. Genuinely nice person too unlike arrogant Gil.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back