List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

IF Burchill was guaranteed to play 17+ games, he would be worth it, but his injuries are just too much of a risk.
Next year, he would be behind Thompson, Collins, Hombsh, Ballard, Lukosius. Even Graham would be probably getting games into him ahead of him.

Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Pending Update
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Restricted Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Non-Free Agent
Restricted Free Agent

These are our unsigned players according to Footywire, a few interesting names there that could be moved on and kept.
Hanley told me he is contracted for 2020.

I can't see the point in recruiting players we don't think can play at a reasonable level in the 1sts. Birchall & Puopolo don't appeal to me. Burgoyne & Smith do.
The reserves certainly need some senior bodies to help keep structures and game plan. I'm under the impression the club is looking for extra list space and cap space so we can field a more competitive neafl side to develop players.

Next year, he would be behind Thompson, Collins, Hombsh, Ballard, Lukosius. Even Graham would be probably getting games into him ahead of him.

Birchall is a rebounding defender.

Those you have listed are key or 3rd tall defenders.

Smith & Burgoyne would be better suited though if we can convince them.

The reserves certainly need some senior bodies to help keep structures and game plan. I'm under the impression the club is looking for extra list space and cap space so we can field a more competitive neafl side to develop players.
Idiot Gillon has already said this week that he is strongly against Suns getting extra salary cap. It would be against his great equalisation scheme.

I wonder if we will throw Wylie Buzza a lifeline as a Crossley replacement.

Similar players, but unfortunately Crossley has the greater potential 😢

Idiot Gillon has already said this week that he is strongly against Suns getting extra salary cap. It would be against his great equalisation scheme.
All clubs are equal however some clubs are more equal than others. FFS we have to pay overs too players to keep and attract them and the big 4 do not. F me Gill that is not a even playing field. Does he even know what equalisation means.

WB has improved this year yet cant get a go... Crossley's situation changes it..probably no cost dice roll..

Yeh, it would probably be worth bringing big Wylie in for a couple of seasons to continue to develop as a back-up fwd/ruck. Pretty much a local lad. Low cost, low risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, it would probably be worth bringing big Wylie in for a couple of seasons to continue to develop as a back-up fwd/ruck. Pretty much a local lad. Low cost, low risk.

He is no Ben King but he really has been playing well enough to get more of a go ... I guess it just gets back to where they all fit .. 2mp, BK , Day .. Buzza is not a small guy. When I have watched he actually has played reasonably down back as well..

He is no Ben King but he really has been playing well enough to get more of a go ... I guess it just gets back to where they all fit .. 2mp, BK , Day .. Buzza is not a small guy. When I have watched he actually has played reasonably down back as well..
QLD boy

Cripps signs a massive deal with Nike

The same Nike that sponsor the Bloos and I bet none of it is in the salary cap, the salary cap is a joke
That’s pretty standard across many sports.

Nike might be the kit sponsor for Carlton, but that doesn’t dictate all Carlton players wear nike boots.

And in the scheme of things, it’s dwarfed but the multimillion dollar contracts US college kids sign with shoe sponsors when turning professional.

This is genuinely something no one should whinge about.

Players are allowed to make what ever sponsorship deals they can.

Nike might be the kit sponsor for Carlton, but that doesn’t dictate all Carlton players wear nike boots.

And in the scheme of things, it’s dwarfed but the multimillion dollar contracts US college kids sign with shoe sponsors when turning professional.

I think the issue is. The teams in Victoria get more exposure and thus more chances for these type of sponsorships and can get paid outside the cap where as north of the border we can't provide the same media and sponsorship deals

Last edited:

When sponsorship is biased to one state in particular then I feel yes it is unfair

Day - 27yo - fwd/ruck
Wright - 23yo - fwd/ruck
Buzza - 23yo - fwd/ruck
(Crossley - 19yo - fwd/ruck - future unknown)
King - 19yo - fwd/def

I think Buzza would give us solid injury cover - also handy list back up incase King packs his bag in 2020?

Well...Dale Thomas WANTS to play in 2020,32 disposals last week against Richmond and has played 18 Games this year!?

I will try to find it. I believe it was in one of his interviews on Coniglio.
If true I truly do ******* hate Gil. I don't normally hate on CEOs like most people just because they're successful as I'm also in the business world. However from my point of view he's an awful CEO, weak as piss. I can't wait for him to be replaced.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Well...Dale Thomas WANTS to play in 2020,32 disposals last week against Richmond and has played 18 Games this year!?

I reckon if we miss out on Burgoyne, his name will certainly pop up. As will Birchalls. As did McVeigh. Seems like Dew wants his general in defence. And only so many suitable candidates?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back