• Richard Marles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Joel Fitzgibbon

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a great quick interview with her, discussing a book she co-authored. Has a very long term view on public policy, and some really great ideas about how to give a more direct platform to constituents voices in question time.

Again, and this is from a couple of people that have had direct contact because they are part of the Hotham electorate, she is great at interacting with voters and constituents and is really good at messaging, in a way that doesn't alienate one segment of voters, despite being quite direct and passionate.
And you believe she's the one who is going to help win back the voters who feel that the ALP has turned their back on traditional Labor values in the country and the outer metropolitan suburbs? If you think so.

Seriously? Well why don't you enlighten me then, seeing you're the impudent expert.
Hardly an expert.

I just know the electorate, which is very working class, a mix of students, a lot of oldies (Greek, Russian, Indian migrants), with a blend of both conservatives and academic types. Have heard some really good things, which is why I mentioned her name yesterday, before todays rumours started.

Dandenong isn't "inner city lefty" Melbourne, it's pretty damn rough and ready. So if she can jump from Mayor of Dandenong at such a young age, to a seat like Hotham which includes parts of Oakleigh, Clayton etc., and is diverse and straddles all types, from a large elderly and migrant community, lots of knockabout types, students, the lot, it suggests she's a competent member who knows how to deal with the actual public, not just the base.

And you believe she's the one who is going to help win back the voters who feel that the ALP has turned their back on traditional Labor values in the country and the outer metropolitan suburbs? If you think so.
Errrrrrrrrrr you absolute donkey, where do you think the greater city of Dandenong is located?

Where do you think the electorate of Hotham sits? Clayton, Oakleigh etc. ain't inner city.

I know where the electorate of Hotham is. it's one of the safest Labor seats in the country.
Don't need to get your hands dirty there with that nasty electioneering business.
lol

Shifting goal posts mate. First you were talking about outer suburban working class Australia. It's a similarly diverse and working class makeup to a lot of Western Sydney.

Errrrrrrrrrr you absolute donkey, where do you think the greater city of Dandenong is located?

Where do you think the electorate of Hotham sits? Clayton, Oakleigh etc. ain't inner city.
Look I'm happy for you to think that she would make a great Labor leader.
Personally, I think she isn't the candidate the ALP needs at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't he Wayne Swan's chief of staff or something? Hardly what Australians want to be reminded of...Wayne Swan...
Rudd called him a crybaby. Gee Rudd can be as vicious as Latham, but crybaby Chalmers rolls off the tongue in a disturbingly Trumpian way. Don't just pick a bloke because he comes from Queensland.

There's a great quick interview with her, discussing a book she co-authored. Has a very long term view on public policy, and some really great ideas about how to give a more direct platform to constituents voices in question time.

Again, and this is from a couple of people that have had direct contact because they are part of the Hotham electorate, she is great at interacting with voters and constituents and is really good at messaging, in a way that doesn't alienate one segment of voters, despite being quite direct and passionate.
Uh-oh, if she wants to talk policy she’s no chance

I don't mind Marles. He has some experience. I didn't catch his show with Pyne though. Was it a shambles?
Experience at what?

very ordinary union hack who forced his way into an unloseable seat, reads books on Curtin, daydreams about being the great leader and has done nothing for his seat or the country.

Back