2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the AFL will look into Port making decisions based on PR rather than what's best for the team's chance of winning games

From the AFL website:

Hinkley said while he believed the co-captaincy model was the best thing for the football team, the wishes of the club's supporters needed to be considered.

"What you have to always consider is this is a whole-of-football-club decision, this is not just one part of the football program," Hinkley said.

I wonder if the AFL will look into Port making decisions based on PR rather than what's best for the team's chance of winning games

From the AFL website:

Hinkley said while he believed the co-captaincy model was the best thing for the football team, the wishes of the club's supporters needed to be considered.

"What you have to always consider is this is a whole-of-football-club decision, this is not just one part of the football program," Hinkley said.
The AFL would endorse it. They would be more interested in Port making money than winning games of footy.

Sounds like liddle is a visionary unlike many on the carlton bf boards :D

It's history repeating. All that carry on about a long term plan and sticking to the process. They've jumped at shadows and had decision makers making reactionary decisions. Again. They're going nowhere fast.

Jonas to be named sole captain for Port for next year. Once you break with tradition it can never be unbroken.
Given the club has lost its last 4 GFs that tradition is well and truly broken. Has Port ever lost 4 GFs in its history.

Given the club has lost its last 4 GFs that tradition is well and truly broken. Has Port ever lost 4 GFs in its history.

They have only played in two, won one lost one.

Edit: Did you mean in the reserves comp? That's the the Magpies, they have a different club song to Port Power as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put FoxFooty on and watch the last quarter of a great match. 2017 EF. Great result. I remember yelling with joy watching this classic.
You can see a blob shaped like me over Texs shoulder waving 2 flags high up in the grandstand

North set to appoint Scott Clayton as list manager. What the hell is wrong with that club ?? Do they want to be terrible forever ??

Can’t believe he’s been given the keys to a club’s list again. His trading with West Coast while working for the Suns, only to then leave the Suns to head to the Eagles, was a disgrace.

Can’t believe he’s been given the keys to a club’s list again. His trading with West Coast while working for the Suns, only to then leave the Suns to head to the Eagles, was a disgrace.
The guy is a joke. The guys on this board that follow the under age stuff would build a better list than he could. The guy is a donkey.

From a quick count and not including war time mergers Port have lost 38 grand finals. A 8-14 losing record to Norwood and a 4-6 losing record to Sturt

The only bad thing about the whitfield deal is the 7 year contracts that other players will now hold us to ransom to when undeserved
Anyone suggested dollars involved?? I have yet to see it mentioned. There could be 2 parts to this. He could have a long contract to help manage cap to allow them to go all in for the now, or Whitfield could have taken slightly less p.a. but received a long contract as he has been rather injury prone.

It's on record that he has an AFL ambassadorship. So in reality he is receiving money from the AFL outside the salary cap.
Coniglio has been a multi cultural ambassador in Western Sydney since he was 19

Case closed I guess no further evidence is needed that the AFL are paying him “a bucket load on the side”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back