Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Come on.. are you serious?

Brad Hill will likely be AA this yeAr. In no way shape or form would I trade him for a player with a massive concussion history. Gus had a great 2018, but hasn’t backed it up this year. I’m sure you recall he started 2018 outside the best 22 and once he made the team was great. His drop in form this year is part of the reason you’ve gone backwards.

The Hill vs Brayshaw one is pretty interesting.

I think even Melbourne supporters would admit he didnt deserve to go top 3 brownlow last year but it was a very good year. He's also not a very good user and Hill is. He's also younger which makes a different.

Personally, given how good Hill has been since coming to Freo a straight swap wouldnt be fair off

Brad Hill will likely be AA this yeAr. In no way shape or form would I trade him for a player with a massive concussion history. Gus had a great 2018, but hasn’t backed it up this year. I’m sure you recall he started 2018 outside the best 22 and once he made the team was great. His drop in form this year is part of the reason you’ve gone backwards.

Understandable. But a few points here:

- Brad Hill is requesting a trade here. Meaning there is less bargaining power. Take that into consideration.
- Having Gus in there is a domino effect on Andrew Brayshaw. Solidifies that you could potentially sign them both up to longer-term deals. Do their stocks and abilities rise playing with each other?
- This year, Angus has been playing wing and more out of the contest due to our plethora of inside see ball get ball mids. You play Gus as in inside mid where he belongs, he will reproduce his 2018 3rd in brownlow form.

Take all of those points into consideration and you start to see that the trade has legs.

My final offer:

- Gus and a 3rd rounder
for:
- Hill and your 2nd rounder.

Let's get it done fellas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Brad Hill is requesting a trade here. Meaning there is less bargaining power. Take that into consideration.
- Having Gus in there is a domino effect on Andrew Brayshaw. Solidifies that you could potentially sign them both up to longer-term deals. Do their stocks and abilities rise playing with each other?
- This year, Angus has been playing wing and more out of the contest due to our plethora of inside see ball get ball mids. You play Gus as in inside mid where he belongs, he will reproduce his 2018 3rd in brownlow form.

Take all of those points into consideration and you start to see that the trade has legs.

My final offer:

- Gus and a 3rd rounder
for:

wot

My final offer:

- Gus and a 3rd rounder
for:

Hill’s contracted.

I wouldn’t trade him for a top 5 pick.

I wouldn’t trade for injury prone players either, and Gus certainly falls in that category. Why would you guys remove him from his best role other than protecting his brain?

Hill’s contracted.

I wouldn’t trade him for a top 5 pick.

I wouldn’t trade for injury prone players either, and Gus certainly falls in that category. Why would you guys remove him from his best role other than protecting his brain?

Because we have no outside mids and he's the one I'd choose to play there over Viney and Oliver. That's why I want Hill :'(

Final offer:

- Brayshaw for Hill.

You would say no considering my above points?

Not only would that be incredibly stupid, but player for player Hill is better, so you'd be coughing up the extra pick. Also no thanks. I know this board has a hard on for Gus.....but him for Hill? Puh-lease

Interesting. The majority of mutuals I spoke to agreed a straight swap would be fair for both parties. I understand the knock on Gus vs Hill, you're giving up speed, endurance and great disposal for a hard inside mid that can get the scoreboard. Thought maybe would be quite fair for both parties considering Gus did finish 3rd in the brownlow last year and he's 3 years younger.

Interesting. The majority of mutuals I spoke to agreed a straight swap would be fair for both parties. I understand the knock on Gus vs Hill, you're giving up speed, endurance and great disposal for a hard inside mid that can get the scoreboard. Thought maybe would be quite fair for both parties considering Gus did finish 3rd in the brownlow last year and he's 3 years younger.
The third in the brownlow, to me personally means ziilch. I rate Oliver and Neale much higher. Gus has finished above them, but no club would choose him over those two.

Pretty sure Sturt didn't play in the championships, I don't think he was even on anyone's radars then. Think he was playing in the private school league then got a call up to the colts/TAC level towards the end of the year where he stood out.
Yes you are right. he was drafted on the basis of his teac/colts form.

Brad Hill is requesting a trade here. Meaning there is less bargaining power. Take that into consideratio
This is irrelevant, player consent is required for a trade. Him not asking for a trade doesn't mean Freo can demand a higher price and force it through.

Your first pick will do fine. Currently #3. See how the trades for Neale and Weller went down for precedent on required players leaving to clubs with top draft picks in their hands.

He is contracted for two years. End of story.

Last edited:
Not only would that be incredibly stupid, but player for player Hill is better, so you'd be coughing up the extra pick. Also no thanks. I know this board has a hard on for Gus.....but him for Hill? Puh-lease
OMG THANK GOD YOUR QUOTING IS FIXED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back