Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How hard do people melt for after a loss ?

1) 2 hours and then forget about it
2) 48 hours
3) weeks
4) Months

I used to mope around for ages when I was younger. I'm over it within an hour these days.

How hard do people melt for after a loss ?

1) 2 hours and then forget about it
2) 48 hours
3) weeks
4) Months
Losing the EF to Carlton I recovered after we won the flag in 17. Hate losing to them and it’s probably bc I know so many Carlton supporters. Still bitter about 82 and I don’t like thinking about it.
I’m over last years loss to the Pies as I could see we were falling off a cliff.
With most losses now I go to my man cave and have a rock on my rocking chair whilst getting smashed on a few reds and I’m alright when I wake up two days later.😏

As soon as the eagles won the flag that game become null and void in my eyes, it was like a weight had been lifted of the shoulders and to be quite honest i was over it the very next day. We played like s**t and had the whole game to absorb what was going to happen, it wasn't like we got pipped at the post.
Yep was there with my sister and my brother-in-law, she and I knew within the first 15 minutes of the first quarter that it wasn’t meant to be.

Kudos to my brother-in-law, who’s a passionate Collingwood supporter, he didn’t rub it in too much, however dad, my sister and I never enjoyed an opposition flag as much as we enjoyed WCE last year. :D

fu**n dreamt the whole game last night. Literally every quarter. Yes I've got problems. And it's not even grand final week. Nightmare

Same. Dreamt that we were playing West Coast in a prelim. At the end of the game scores were tied as we kicked a goal on the siren and according to the dream this meant we were through (Ala world cup 99) Score review showed that the ball shaved the post and we lost by 5 points. Chris Scott was then showed to be laughing hysterically in the stands.

Yep was there with my sister and my brother-in-law, she and I knew within the first 15 minutes of the first quarter that it wasn’t meant to be.

Kudos to my brother-in-law, who’s a passionate Collingwood supporter, he didn’t rub it in too much, however dad, my sister and I never enjoyed an opposition flag as much as we enjoyed WCE last year. :D
My brother in law ( pie fan ) a few days after the GF reminded of some texts i sent him before the prelim, i couldn't remember them but he showed me and i was like " yep i own that " was rubbing it in a little bit then all i had to say was " at least my team doesn't blow 5 goal grand final leads ", his response was..... " moving on ", not another word about footy was mentioned the rest of the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a dream the other night.
It was a sell-out final.
Pickett in a forward pocket, on the members' wing, snaps a goal to the city end.
The whole crowd rose to its feet.
Funnily enough, the crowd was in black and white.

In terms of nerves, I can never watch the live broadcast.
I sneak a look at the score on the AFL app at half time.
If it's a foregone conclusion, then switch on 7 at the death knock.
Watch the replay at leisure on Live Pass.
Spot on. I can watch the start of a game but then the nerves kick in and as soon as the opposition look like getting on top I turn it off and just watch the live scores every couple of minutes on the AFL website. Then if it is clear we are going to win I will turn the TV back on to watch the last few minutes and then watch the replay.

As soon as the eagles won the flag that game become null and void in my eyes, it was like a weight had been lifted of the shoulders and to be quite honest i was over it the very next day. We played like s**t and had the whole game to absorb what was going to happen, it wasn't like we got pipped at the post.

exactly how i felt - although this year has been kind of weird, from around early march, all I wanted was for finals to return for a chance at redemption thats it - I never truly clocked out but didnt really start to enjoy the journey as a supporter until after the bye, - some may say its bc it coincided when we started winning but it changed at selection the week prior. Thinking was, ok the footy gods have been against us and theres nothing we can do about it, it'll either continue or saddle up and enjoy one hell of a ride if we start getting soldiers back consistently which is what happened. Now that we've arrived back to the spot we wanted to get to its a great feeling to get the opportunity to watch us try and right last years wrong especially against the Cats and potentially the pies

Spot on. I can watch the start of a game but then the nerves kick in and as soon as the opposition look like getting on top I turn it off and just watch the live scores every couple of minutes on the AFL website. Then if it is clear we are going to win I will turn the TV back on to watch the last few minutes and then watch the replay.

What about if you go to the game ?

Thats how I am with my 2 brother in laws and sister in law - after the early years where there was plenty of banter, theres been an unspoken peace between us - they were on the tiggy train in 17 even dressed their kids up in tiger gear and to their horror one of them has stuck LOL. I must admit I probably havent enjoyed an oppo flag as much as wce last year.

Same. Dreamt that we were playing West Coast in a prelim. At the end of the game scores were tied as we kicked a goal on the siren and according to the dream this meant we were through (Ala world cup 99) Score review showed that the ball shaved the post and we lost by 5 points. Chris Scott was then showed to be laughing hysterically in the stands.
Reported

Can't wait for Dimma's presser when he says that the cats are worse this year than 2017 and we are better this year than 2017. :D

Nah who am i kidding, he will praise the s**t out of them like he does every other club we come up against.
“Look, the way we look at is they’re a quality side and you only have to be a little bit off for them to punish you. But, we embrace the challenge, we know our system, we back the players to execute it, and hopefully we come away with a good result.”

Can't wait for Dimma's presser when he says that the cats are worse this year than 2017 and we are better this year than 2017. :D

Nah who am i kidding, he will praise the s**t out of them like he does every other club we come up against.

put your house on this:

Journo will ask about his thoughts on the cats form as it has been up and down in the back half of the year.

Dimmas response: We know that Geelongs best is very very good, they finished top of the ladder for a reason and we will be preparing for their absolute best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back