NSW 2019 NSW Election Saturday 23rd march

Remove this Banner Ad

I can feel the gears grinding from here.

My point isn't really about what I believe per se, it's more that dismissing an entire group as 'loopy' (or some equivalent) should be done with the utmost caution, especially when you're someone who's capable of reasoned debate, unlike a couple of the hyenas above.
I get where you're coming from, but a lot of these minor parties are essentially one person with a profile and a couple of puppets. Fred Nile is the CDP, at least in NSW. So it's less about dismissing an 'entire group', and more about accurately profiling a couple of nutters.

I mean I am sure there are very sane people who vote for the CDP for a variety of reasons (heck, the word "Christian" alone is always good for a few votes from people who've never looked at your platform), but we are talking about the people who are going to be sitting in the legislature - and they are certifiably loopy.

I get where you're coming from, but a lot of these minor parties are essentially one person with a profile and a couple of puppets. Fred Nile is the CDP, at least in NSW. So it's less about dismissing an 'entire group', and more about accurately profiling a couple of nutters.

I mean I am sure there are very sane people who vote for the CDP for a variety of reasons (heck, the word "Christian" alone is always good for a few votes from people who've never looked at your platform), but we are talking about the people who are going to be sitting in the legislature - and they are certifiably loopy.

Is Paul Green a nutter? He was the Mayor of Shoalhaven, he introduced the Modern Slavery Bill to the NSW Parliament last year that was passed with unanimous support, and the Premier didn't seem too upset to have a picture taken with him. He goes about his business fairly quietly - rather unlike his leader.

Is Paul Green a nutter? He was the Mayor of Shoalhaven, he introduced the Modern Slavery Bill to the NSW Parliament last year that was passed with unanimous support, and the Premier didn't seem too upset to have a picture taken with him. He goes about his business fairly quietly - rather unlike his leader.
He might just be a good actor.
Lets wait for the off the cuff video to come out

Is he the bloke who tried to defend a copyright infringement accusation by claiming God owns everything?

Is he the bloke who tried to defend a copyright infringement accusation by claiming God owns everything?

"It was a Christmas fun video, a silly Dad was making a silly video with his children and they put a song to it, which I was unaware of," Mr Green said.
"We put it on Twitter and it was bought to my attention that it might have copyright issues and I pulled it down" "It is what it is. There was a video that the kids made and of course it was a fun video, a Christmas video, nothing to do with the Christian Democratic Party," he said.

yeah what a nutter

yeah what a nutter
Maybe I am thinking of another incident? I do remember him being quite the figure of fun at one point, but not the specifics.

I am sure he has done some good things for the community, but I dare say if anyone dug into his beliefs they'd find some pretty wacky stuff. He wouldn't be second on Fred's ticket if he didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that you’re scared. Part of you is thinking maybe. Shorten isn’t liked and is turning off a fair chunk of swinging voters with his policies to steal from anyone that tries to get ahead and become self reliant.
Labor will struggle to win 80 seats.
He isnt liked but Libs keep screwing up and the ALP is staying discplined. They will get closer to 90 seats and independents will win a few extra ones including warringah (which the LNP need to lose to help them rebuild for 22)

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back