News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Or Justin Reid had his own plan that they're focusing on.

Not everything needs to be boiled down to a deficiency in the AFC.

Are you confident that Reid has a plan?

Unless it's to make other teams stronger, I'm not seeing one.

No surprise she had this ready to go

Also no surprise Burton thinks none of it is his fault

I think the integrity unit should be called back for the third time to re-investigate but this time do the job properly, and all the official player complaints and concerns that went to the AFLPA should be looked at again or at least the AFLPA should tell us the truth that there were actually official complaints by the players.

Surely out of all that, Caro and we, should get all the juicy bits.

IF we trade 4 to them, BIG IF, they must pay a fair price for Jenkins.

If Flanders is rated so highly maybe we'll just take him.

Surely Adelaide wouldn't be stupid enough to trade pick 4.

We actually paid Pick 8 and 19 for it, it would make no sense at all to trade it back for a couple of picks in the teens.

Who am I kidding it's Adelaide, of course we'd be that dumb.

But 500 points still wouldn’t be enough to cover the deficit? I’m guessing they will be aiming to add more picks in this draft to make up the points required.
If we bid on Green at 4 that's 2034 points. Pick 36 and 40 is around 1000 points. So with the discount they will just use some other rubbish picks to complete the deal.

Question - Do you think he is the 32nd best player in the AFL ?? CD stats are heavily weighted in favour of contested ball, which most of Hughs possessions are.

Have you read how the system they use works? It's geared toward a player having a positive effect for their team on a passage of play.

Someone explain to me why GWS would opt to negotiate with us for 4 instead of Melbourne for 3? They know we're keen on Green and have more to give Melbourne for 3 than we do.

Question - Do you think he is the 32nd best player in the AFL ?? CD stats are heavily weighted in favour of contested ball, which most of Hughs possessions are.
32 seems high

But I rate him higher than our 23rd best player which our selection committee seemed to

If we've got 22 players better than Hugh Greenwood then we're swimming in flags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you read how the system they use works? It's geared toward a player having a positive effect for their team on a passage of play.
I know very well the system they use. Doesn't mean it's right though does it ??

I'll ask again, do you think he's the 32nd best player in the game ?? You'd want to, given its the basis for your entire argument.

Is it an absolute given that the Giants match Green if we or Melb bid at 4/3? Inside mid really isnt a need for them at all.
Who's the highest bid for player where a club hasn't matched?

Geez that's a hard sentence to write... hopefully you know what I mean

Was Josh Dunkley pick 20 or so?

32 seems high

But I rate him higher than our 23rd best player which our selection committee seemed to

If we've got 22 players better than Hugh Greenwood then we're swimming in flags
Hard to say. I mean he's probably inside the 22 you'd think, but how many inside leaning mids can you have in your 22 ?? The Crouches and Sloane are better midfielders, and we need more pressure in our forwardline.

Hugh unfortunately falls out, a 4 year deal would've been silly.

Is it an absolute given that the Giants match Green if we or Melb bid at 4/3? Inside mid really isnt a need for them at all.

If they weren't interested in matching for Green I don't see the logic in why they traded up.

I tend to think their trade suggests that they're going for both a high draft pick and Green.

I'm absolutely open to this. Ive hoped this for the last few years, but what I see in terms of results makes me think otherwise. I get the feeling he's still in a player manager mindset looking for 1 on 1 deals primarily. He's not the most creative thinker.
Perhaps, I think he's a product of the Crows to be honest.

Been here 5 years, every year he's had to be transactional, I can't remember a year in which we haven't lost a player over that time

I know very well the system they use. Doesn't mean it's right though does it ??

I'll ask again, do you think he's the 32nd best player in the game ?? You'd want to, given its the basis for your entire argument.

So can you point to where it says that winning contested ball in isolation is a heavily influencing factor? Or is it that it rewards those who win the footy and then use it in a way that benefits their side? Perhaps it's also rewarding players that create turnovers with their tackling in the contest?The formula may not be perfect, but when you look at the rankings it has produced, it's difficult to argue with the players that it has ranked as the elites of the competition.

Is he the 32nd best player in the league? I don't know, it's pretty difficult to make that assessment when you're unable to watch and analyse every single game of football that is played. I will say that there aren't too many players getting around with his combination of size, in close hand eye coordination, contested ball winning, defensive tackling pressure, marking ability and x-factor going around and I'd easily have him picked in the top 10 if I were selecting our 22.

So can you point to where it says that winning contested ball in isolation is a heavily influencing factor? Or is it that it rewards those who win the footy and then use it in a way that benefits their side? Perhaps it's also rewarding players that create turnovers with their tackling in the contest?The formula may not be perfect, but when you look at the rankings it has produced, it's difficult to argue with the players that it has ranked as the elites of the competition.

Is he the 32nd best player in the league? I don't know, it's pretty difficult to make that assessment when you're unable to watch and analyse every single game of football that is played. I will say that there aren't too many players getting around with his combination of size, in close hand eye coordination, contested ball winning, defensive tackling pressure, marking ability and x-factor going around and I'd easily have him picked in the top 10 if I were selecting our 22.
It's very easy. I could name 100 players who are better players than Hugh, and I could name 10 players on our squad currently who I would pick before him.

CD rated our list as the best or 2nd best in the comp in the pre season, that alone should tell you how flawed it is.

We may be getting rid of Jenkins today. Please be so. Hoping we pay only 100k of his wage.

It's very easy. I could name 100 players who are better players than Hugh, and I could name 10 players on our squad currently who I would pick before him.

CD rated our list as the best or 2nd best in the comp in the pre season, that alone should tell you how flawed it is.

Go on then.

It's based on previous statistical output. It doesn't predict the ******* future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back