Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows.
All I know is if we win this, we'll win the Flag, this game is the biggest test.
We would have always had to play Richmond to win the flag, most of us thought it'd be in the GF. It'll be nice if we win going into the GF against Collingwood again. They'll definitely wilt, they're perennial GF chokers

Guthrie needs to go to Martin, if I recall he actually had contained Martin in that 2017 final but then he got injured in the late 2nd or early 3rd and Martin got off the leash and blew us away.
Yea that's right. We were in the game until halfway through the 3rd Q where it got away from us. We missed our chances, they took ours. By the 4th Q, the momentum was taken away from us. Injuries listed as Geelong: C.Guthrie (calf), Kolodjashnij (calf).

I think we start with no tag on Dusty. Re-assess at QT and see if we need to move Guthrie onto him.

What the tigers did to Brisbane (same as what Pies did to us) was get the ball out the back for easy goals. If we play defensive, those goals will cost us. If we play attacking footy that's high scoring, it won't decide the game (see WCE last night)

Liam Ryan held to 2 possessions outside of his 2nd quarter theatrics. Was Bews on him? Who does he go to this week?

Bews won a few 1 on 1 contested possessions which was encouraging but his aerial work is still an abomination. He continually over commits, fails to spoil and lets the ball get over the back.

His ability to corral an opponent is almost non-existent and he gets side-stepped way too easily so I just hope he doesn't get Shane Edwards, it could be disastrous.

Much prefer him on someone like Castagna who is a bit more predictable.

One thing for sure is Jed will never be dropped. Scotty played alongside Rat in Brisbane and will always look after and defend his boy.

Last edited:
Selwood to run with Dusty. Rohan back in. We will open them up like a can of cheap sardines.
Selwood is too slow Dusty would burn him with pace, Guthrie will get first shot at Dusty, unless Dusty goes forward then Bews can have a shot...

If Hawkins is out...who replaces him in the side as a forward option? I see in another thread Rohan is getting mentioned a lot. He hasn't fired a shot since the bye so I can't really understand this....but he does seem to be a Scott favourite, so a big chance he will get picked if fit.

Hawkins is a reasonably mobile big man, which Buzza and Freddie are versions of, but it doesn't seem to be Scott's style to bring someone in for a final who hasn't played in the seniors all year. I would pick Buzza over Freddie mainly because of his more mature body to be able to take the hits in a final.

But Scott is more likely to pick Rohan and then rotate Harry from back to forward during the game at times to get a 2nd tall option forward.
Henderson?

Look's like there could be a lot of rain the day of the game with 20-40m predicted at this point.

Not sure who that suits better if that's the case & happens.

Most of that precipitation will happen halfway through the 3rd quarter when the Richmond faithful are crying their eyes out.

As for Hawkins, can we get Gaz senior out of retirement? In his prime he'd kick 10 against this mob, but at 50+ I'm sure he can still kick a lazy half dozen. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would have always had to play Richmond to win the flag, most of us thought it'd be in the GF. It'll be nice if we win going into the GF against Collingwood again. They'll definitely wilt, they're perennial GF chokers

Id rather Rich in the GF... a PF against Rich means 95000 mostly rich supports going crazy... fast start again a must

With out Hawk,I'd be tempted against Richmond to push Taylor deep forward as a marking target,bring in Rohan if fit and start him as a high forward running through 50.
Usually I'd be against changing things up too much, but this is a borderline possibility given the height of the Richmond forwardline. I just don't like the idea of doing something that unsettles the team, and removing Taylor from the backline might do exactly that. I'd straight-swap Rohan for Hawk and play things by ear in the first quarter. Ablett up forward (maybe even CHF?), Selwood, Danger, Kelly and Guthrie in the middle with Stanley. Obviously without Hawkins, the forwardline is the weak part of the chain, but there's no way around that with him out of the team. The small forwardline will need to find a way to guts out a win, and Sav MUST hold up his end of the deal. If he doesn't, we're toast.

At least one change .... who comes in

the coach love Blitz everywhere ... FF would be a step too far I think ..

Taylor at FF and Henderson in ?

You did see his couple of attempts at kicking goals last night right - hopefully the MC did to and we see Blicavs back in the defence next week & not inside our forward 50 too often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back