2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delidio announcing his retirement at seasons end. Fingers Crossed this means the Giants lift for them on the weekend against the Doggies.

That's shaping up to be a monster game in the coarse of this season!
Hes not playing in it I don't think.

They're teetering on the edge with all their injuries.

So I hear that Roughhead is getting a farewell game for Hawthorn. This the same ruthless Club and Coach that won’t gift games to players? Shame on them.

If we had someone of Roughead's ilk (multiple-premiership star.. of which we have zero) and were out of the finals race, there would be no complaints.

Well there would be at least five complaints. But not from me

Last edited:
So I hear that Roughhead is getting a farewell game for Hawthorn. This the same ruthless Club and Coach that won’t gift games to players? Shame on them.
Lol I think Clarkson deserves to do whatever he wants. We haven’t won a flag in 20 years. Spot the difference?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC Clarko said it wouldn't happen, then when finals were off the agenda he changed his mind. Don't know for sure, but their ladder position / finals prospects changed between those 2 statements? And I think if they were still in the hunt, even for 8th, he wouldn't have done it.

Yeah

Unless you’re getting a proven coach like Clarkson or Longmire you’re choosing between unproven ones and looking for clues about their ability

Bolton’s clues were all “worked with Clarkson, coached the team for four weeks, oh and he’s a teacher so..”

Voss v Teague, Voss has little evidence vs Teague who has clearly turned the team around
It's hard to judge, Teague made the easy decision of putting the senior players back into big roles in the middle, which Bolton didn't do to give the younger players big roles. Immediate results turn, but that's not what Bolton was going for.

People will say Bolton failed as a coach, which his W/L record will say is true, but Teague is going to benefit massively from taking over from a coach who has already put 30, 40, 50+ games into the likes of Curnow, Petevski-Seton, McKay, Fisher, Marchbank, Weitering, Silvagni, Dow, Kennedy etc

IIRC Clarko said it wouldn't happen, then when finals were off the agenda he changed his mind. Don't know for sure, but their ladder position / finals prospects changed between those 2 statements? And I think if they were still in the hunt, even for 8th, he wouldn't have done it.
Plus it's the Gold Coast they're playing too.

Lol I think Clarkson deserves to do whatever he wants. We haven’t won a flag in 20 years. Spot the difference?

And it's Jarryd Roughead, a four time premiership champion. Not Brent Reilly or Nathan Van Berlo

Interesting comment in Teague’s presser

What did you learn from Phil Walsh?

Be authentic. Do it your way. Someone at Adelaide questioned what he was doing and he said hey I’ve got three years, I’m doing it my way, you don’t like it, sack me

:D :D Good on you Phil

They had someone on SEN who interviewed Teague years ago, he was under Walsh at WC and Adelaide and apparently he idolised Walsh.

No wonder he didn't last long at the AFC, fancy being under and working with the Disciples of Craig - how depressing would that be.

Roughead has won four flags, just a tiny difference to our under performing bunch.

He has certainly earnt a farewell game, but our resident apologists can't see the difference.

No wonder those at the club believe they are unaccountable when fanatics (on BF) are still happy with our direction, the casual fan would be way more forgiving then us on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back