Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've been hearing Dixon is 3 months away from playing. Really could make his entire year a write off.

Why so long?

Why so long?
Cause it wasn't just a broken leg. He had a ankle reconstruction also, and had a minor set back when he started running on it. I doubt he'd be three months away, Hinkley said yesterday in his presser likely 4-6. The healing time with the injury he had is massive so bound to be a issue or two along the way.

PORT ADELAIDE forward Charlie Dixon has had minor surgery after a slight set back in his recovery from a leg injury suffered late last season.

Dixon landed awkwardly in the Round 21 match against West Coast in August, fracturing his fibula and damaging ligaments in his right ankle.

On Tuesday afternoon he saw a surgeon who recommended a minor clean out of the ankle under arthroscope.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-03-20/injury-update-minor-surgery-for-dixon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When fit Dixon is a damn good player, under rated by so many.

We’re a much better side with him up and firing.

Yep but how would we rate his time here as a whole? Doesnt help playing a game style thats hell for a forward but looking a bit underwhelming overall.

This is the one year if we are going to be playing this more attacking game that dixon would have benefited with the ball coming into the foward line quicker and not hap hazardly. Lets hope he can play a few games in the back half of the season

Yep but how would we rate his time here as a whole? Doesnt help playing a game style thats hell for a forward but looking a bit underwhelming overall.

Hard to put a number on it, certainly a pretty good pass. In his first year he broke his career record for most games in a year then in 2017 he was being touted as (along with Ryder) being the one of best big men in the game (on form) probably didn't back that up last year, but the way we played contributed.

I expect him to be one of the forwards who benefit most from the new rules, his biggest problem was s**t delivery and being double or triple teamed. He is one of the best 1v1 players in the game, factor in our more aggressive game plan and 1v1 contests and i expect him to thrive. Hopefully theinjury doesnt ruin his whole year.

Hard to put a number on it, certainly a pretty good pass. In his first year he broke his career record for most games in a year then in 2017 he was being touted as (along with Ryder) being the one of best big men in the game (on form) probably didn't back that up last year, but the way we played contributed.

I expect him to be one of the forwards who benefit most from the new rules, his biggest problem was s**t delivery and being double or triple teamed. He is one of the best 1v1 players in the game, factor in our more aggressive game plan and 1v1 contests and i expect him to thrive. Hopefully theinjury doesnt ruin his whole year.

Still couldn't mark the ball or kick straight for a lot of that time. Other than that I agree with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back