List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't, I'm taking a somewhat of an educated guess in reference to his body fat percentage.

I'm all for drafting him but he is gonna shred weight this summer at some club and I think he will learn alot on becoming a professional athlete too
How do you know whether that's his natural weight or not? Maybe his body fat % isn't that much and he's just a ball of muscle.

Skinny flankers that take 5 years to put on any weight seem to be our preference anyway.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just listening to the SuperFooty podcast and their review of the trade period and the bloke from Champion Data said that we should use all 4 picks on midfielders given how bad our midfield is ranked.

If that was what the club did who would we pick at 15 and 20 that would fit the midfielder bill? Thinking we need more outside run as opposed to inside grunt, given Rowell is a given.

Just listening to the SuperFooty podcast and their review of the trade period and the bloke from Champion Data said that we should use all 4 picks on midfielders given how bad our midfield is ranked.

If that was what the club did who would we pick at 15 and 20 that would fit the midfielder bill? Thinking we need more outside run as opposed to inside grunt, given Rowell is a given.
Doesn’t account for natural growth though, it just uses data over the last 2 seasons so guys who should be big contributors next year (ie. Brodie, Macpherson, Bowes, Ainsworth, Rankine etc) will be considered very bad, and guys like Fiorini who had a big year this year will also be considered below average based on their development year in 2018. Our midfield needs Rowell and Anderson and that is it. Developing kpd or small defender is our biggest gap right now

Doesn’t account for natural growth though, it just uses data over the last 2 seasons so guys who should be big contributors next year (ie. Brodie, Macpherson, Bowes, Ainsworth, Rankine etc) will be considered very bad, and guys like Fiorini who had a big year this year will also be considered below average based on their development year in 2018. Our midfield needs Rowell and Anderson and that is it. Developing kpd or small defender is our biggest gap right now
We do need outside speed. Not sure Weller is up to being a mid, Rankine will play mainly forward, everyone else are fairly slow.
Just a bit of top notch speed won’t hurt

Gould I think we should definitely take if available
If he hasn't been taken by pick 13 could we trade 15 + a future for pick 13 - be worried that Geelong would take him as a replacement for Harry Taylor.

If we could get Gould + one of Rivers / Day / Sharp + Rowell and Anderson I'd be pretty happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The microscope will be on McPherson, Bowes, Ainsworth and Fiorini in 2020. Rankine is effectively a first year player and Brodie hasn't reached the same level of experience as these four. Our mid field is and has been poor and it's these 4 young players that must lift to elite levels to hold their spots in the middle. I still believe Ainsworth will end up around half forward, hopefully Bowes holds down a mid spot and McPherson - not sure where he fits with Rowell, Anderson, Greenwood and one more big body around the packs. Exciting times if we get it right.

The microscope will be on McPherson, Bowes, Ainsworth and Fiorini in 2020. Rankine is effectively a first year player and Brodie hasn't reached the same level of experience as these four. Our mid field is and has been poor and it's these 4 young players that must lift to elite levels to hold their spots in the middle. I still believe Ainsworth will end up around half forward, hopefully Bowes holds down a mid spot and McPherson - not sure where he fits with Rowell, Anderson, Greenwood and one more big body around the packs. Exciting times if we get it right.
...and I forgot Swallow who has to be in there as well.

I still think we are one gun mid away from being a decent AFL team, I think we are dicing with danger if all our chips are on improvement from youth to elevate us.

Given trade season has come and gone there are not many options remaining but gambling on the youth you have or drafting the next worpedo.

Given trade season has come and gone there are not many options remaining but gambling on the youth you have or drafting the next worpedo.
Yeah totally, without knowing the ins and outs of the discussions that were happening it is hard to come to a solid conclusion, I would have just liked us to pick up one more good to very good mid.

Overall, however, I think our best 22 has improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back