Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard from more than one person that he’s as much chance to come into the side as anyone else. The issue is not whether they want to pick him - they are desperate to pick him. It’s a risk versus reward situation but it sounds as though players might already be across it.

We’ll know in 24 hours.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know its only training and that counts for very little, but there have been several videos over the last 2 weeks or so that had Cocky in full match sim and training drills in the background whilst camera was focused on other players.

Id say he's moving freely. Nothing more I could say than that.

Go Catters

Cockatoo at full forward! Leading out of the goal square. Let’s do it!

If successful, He can then play in the Grand Final.

Otherwise I’m for the Hendo option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Hendo and think there's a spot on our list for him but between him and Taylor that's one too many lumbering kpps vs a small backline in the wet. If we don't have a tall forward who can come in effectively don't try shoehorn someone who isn't in there. Bring in a mid for Hawkins. Conditions suit Constable, scooter could be worth a shot, Parsons if we want someone to blame

What would your preference have been?
The only winning card we have to play is Dangerfield forward. It’s the only move that Richmond will fear and for good reason.

*inB4 “yeah but we will miss him in the midfield”

Great post as always. You've summed it up very well.
Not sure if anyone remembers, but when asked post match about why they lost - Simpson said something very simple.

“They wanted it more”.

Forgetting gameplans and execution and favouritism and expectation and crowds and location, it really comes down to will (something he mentioned as well).

The Collingwood game was perfect for me. Scrappy, we did everything that we could to win, but failed. And we failed for one reason. We didn’t want it more when it mattered. And by the time we realised what it meant, it was too late for all the effort in the world.

The game reminds me of another. The 2016 Hawks game where we won because of an Isaac Smith miss.

We thought that we’d done well. And then got poleaxed in the next game. Completely switched off mentally. We assumed that we were good enough.

We should have lost and come back up the other side of the draw and played without a break.

Anyway, I digress. No matter the result, the Team is not coming in complacently. They know exactly what is expected. There is no expectation for a win. They know they have to fight it out. Four players last week mentioned punching - Stewart, Danger, Hawkins and Guthrie. We’ve got ourselves into a dogfight mentality and ready for a heavyweight fight. We’ll throw everything including the kitchen sink at them and Richmond better expect to do the same or that ‘will’ and ‘want’ that Geelong have will roll straight over them.

Such that I've been focused on missing Duncan, Clark and Hawkins...

I'm still forgetting that we have Dangerfield, Selwood, TK, Guthrie, Parfitt, Narkle and Menegola most likely in the midfield rotations... that ain't that bad.
Stanley will play well too.

Don't worry about the defence, its as stingy as ever.
Because of this post I just put on a bet.

Gee, I hope you are right. That was my operation money.

I like Hendo and think there's a spot on our list for him but between him and Taylor that's one too many lumbering kpps vs a small backline in the wet. If we don't have a tall forward who can come in effectively don't try shoehorn someone who isn't in there. Bring in a mid for Hawkins. Conditions suit Constable, scooter could be worth a shot, Parsons if we want someone to blame

All of those other players are vastly inferior to Hendo though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it game day yet?
No but it is Melt Day

tenor.gif

1980 was when they smashed Collingwood in the GF as well.

The takeaway is 10+ is a statistical anomaly they rarely achieve.
Prior to 1980 was 1933.
1933 and 1980 and 2019 have no common denominator in players or teams.
Odds are 11 in a row is far less likely to happen than what $1.30 odds are suggesting.

Stewart is going to be the key player, I think he will be given licence to roam to chop off those surge forward goals. He will be the spare man.

Henderson on Riewoldt. Kolo on Lynch. Taylor is going to play forward and Blicavs as defensive winger.

We have to hope that we are controlling midfield and Martin can’t be stationed in forward 50, we have no match up for him.

We potentially have edge in midfield, they have big edge in forward half. Defences both outstanding.

If Cotchin and co get control like they did v Brisbane we will get slaughtered. If Danger, Joel and Kelly send it the other way, we can win.

Kelly looms as match winner, he will get more space than he has since game before bye, they will be focused on Selwood and Danger and don’t tag anyway. Is he ready to step up to this level?

lots of doom and gloom in here. I'm expecting us to win as we should. Time to break some little tiger hearts.

Would rather a big bodied sacrificial lamb to take Hawkins spot but Hendo in Taylor forward is probably the best approach. Hendo has been good this year and only missed games because we can't play both him and Taylor. With Taylor retiring next year Hendo will take his spot. Just need Taylor to compete and bring the ball to ground for our small fleet to pounce.

Danger must start in the midfield. With our slow starts we need the best midfielder in the comp in there doing his thing. He can drift forward later in the game. We must start hungry, same as last week.

One more sleep.

And giving away 'professional frees' cos he can't chase..
Has to be his last year.

We should've rested him a month or so before the finals, so he'd be cherry ripe come the business end of the season. The back-to-back interstate games against Sydney and Freo would've been the ideal time to leave him at home to freshen up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back