Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I said it about Neale, but I can't see Shill leaving. How would he look Brad in the eye?
I am sure you are right, but it is an interesting contract for him. Maybe Fremantle don't offer as long a contract given his injuries, and offer a 2 year deal, whereas GCSs could put a 5 year deal in front of him.

I am sure you are right, but it is an interesting contract for him. Maybe Fremantle don't offer as long a contract given his injuries, and offer a 2 year deal, whereas GCSs could put a 5 year deal in front of him.
A real possibility (it not a good idea for GC). Still don't think he would do it. If Brad wasn't here then fair enough.

A real possibility (it not a good idea for GC). Still don't think he would do it. If Brad wasn't here then fair enough.

Surely their list management isn't so bad that they'd offer a 4-5 year deal to a guy thats really struggled to string together consistent footy for almost three years now.

This S.Hill to Gold Coast is a classic, we’ll come after your player. I think we are into Jack Martin. That’s my read.
I think that might have made sense historically, but they seem to have changed their tune with players that want to leave. They are prepared to ship them off in favour of blokes that want to stay. I like it from their perspective.

I also think Shilly would be great for them. I think the story is legit.

I think that might have made sense historically, but they seem to have changed their tune with players that want to leave. They are prepared to ship them off in favour of blokes that want to stay. I like it from their perspective.

I also think Shilly would be great for them. I think the story is legit.
Yeah gotta remember dews from the Sydney philosophy school of coaching where they value experience and leadership .
It’d be legit
(Plus Brisbane prying lachie from us has prob given them some sort of confidence it can be done, especially if you offer enough coin)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the chances of the Dogs letting go of English a slim to none and I also think we are very little chance of getting Kelly given how last year played out, but I like doing this hypothetical trades.

So before going into this I dont want to be trading Darcy, few rucks have an impact the way he has in his first few years. Injury permitting, he'll be a 200-250 game ruckman by the end of his career which doesnt happen to often.

Now, Darcy isnt going anywhere if we arent getting English in return, something I doubt but that's the pre-cursor.

As far as I'm concerned, Darcy is contracted to 2022 so he gets extra value since we arent letting him go unless we are happy. English is also contracted at the Dogs till next year so we'd need to offer proper value there

Freo:
Out 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2020 1st, Darcy
In: Kelly, English, WB 2019 3rd

WB:
In: 2020 First, 2019 2nd
Out: English, 2019 3rd

Geelong
Out: Kelly
In: Darcy, 2019 first

Am I shafting anyone here? I'm sure Bulldogs fans would think they would be getting shafted but if English WANTs to head home then I think that is fair value for a ruck that has shown a lot potential but done not much (if that makes sense)

Last edited:
He’d be steak knives on current form. Not worth including him and important from a list management point of view.

I’d prefer 2x 1st rounders with 2x 2nd rounders coming back.
I think everyone around here is under-valuing what he's doing as a 21 year-old ruck.

First game he drew level with Goldy until he got a bad cork. Couldnt run the next week. Spent the next run of games being injured or at WAFL where he appeared to be the best ruck on the ground each game. I think most people would say Darcy is easily the best ruck in the WAFL and he's 21...

The best thing, again, about all these trade scenarios is that we hold all the cards:

Our players are contracted.
Kelly wants back to WA
Suns want Hill
We're not chasing anything

Like the last two seasons, if anyone wants to deal with us we have the leverage and given how we've performed at the trade table recently, I have total faith in our team to secure the best deal for the club.

We won't be paying overvalue for anyone and won't be losing talent undervalue.

Sit back and enjoy the next trade period fellas :)

I think everyone around here is under-valuing what he's doing as a 21 year-old ruck.

First game he drew level with Goldy until he got a bad cork. Couldnt run the next week. Spent the next run of games being injured or at WAFL where he appeared to be the best ruck on the ground each game. I think most people would say Darcy is easily the best ruck in the WAFL and he's 21...
Spot on

Also on Darcy, I personally believe he was being held out of the team as much because of our fwdline as anything. Victim of circumstance.

Hogan has to play, Lobb has to play, Taberner was in the form of his life.

We realised pretty early that we cant play all three of these guys in the forwardline together.

And they are/were all undroppable.

So, Darcy gets injured and Lobb moves back to the ruck permanently, does ok. Forwardline also seems to be working better. So we dont want to put Lobb back there while we have Tabs and Hogan also up there.

Tabs gets injured and as Ross said, Darcy was coming straight back in, but of course, Darcy gets injured as well

I think the chances of the Dogs letting go of English a slim to none and I also think we are very little chance of getting Kelly given how last year played out, but I like doing this hypothetical trades.

So before going into this I dont want to be trading Darcy, few rucks have an impact the way he has in his first few years. Injury permitting, he'll be a 200-250 game ruckman by the end of his career which doesnt happen to often.

Now, Darcy isnt going anywhere if we arent getting English in return, something I doubt but that's the pre-cursor.

As far as I'm concerned, Darcy is contracted to 2022 so he gets extra value since we arent letting him go unless we are happy. English is also contracted at the Dogs till next year so we'd need to offer proper value there

Freo:
Out 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2020 1st, Darcy
In: Kelly, English, WB 2019 3rd

WB:
In: 2020 First, 2019 2nd
Out: English, 2019 3rd

Geelong
Out: Kelly
In: Darcy, 2019 first

Am I shafting anyone here? I'm sure Bulldogs fans would think they would be getting shafted but if English WANTs to head home then I think that is fair value for a ruck that has shown a lot potential but done not much (if that makes sense)

Think that's a fair trade for Kelly (considering what they were asking for last year), but English I'd do a first rounder, or a second and third package. Conversely I'd probably do a straight swap for the ruckmen, and try a 2019 first and 2020 second for Kelly considering WC dont look like being able to match.

Yeh I disagree. Darcy is a lot better than steak knives.
Pretty sure I read something that redo his draft year he would go No. 1. Easier to get him fitter than trying to put weight on a
beanpole.
Also guy likes the physical stuff, we need protection for our mids.
That and at Peel he has kicked goals, in a few years he will dominate the comp, with Sandi's
Guidance of coarse.

Think that's a fair trade for Kelly (considering what they were asking for last year), but English I'd do a first rounder, or a second and third package. Conversely I'd probably do a straight swap for the ruckmen, and try a 2019 first and 2020 second for Kelly considering WC dont look like being able to match.
I dont think a future 1st will cut if for a contracted English.

They are discounted generally and Dogs would expect us to rise further up the ladder next year.

If you ask most Dogs supporters, I'm sure they would want a mid-late first and 2nd at minimum

Pretty sure I read something that redo his draft year he would go No. 1. Easier to get him fitter than trying to put weight on a
beanpole.
Also guy likes the physical stuff, we need protection for our mids.
That and at Peel he has kicked goals, in a few years he will dominate the comp, with Sandi's
Guidance of coarse.
You’re correct. I thought that was a bit of stretch but time will tell. Darcy’s weakness imo is his marking around the ground, but so was sandi when he was young. Going to be a very good player. Everyone is going to scoff, but I’ve been told cripps and silvagni (Stephen) will be in purple by 2021.

You’re correct. I thought that was a bit of stretch but time will tell. Darcy’s weakness imo is his marking around the ground, but so was sandi when he was young. Going to be a very good player. Everyone is going to scoff, but I’ve been told cripps and silvagni (Stephen) will be in purple by 2021.
Indeed, I scoffed, unless your source is actually in the Freo squad or a Senior Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back